Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - Captain Jack Harkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems a smidge off, but still closer than the proto pics we were shown. I may have to branch out from Doctors in this line. Now if only I could track down a Clara....

Seems a smidge off, but still closer than the proto pics we were shown. I may have to branch out from Doctors in this line. Now if only I could track down a Clara....
Yes, that's what I have been saying too. With the first one, I really was not sure whether I would have wanted to buy that. This is much better. I like him. There are many who say it does not look like him at all, so there are two very different opinions here. I like that he looks a bit older.
The only thing I am missing is the smirk, but I can see an extra smiling head in our future if this one sells well, and many are very excited.
I also think the long waiting - it has been five years! - has helped in making the figure better as their recent figures have become better.

For reminders, this is the previous one:

Jack1.jpg

No love in here for the new pictures?

I think it looks good...Jack is one of the companions I like enough to buy so I'll be ordering once it goes up. :yess:

Even though I have way too many Who figures on pre-order with BCS already!! :slap :lol

I think it looks good...Jack is one of the companions I like enough to buy so I'll be ordering once it goes up. :yess:

Even though I have way too many Who figures on pre-order with BCS already!! :slap :lol

I guess we're all in the same boat there, even though I am only waiting for the Third Doctor.

Actually I have been fallen out of the Who fandom in recent years and wasn't sure whether I even want to buy Jack while it had been my biggest wish many years ago. But I do try to get back into the fandom, and I then don't want to regret later to not having gotten him. He DID play a huge part in my life.

And I really do like him.

I even customized a Jack many years ago, and also in the dark blue shirt. I actually like it better than the light blue one.

P9060012.jpg

P9060014.jpg

Sadly I lost the webley including the holster. No idea how that fell off from the belt.

I’m in the page now and about to press pay on the sig edition.
I then looked at what I already have in preorder again!!!!
9 BCS figures!!! I was expecting 13th and 3rd to be out by now at least.
This’ll be a 10th figure paid for since 1Feb 2019.

It won’t stop me ordering though ... haha
Ok.. time to pull the trigger.

9? Wow, that's a lot! All done by Big Chief themself? As they also sell figures from others.
I have waited forever for the The Abominable Bride Sherlock set so I hear you!
Right now I only have the third Doctor on pre-order and I actually wanted to stop buying more. Then Jack happened.

I don't think the fringe or arched eyebrows do it many favours, but I can see (younger) Barrowman's likeness there. I'm a Who tragic, so I had to get it.

And yeah, It's my 10th outstanding pre-order too. Four Doctors, the Master, K-9, Connery Bond, the two Peaky Blinders, and now Jack. :horror

Hopefully we'll see at least the Third and Thirteenth Doctors by mid year, as planned.

Yes Astra, all BCS home brews.
3rd, 4th, 6th, 13th, K9, Master, Captain Black, Captain Blue, Lady P, and now Jack makes 10.
I really want every one of these. As much as I’ve not watch beyond 4th episode of 13th 1st season - the figure looks really good.
3rd and Master look stellar !!!
The Gerry Anderson range are actually my favorite figures in my collection.
BCS have taken a bit of flack, but I’m really enjoying their releases.

:lol I don't feel so bad then now seeing what other BCS pre-orders other collectors have!! I only collect the Doctor Who line from BCS...so it's all the Doctors, the Master plus Captain Jack for me! :)

I'll wait for in hand pictures. Really hope it looks better once people get it.

Yeah, I'm tempted to wait too seeing as imo this appears to be one of their 'weaker' releases. Thats greatcoat is pretty awful. I mean look at the collar on it. lol And yes, the likeness is not all it could have been, but I'm kinda willing to overlook that as I doubt another of these will be made.

Yes Astra, all BCS home brews.
3rd, 4th, 6th, 13th, K9, Master, Captain Black, Captain Blue, Lady P, and now Jack makes 10.
I really want every one of these. As much as I’ve not watch beyond 4th episode of 13th 1st season - the figure looks really good.
3rd and Master look stellar !!!
The Gerry Anderson range are actually my favorite figures in my collection.
BCS have taken a bit of flack, but I’m really enjoying their releases.
Oh boy, that's truly dedication! Being from (East) Germany, I have no connection to the Thunderbirds figures and I haven't seen enough of the classic Doctors to get them except Three.

Yeah, I'm tempted to wait too seeing as imo this appears to be one of their 'weaker' releases. Thats greatcoat is pretty awful. I mean look at the collar on it. lol And yes, the likeness is not all it could have been, but I'm kinda willing to overlook that as I doubt another of these will be made.
Oh hi Sue, DieAstra here from Livejournal, I can't believe it took me so long to recognize where your name sounds familiar from.

How many years has it been since you showed me the customized Captain Jack Harkness and Captain John Hart dolls someone had made and I wished to own something like this. And now I will. I also doubt we will get another chance, so it's this or nothing. But maybe there may be a second head, a smiling / smirking one perhaps, as they did with the Fourth Doctor? One never knows.

Back