Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 7b Matt Smith blue shirt would also look good - or better - with this outfit. I used it to replace the original blue shirt when I made a raggedy Doctor (along with a CO tie).

Lack of promo pics with the red shirt perhaps? IIRC, Brown Ten's box has an image of his blue suit as well.

Well I was originally planning on selling my original Tennant, but with the new trenchcoat fitting so poorly I don't know anymore...

Is anybody else having that problem? I wonder if I could get a replacement from Big Chief, or do they do they even replace individual parts the way Sideshow does?

I find on my the cut and fit is much better on the new one. the only problem I have is that they didn't Iron the collar right and its got really short lapels.

You might be able to get a replacement but I would try and play around with some futzing first. the way the shirt comes packaged gives the look of really sloped shoulders.

Love the new headsculpt. The lack of of 5 o'clock shadow looks SO much better.

This guy photographs really really poorly. I just ended up futzing mine for 2 hours unknowingly (should be sleeping) and I'm not unimpressed by any means. I've got a bit of a loose knee, but I'll make do.

What I HIGHLY suggest you do is flat iron the collar of the shirt and retie the necktie yourself. I tightened it significantly, bringing the halves of the collar together and it looks much better, actually fitting with the lapels of the blazer. I realize now I don't have a direct picture, but you can see here what that little bit of work did.
2ad4e17f79d39e5a2d48fe95b45df427.jpg

Y
This guy photographs really really poorly. I just ended up futzing mine for 2 hours unknowingly (should be sleeping) and I'm not unimpressed by any means. I've got a bit of a loose knee, but I'll make do.

What I HIGHLY suggest you do is flat iron the collar of the shirt and retie the necktie yourself. I tightened it significantly, bringing the halves of the collar together and it looks much better, actually fitting with the lapels of the blazer. I realize now I don't have a direct picture, but you can see here what that little bit of work did.
2ad4e17f79d39e5a2d48fe95b45df427.jpg

Thanks for this photo - it's the first one I've seen where he doesn't look angry. Head looks great in that.

Of all the photos of the blue suit these were the only ones i could find with the burgundy shirt. Still im waiting for big chief to send mine. I paid my shipping on saturday and it says they can take up to 5 days to ship it but usually they do it in 3 days and today is day 3 if we count the business days.

Doctor_Who_S4_050.jpg5ab2ab9dc5ec14f912914757260a6d49.jpg

Last edited:
Frankly I hated this figure (which is a first for me collecting 1/6th figures) so much so that I have sent him back for a complete refund. The brown suited version is so much better.

The suit is too dark as is his hair, the collar is too big and requires a lot of futzing (more than it really should), the adipose have mould remnants on their heads as does 10's right ear and one of the adipose eyes are bigger than the other. if you already have mr brown then you have most of the accessories of which arent even relevant to the series 4 blue suited doctor. the coat isnt as good as the previous version either and i dont know why but the suit jacket feels padded as I have a hunchback effect. also the stand doesnt fit together properly so it doesnt even hold him up and his left arm was loose straight out the box (this seems to be a common thing with BCS bodies. The joints get loose very quickly and I feel the bodies are quite cheap). I get a sense that this figure was probably rushed a little.

I have struggled to see any positives with this. The headsculpt is nice but the paint app is terrible, flat and lacking. The suit fits too tightly and the shirt is a size too big for him. The coat doesnt fit nicely and the back was missing the crease where the buttons are. BCS have stated that the coat is exactly the same as the brown suit one as is the tailoring to the blue suit.

I really wanted to keep the adipose but couldnt and didnt want to considering the mould remnants which i notice is on one of the adipose in the £10 expansion pack showed earlier in this thread. I dont think I will be buying that and will just stick with the CO ones I have. Im also now £20 out of pocket as BCS dont refund postage (kinda fair I guess) but the fact is, the figure we were promised was not the figure we got. The promo pics shown earlier in this thread are amazing and I feel short changed. If the paint app was up to scratch I would have kept him and just asked for a replacement stand and set of adipose.

20151109_174825.jpg
20151109_174724.jpg
20151109_192524.jpg
20151111_134902.jpg
20151111_135123.jpg

Now this is the 10th doctor and those sunglasses are better than the BCS ones

P1020854.jpg
20150801_222017.jpg
P1020841.jpg
P1020860.jpg

Sorry you were unhappy with it. I have to admit I'm not quite as enamored with the figure as I originally was when taking him out of the box, but most just due to the poor fit of the trenchcoat (which I'm hoping they'll be willing to replace), and the headsculpt.

The more I look at the head, the more problematic it appears to be. The face on mine appears to be slightly warped and smashed in between the eyes, and I can't tell if that's the way it was sculpted or if I just got a bad casting. And then of course there's the fact it's slightly oversized and poorly painted and has those huge irises.

In the end, I think I'll still hold on to it, because I have always preferred him in the blue suit. And once I repaint the eyes and get a new coat it should still look pretty nice on the shelf. But it's definitely not the home run I was hoping it would be.

I've also noticed the stands on this one and capaldi don't fit together well. I should swap them all out with a basic black stand since I've never really cared for them and so prone to scratches

Of all the photos of the blue suit these were the only ones i could find with the burgundy shirt. Still im waiting for big chief to send mine. I paid my shipping on saturday and it says they can take up to 5 days to ship it but usually they do it in 3 days and today is day 3 if we count the business days.

View attachment 222815View attachment 222816

I paid for my Tennant on Friday the 6th and Cap on the 8th . They both show shipped on my page today .

No response from them on the support ticket - for my bonus items so I guess I will know in the next day or two when it arrives .

Sorry you were unhappy with it. I have to admit I'm not quite as enamored with the figure as I originally was when taking him out of the box, but most just due to the poor fit of the trenchcoat (which I'm hoping they'll be willing to replace), and the headsculpt.

The more I look at the head, the more problematic it appears to be. The face on mine appears to be strangely flat and smashed in between the eyes, and I can't tell if that's how it always was or if I got a bad casting. And then there's just the fact it's slightly oversized and poorly painted and has those huge irises.

In the end, I think I'll still hold on to it, because I have always preferred him in the blue suit. And once I repaint the eyes and get a new coat it should still look pretty nice on the shelf. But it's definitely not the home run I was hoping it would be.

I was really looking forward to it as I too prefer the blue suit look. But there wasnt enough reasons for me to keep him and as Ive said, I feel he was rushed. The series 7 matt smith headsculpt also suffered and could do with a repaint but im ok with that as everything else about it was a hit with me whereas I dont feel the same with this new 10. However after nearly £200 spent, I refuse to spend more money on 10 or 11 by repainting their heads, I shouldnt have too. Maybe if the red shirt wasnt so bad I would have kept it and just used the brown 10 head on this instead as it works alot better than the head it came with. shame. Heres hoping 10 and 11's Tardis are better as I have both on PO.

I've also noticed the stands on this one and capaldi don't fit together well. I should swap them all out with a basic black stand since I've never really cared for them and so prone to scratches

If you contact BCS they will most likely replace it for you. I like the stands but I havent removed the plastic protector on the base. I just remove the batteries for fear of them leaking.

20151003_200354.jpg

I paid for my Tennant on Friday the 6th and Cap on the 8th . They both show shipped on my page today .

No response from them on the support ticket - for my bonus items so I guess I will know in the next day or two when it arrives .

I opened a ticket to see if I can still cancel it and only loose my NRD. This was a grail for me but nothing I have seen convince me to keep it. I live in Puerto Rico (small Island in the Caribbean) and my shipping was $52 usd and I can't receive the figure and the returned it because it will cost me another $50 at least.

My Capaldi one doesn't clip together properly either! :gah: Not sure about Ten's yet as he is still boxed up. I think over time I'll switch all my Doctors over to the plain stands too, I much prefer them. :)

I opened a ticket to see if I can still cancel it and only loose my NRD. This was a grail for me but nothing I have seen convince me to keep it. I live in Puerto Rico (small Island in the Caribbean) and my shipping was $52 usd and I can't receive the figure and the returned it because it will cost me another $50 at least.

As far as im concerned its terrible. I would rate it alongside a medicom maybe a sideshow. I have never been so disappointed with a figure ever. You could also try asking them to change the funds over to another figure if you wanted one. I have heard of that happening before.

I would also advise you just email them. You will probably get a quicker response than this ticket thing. the email address is....

[email protected]

Tell me, how is BCS about replacing bodies? That's the only complaint I've got, mine has a loose knee. Can you tighten the atomix joints by hand like on a TT or a TT clone?

Back