Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #04 Tom Baker

I was hoping they would still start shipping the coming week. :pray:

If they have already said that the date for payment has been extended to the 12th so that more folks can fully pay for theirs and still get it in time for the holidays...I'd guess that these will not ship until after the 12th.

That's how I read it anyway, it was the first thing that occured to me. Now I'm not saying that it isn't a long time to wait...I have paid in full too (for my #10) and I want my dolly right now!

"EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE, Sonic Screwdriver PEEOO PEEOO!!!!"

Whoops, sorry about that.

Oh well that would indeed explaine things, although I understood that post to mean what it says rather than 'everyone who pays before the 12th will still have to wait for thier product to ship after the 12th', it just seems like an odd way to do business, oh well i've waited 5 months so I guess I can wait 5 more days.

have seen very lil so been watching alot of the baker who eps as of late. talons of weng chiang, genesis of the daleks were both great as is pyramids of mars watching that now. def going to get this eventually, 10 is top priority but after that saving up for the 4th i think.

jealous of those with it incoming!

Oh well that would indeed explaine things, although I understood that post to mean what it says rather than 'everyone who pays before the 12th will still have to wait for thier product to ship after the 12th', it just seems like an odd way to do business, oh well i've waited 5 months so I guess I can wait 5 more days.

I believe they said on Facebook that the figures will start shipping this next week.

have seen very lil so been watching alot of the baker who eps as of late. talons of weng chiang, genesis of the daleks were both great as is pyramids of mars watching that now. def going to get this eventually, 10 is top priority but after that saving up for the 4th i think.

It's an amazing era. I started watching with 4 when I was 8. Pyramids of Mars was my first episode, and the next one I caught was Seeds of Doom! I think I was lucky to be hooked by two of the best DW stories ever! :) I'm pretty much giddy with excitement getting this figure. Tom is one of the few Doctors where I'd buy a second figure just to get a second look. I think it'd be amazing to get his season 18 look some day. But I'd rather they get to more of the Doctors first!

I think Pyramids of Mars and Seeds of Doom were my first Doctor Who episodes as well. They are classics, but so are most of Tom Baker's early years.

It's an amazing era. I started watching with 4 when I was 8. Pyramids of Mars was my first episode, and the next one I caught was Seeds of Doom! I think I was lucky to be hooked by two of the best DW stories ever! :) I'm pretty much giddy with excitement getting this figure. Tom is one of the few Doctors where I'd buy a second figure just to get a second look. I think it'd be amazing to get his season 18 look some day. But I'd rather they get to more of the Doctors first!

cool!

will get "seeds of doom" from library next, putting it on hold now. :hi5:

if i get a BCS 10 it will be awhile before i have enough money for BCS 4 so plotting on a character options smaller 6inch scale ver to tide me over til then. dig the one with interchangeable heads.

oh mang the BCS 4 will look so cool with hands in pockets! must be patient....:gah:

I think Pyramids of Mars and Seeds of Doom were my first Doctor Who episodes as well. They are classics, but so are most of Tom Baker's early years.

You have selected two absolute must see Who stories.
Seeds is my favorite Dr Who DVD, and watched quite a lot. So much going on.
CO have a Seeds set containing a krynoid and or course, The Doctor.

My first was Deadly Assassin. Scared the CRAP outta me!. :horror

i wish i could remember my first who experience, was prolly a davison era ep when i was a lad in rugby uk.

finishing pyramids of mars! luv how the doc uses his scarf as a grappling like tool to wrestle with sutekh's lackey earlier and now a ruler for taking measurements. haha! so cool.

My first T.Baker episode was I think The Power of Kroll. I think I'm the only one who doesn't like T.Baker that much. He was amazing, but I personally liked Peter Davison more. It's probably simply because he was my 1st Doctor. Resurrection of the Daleks was the first episode of Doctor Who I've ever watched if I remember correctly. Reminds me of how much I miss Davros, actually. He's always been my favorite villian and I wish we got more of him in the new series.

Davros was only really cool in Genesis. I remember living that show as a kid.
I got the BBC LP on the way to my grans one weekend and listened to it all the way through in my granddads study (only place in their house with a record.player)
I think Toms Who stories whilst not always the best, were very entertaining and engaging owing to his presence.
I will always be a huge fan of Mr. Pertwee. I've list count how many times I've watched Spearhead. Now it's on blu, it's always on the big screen. Seeds is still my favorite DVD though, but not just because it's Who. It's just a great story, with so much in there. Love it.

Last edited:

I must have seen some of the Troughton episodes becasue I can remember the transition to Jon's first story. 'Spearhead...' is indeed a cracking yarn and it looks superb in HD.

However, my position as favourite 'Classic Era' doctor is tied between Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker. I loved the 'Brain Of Morbius' story for it's gothic horror elements.

Hope you feel better soon.Best wishes.

Watch the video posted up thread. Everyone who has seen it has said the face looks a little pinched compared to the prototype. The only people getting themselves in a panic are people who have never seen it but who are exaggerating the words of those who have.

Watch the video. That is what we are getting. He looks great.

Except of course I have seen in real life and yes, I think It doesn't look as good as the photos of the prototype and yes, imo the face does look thinner.

In fact I voiced my concerns to the staff manning the BC stall at the celebration and received no reply.

So not 'panicking' just a healthy dose of concern.

Except of course I have seen in real life and yes, I think It doesn't look as good as the photos of the prototype and yes, imo the face does look thinner.

In fact I voiced my concerns to the staff manning the BC stall at the celebration and received no reply.

I am not sure what your point is. Your tone suggests that you are attempting to rebut something I have written, yet nothing you say actually rebuts anything I wrote. Color me confused.

Since you have seen it in real life than I reckon what I wrote doesn't apply to you. I did however say that those who have seen it in person thought the face looked pinched; that part actually could apply to you. Not sure why you latched onto my post (again). Perhaps a reread on your part is in order? The extent to which the face actualy appears distorted is a matter of opinion. Others who actually own the piece, have told me they still think it's a great likeness and that the distortion is a minor nitpick. So you'll have to forgive me if I accept the word of several people I know who own the piece over the word of someone who looked at it as they passed by BCS's booth and felt reproved because the staff didn't indulge to address their concerns in the midst of a busy event.

I wasn't referring to you as being in a panic. If I were referring to you the adjective I would have chosen would have been "picky". :D

Last edited:
Back