Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Tenth Doctor (Series 4) David Tennant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sidenote : This should be very helpful on their site now .The new support button on the top of the BCS site .

New Customer Support Help Desk Now Online
Have a query regarding an order? A problem with a product? We are here to help. Our new Support Help Desk is now online and available for all customers. Seeking help could not be easier. Simply click on the “Support” link in the top bar of our website and you will be presented with two options:

Sidenote : This should be very helpful on their site now .The new support button on the top of the BCS site .

Have a query regarding an order? A problem with a product? We are here to help. Our new Support Help Desk is now online and available for all customers. Seeking help could not be easier. Simply click on the “Support” link in the top bar of our website and you will be presented with two options:

let us know if they reply. i asked via that in regards to my 12 order and if it has mini tardis. no reply yet and order still processing, i imagine they are still very busy gettin all those PO's out for 10 and 12.

It will definitely take them time to respond right now. I had an issue right after a previous launch and they mentioned being backed up due to the release. They're always helpful once you actually get someone, though

yeah agreed, once you got a hold of someone they are super helpful.

i remember way back ordering 4 when he was first instock and waiting days with nada in regards to a email order confirmation beyond the paypal stuff or a shipping notice and got frustrated(is alot of money for me), emailed with no response then posted on their Fb and in the fan group and as soon as they saw it i had 4 inhand like 48hrs later and they were very nice in the back and forth contact had with them, apologized for the lack of attention with my order.

easy to forget they are a smaller company and have alot to juggle at once.:)

let us know if they reply. i asked via that in regards to my 12 order and if it has mini tardis. no reply yet and order still processing, i imagine they are still very busy gettin all those PO's out for 10 and 12.

Yeah I logged a ticket on that and have heard nothing. I've sent them an actual email just earlier.

Well I paid my shipping on saturday now im waiting. I was worried about how it was gonna look but Im better if I see it in hand.

Yeah I logged a ticket on that and have heard nothing. I've sent them an actual email just earlier.

whats the email addy? gonna email today as well.

edit- think i have it, the support one?

Received mine today and I gotta say I'm much more impressed with it out of the box than I was with the Capaldi (although the fact Tennant has a much cooler and more colorful costume probably helps a bit ;)).

I admit in pics the head looks pretty simple and cartoonish (especially when blown up really big and in bright daylight), but in person it does feel much more detailed and realistic. At least to me. And I imagine it'll only look better under the proper lighting. And at least with the coat on, the head isn't really feeling that oversized to me either.

As with the Capaldi, the eyes could obviously use some more detail and shadowing, but that's the only nitpick I have at the moment. :)

doc.jpg

doc4.jpg

It looks cool. I guess i'll have to steam the clothes or something to make them look pressed and futz with it a little.

I think the right pose will do a lot for the clothes. The thing on particular about is the suit collar and tie. I hope I can futz that a bit.

12's headsculpt looks realistic, this headsculpt looks like an expensive Barbie doll.

Having had more time to work with it, the one thing I've really noticed is that the fit of the trenchcoat isn't nearly as good as on my first Tennant. Especially around the shoulders which slope down too much and aren't really defined at all. :(

And as for the head, I think the thing that's contributing most to the cartoonish look are the oversized irises. I think I'm just going to have to repaint the eyes entirely to get them looking somewhat more normal again.

I think the right pose will do a lot for the clothes. The thing on particular about is the suit collar and tie. I hope I can futz that a bit.

You can futz the collar pretty well. I had to take off the jacket and pull down the shirt further. You can see the end result below.

20151106_214515_zpss5t5t7mp.jpg

I was never really a fan of the red shirt (which I think he only wore in one mini-episode), so I decided to put him in his more standard blue suit look instead with the light blue shirt. Although I still need to get a more accurate dark red tie to go with it. :)

IMG_1319 (493x900).jpg

IMG_1326 (497x900).jpg

I wouldn't worry too much yet as long as you know the payment went through. Have you checked the website to see what your order status is? My Ten was marked shipped on Nov 2 (I paid on Oct 29), but they didn't actually ship him until yesterday. I should have him in hand sometime in the next two and a half hours!

I was never really a fan of the red shirt (which I think he only wore in one mini-episode), so I decided to put him in his more standard blue suit look instead with the light blue shirt. Although I still need to get a more accurate dark red tie to go with it. :)

View attachment 222463

View attachment 222464

First of all, that is beautiful. Really nice work. Definetly a Waters of Mars feel to it. Although, he did wear the red shirt one time outside of Last of the Time Lords/Time Crash. It was worn in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead. Just wanted to point that out. But as I said, beautiful work. :)

Got mine in and he looks great. The blue suit is my fave. The paint is more like the v2 matt smith and less like the capaldi one. I think the capaldi paint looks better, but this one isn't that bad in hand

Back