Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha I said the same thing when I did it. I just did a basic knot like so, I find that to be the easiest, and also what I use in real life when I feel like wearing one, so I had an idea of what to do.

So. To prep the knot. Undo the tie, and if need be try to iron the wider portion flat to about a little over the halfway point. Use a buffer like a paper towel or a tshirt, you'll take the print on the tie off if you go direct. As it tapers back, fold the narrower end in half lengthwise (hotdog style) and iron it. This is important to make it fit under the collar tightly. Now, here is the tricky part. You just need to practice. It's a lot of trial and error, but once you have a tight loop you can still fit around the collar and neck with the appropriate lengths, take the head off (watch the hair on the sculpt), slip the tie over the collar, replace the neck and sculpt, and futz it all in place. Then, observe your knot and note what tightens when you pull the tail versus the large exposed portion of the tie. Tighten as you see appropriate, making note that the collar remains overlapped. Do all this in conjunction with ensuring the shirt is nicely tucked in and level. I suggest removing the blazer to do this, and make sure to iron your red shirt collar too before doing any of this.

I warn you, this is tedious, it's not easy, you will get frustrated. Use forceps for sure. I don't use a clothes iron, I use a flat iron for straightening hair, it has adjustable temperatures and is easier to manipulate.

OMG...there has to be an easier way haha. Maybe take the head off and then loosen to get over collar, then tighten back up?

I Just ordered a Hot Toys Jim Gordon Light blue shirt to see if it will be a good replacement.
Thanks. I might check into that.

The more I look over the sculpt, I think it blows away the first version. The paint is comparable to me, but I do think the iris is a bit large like davejames was mentioning. Still, it's not something I would notice all that much

OMG...there has to be an easier way haha. Maybe take the head off and then loosen to get over collar, then tighten back up?

It's not as complicated as it sounds. The thing that will take the longest is sizing, ironing, and prepping the tie. The issue is the knot and loop stock is not sized well enough. You'll just tighten the knot but not decrease the size of the loop around the neck significantly. That's where resizing it yourself becomes important. The way I see it, the worst that can happen is you'll retie it as tight it was and you're no worse for wear.

It's not as complicated as it sounds. The thing that will take the longest is sizing, ironing, and prepping the tie. The issue is the knot and loop stock is not sized well enough. You'll just tighten the knot but not decrease the size of the loop around the neck significantly. That's where resizing it yourself becomes important. The way I see it, the worst that can happen is you'll retie it as tight it was and you're no worse for wear.

Hmm...ok. Thanks for the tips. Trying to fit clothes on 1:6 stuff is very aggravating to me, but it looks good for those who can pull it off

One trick I found for making the shirt sit better is taking off the jacket and pants and pulling the shirt down so it sits right on the neck then tape the shirt back and front between the legs so that it hold the shirt in place. That way you don't have to worry about it coming untucked.

One trick I found for making the shirt sit better is taking off the jacket and pants and pulling the shirt down so it sits right on the neck then tape the shirt back and front between the legs so that it hold the shirt in place. That way you don't have to worry about it coming untucked.

That's exactly how I dress myself every moving.

Well mine got sent, they didn't check my support issue nor my email. It says shipped and no tracking number.

So, this just happened

FB_IMG_1447421473588.jpgFB_IMG_1447421488579.jpgFB_IMG_1447421480985.jpgFB_IMG_1447421477372.jpg

I hate Fedex. :gah:

They always change my adress for some reason and put the wrong town although Big Chief has the right adress. Called yesterday to make sure it gets delivered to the right adress and the driver doesn't look for my street in the wrong place for several hours like last time. Should have been delivered today but wasn't. Checking online they claim the adress would be incorrect but it's correct now, it was wrong before I called. Just called again, hopefully I'll get it on Monday. I buy a lot of stuff online from anywhere in the world, never had any problems unless it was sent with Fedex. Such a mess everytime and they know it, been told I'm not the only one having such problems. Thankfully of all the places I order from it's only Big Chief who are using them (wish the didn't) but I bet next time I get a figure from them there will be the same mess again, so annoying.

Well mine got sent, they didn't check my support issue nor my email. It says shipped and no tracking number.

If it says shipped, but there's no tracking number then it hasn't shipped yet. A label may have been generated, but it hasn't been picked up yet. When the package is in the Fedex system you should get emails from them with the shipping status. When the Fedex emails start showing up, you can know for sure your guy is on the way.

what was the support about?

curious cuz i subbed a support and emailed asking if my 12 has mini tardis, got a reply saying it shipped but no word on tardis. arrived today, love it! but no mini tardis. so frustrating i paid the same amount as those that got one why wouldn't i? also cmon its the best accessory every 12 ordered should have it....... *end of rant* :p

what was the support about?

curious cuz i subbed a support and emailed asking if my 12 has mini tardis, got a reply saying it shipped but no word on tardis. arrived today, love it! but no mini tardis. so frustrating i paid the same amount as those that got one why wouldn't i? also cmon its the best accessory every 12 ordered should have it....... *end of rant* :p

Did you pay in full at time of preorder or by payment plan? If so, yes you should have got one as those were the conditions.

I tried to cancel it and made a support ticket to check with them if I could cancel the order before it got shipped.

Did you pay in full at time of preorder or by payment plan? If so, yes you should have got one as those were the conditions.

i paid in full yeah, but it was instock at time. but still.... BCS got the exact same amount of money as those that POed why shouldnt i get the mini tardis as well? whats it matter it if was POed or instock they got my money so why cant i get the figure with full load out? it honestly feels incomplete w/o it.

Thats just part of their T&Cs sadly. I cant remember but it also may have been limited to the first 500 customers too. With a bit of luck they may add it for sale as one of their expansion packs like they did with the cherub and handles. Im hoping the Tennant build a figure will eventually be sold like this cos like hell am I buying all the other figures just to get one I actually want

its a such a well thought out and cool accessory, to hold it over my head and try to get more money out of me by selling separately simply cuz i wasnt in the first 500 to buy is frustrating. whats it matter to them if they got my money in the first 500 orders or later?

I understand your displeasure with the way it's handled, but it's the same as when Sideshow has an exclusive edition. It is a pre-order incentive so they start getting money early. I don't like it either. I personally thought the spoon hand should have been the incentive item and the mini TARDIS been the regular pack in.

Back