Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this today and have to say I'm pretty impressed with it and BCS.

grats!:clap

have original but still plottin on this as a upgrade, prefer this sculpt i think. hows the body?
big fan of BCS but drives me up the wall how crap the bodies are, out of 11,4,10,12 and sherlock in my collect only one upper thigh swivel wasnt floppy out of box. keep hoping they will fix the issue moving forward.

Not sure which I like more. I really had to change the shirt on the Series 4. He just looks better using the Gordon shirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1452613078.195200.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1452613078.195200.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 204
Wow, really nice job on those! If you ever make his standard dark burgundy tie with blue leaves that he wore with the blue suit, I'd love to have one.

In fact it looks like you already have the right pattern on the orange tie you made, and would just have to change the colors.

I really hope for a custom head. The first figure, which I flipped, to basically pay for the TARDIS and this figure, had a better likeness of DT despite it being a softer sculpt. Has anyone seen a cast of the original head?

Wow, really nice job on those! If you ever make his standard dark burgundy tie with blue leaves that he wore with the blue suit, I'd love to have one.

In fact it looks like you already have the right pattern on the orange tie you made, and would just have to change the colors.

ya that is the red tie. when I printed it the red didn't come out the right color. I'm going to try and print in on silk and see if its any better.

I really hope for a custom head. The first figure, which I flipped, to basically pay for the TARDIS and this figure, had a better likeness of DT despite it being a softer sculpt. Has anyone seen a cast of the original head?

I am looking for one as well for a Purple Man custom. Any info would be appreciated.

I'll let you know if I see one. Also, since you obviously like the show, I commissioned a Jessica Jones headsculpt recently. It should be available within the next 2 months.

Thats awesome. I would love to see it when you get it.

I found some fun pics of my favourite doctor I did a while ago, and I thought I'd share...

Enjoy!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

For those who have both versions of the 10th Doctor, which would you say is the best?
Cost aside...

Any side by side shots would be appreciated too as I can't seem to find any so far, thanks! :)

I hated the blue suit one so much that I sent him back. I have the brown suit one and in my opinion there is no comparison. The brown suit version is the superior one. On the blue suit version, the paint app is lacking, the suit didnt fit well, the long coat was poorly done compared to the brown suit one and was the wrong colour.

I did see someone who had the blue suit version head re-painted. it looked stunning, but I refuse to spend further money to bring a figure up to a decent level that should have been supplied in the first place. other problems, the stand didnt fit together properly so it was useless at holding the figure up, the accessories were pretty much the exact same as what came with the brown suit version and the adipose had moulding residue on the top of their heads. I was extremely dissapointed with it in all and is the first time i hated a figure. Its a shame as I really wanted to like it but I feel BCS are starting to slip and I really hope the Tardis will be of a high standard. Im already a bit peeved that the door sign no longer lights up. I would cancel my order and get a refund, but I suspect they will keep the NRD of £60 even though what I pre ordered is not what I am getting.

So to sum up, the brown suit version is better. If you dont have that version then the blue suit one is an ok substitute. I think I may be in the minority when it comes to disliking the blue suited version.

As a side note: Im also really hating this whole build-a-figure thing they are doing. its a cheap trick to fleece fans out of money. I want the pyjama doctor but I dont want the figures that each piece comes with.

Sorry I dont have any pics of blue.

P1020854.jpg
20150801_221951.jpg
P1020996.jpg

Thanks for the input!

I can't decide which headsculpt I like best. So I think I'm gonna go for both and make the ultimate 10th from the parts. Expensive, but as one of my favourite characters, he has to be well represented in my collection!

Back