Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Thirteenth Doctor pre-order is part of the new pre-order plans, so I guess we'll start hearing some details of Big Chief's expanded plans soon...ish.
the

Character Options have really shafted BCS with their mass market 13. The outfit is basic but still hangs well, and while the hair is pretty heavy looking the face sculpt is really nice - no pores, wrinkles, or any of those things but once you strip the horrible paint off the eyes there's a great likeness under there.

:exactly: Sounds intriguing although in the case of Doctor Who I'd be a tad worried about some of the 'not-so-popular' classic Doctors not being made. I myself want the full set, but yep, doing it like this could mean a load of Nu-Who related releases - still on the plus side though I'd save myself a ton of money as I pretty much have all the figures I want from the Nu-Who series!! :lol

Will be interesting to see how it is going to work.

While there are other things I'd probably buy, all I really want at this point is the remaining classic Doctors. Chances of that happening feel a little slim, now, but then I never honestly believed we'd get as many as we already have seen, so hopefully they'll continue to buck the odds. Even if it takes a few more years to do so, I'm there for each new incarnation of the Doctor that they release. And all five remaining classic era Doctors would look pretty distinctive and eye catching in their costumes on the shelf, even Troughton if they have him his big furry coat.

While there are other things I'd probably buy, all I really want at this point is the remaining classic Doctors. Chances of that happening feel a little slim, now, but then I never honestly believed we'd get as many as we already have seen, so hopefully they'll continue to buck the odds. Even if it takes a few more years to do so, I'm there for each new incarnation of the Doctor that they release. And all five remaining classic era Doctors would look pretty distinctive and eye catching in their costumes on the shelf, even Troughton if they have him his big furry coat.

:exactly: That will make for an awesome display! :rock Lets hope we get them all. Classic Doctors aside, there isn't a lot else I'd be interested in tbh as Capaldi aside (my favourite) I don't really want multiple variants of the Doctors - just their 'signature' looks. Troughton is currently my most wanted Who figure atm - so I'm keeping fingers crossed. :pray:

However if BCS were to venture back into companion territory - I could be tempted by figures of Sarah-Jane, Jamie and the Brigadier - unlikely to be made as they may be! :lol

I'm surprised they haven't done more monsters. How do we not have a Dalek and Cyberman yet? The various Masters seem like an obvious choice as well. Missy in particular would be a strong seller, I would imagine.

^ How could I forget about the Masters? :slap Yes they need to be made too and Daleks are a must.

As for Missy - whilst I admit she would make a nice looking figure, I'd probably pass as I never really took to that version of the character.

I think the Doctors have been the best sellers. The Weeping Angels haven't seemed to fly off the shelves. So I feel like Monsters might be harder. Some Cybermen would have been cool. I'd love some Masters. The Delgado Master and Missy would be my top choices. Daleks FEEL like they should be an obvious choice, but they'd be expensive to tool.

:exactly: Sounds intriguing although in the case of Doctor Who I'd be a tad worried about some of the 'not-so-popular' classic Doctors not being made. I myself want the full set, but yep, doing it like this could mean a load of Nu-Who related releases - still on the plus side though I'd save myself a ton of money as I pretty much have all the figures I want from the Nu-Who series!! :lol

Will be interesting to see how it is going to work.

As a fan of a not so popular Doctor (McCoy), that has been my worry from the start.

It's interesting. I feel like more fans know about these figures now that they previously did. Figures that took a while to sell out (4th Doctor, 1st Doctor) are now demanding higher prices. The quantities that these figures are produced in are pretty small. I think in the 300-500 range? Only some of the 10th and 11th figures were in the 1000-quantity range. So it FEELS like there's probably enough collectors out there to get those Doctors made. I hope so. I want a complete collection of Doctors so bad. Including any new ones.

With the Third Doctor as far developed as a prototype, I can’t see this figure not being produced.
And the Eighth can’t be far away surely.
This would bring the count to 9 of the 13 on screen TV Doctors.
Leaving only 4 classics to get onto the drawing board: I can’t see why we won’t have a full set, at some point.

I would be VERY surprised if BCS didn’t produce all of the Doctors.

I honestly don't know how well C. Baker or McCoy would sell. 6 really hit his stride in Big Finish. I'd imagine the market that enjoys both scaled figures and audios is fairly small. I'm not saying he doesn't have a fan base from the show, but I can imagine Big Chief feels the fire under their feet to make him either.

I'm totally surprised we're getting a McGann. Big Finish made him my favorite doctor, so I'm super excited we're getting him. Just figured he'd have been one of the last.

I honestly don't know how well C. Baker or McCoy would sell. 6 really hit his stride in Big Finish. I'd imagine the market that enjoys both scaled figures and audios is fairly small. I'm not saying he doesn't have a fan base from the show, but I can imagine Big Chief feels the fire under their feet to make him either.

I'm totally surprised we're getting a McGann. Big Finish made him my favorite doctor, so I'm super excited we're getting him. Just figured he'd have been one of the last.

I am banking on the completist compulsion of collectors to get the job done.

Honestly, if we could just get 3 and 2 I’d be happy to skip 567.

With the Third Doctor as far developed as a prototype, I can’t see this figure not being produced.
And the Eighth can’t be far away surely.
This would bring the count to 9 of the 13 on screen TV Doctors.
Leaving only 4 classics to get onto the drawing board: I can’t see why we won’t have a full set, at some point.

The existence and publicity of a prototype does not guarantee a figure will be made. Plenty of reputable companies have shown prototypes that never made it to the production line. Personally, I can’t count on Pertwee until I see it scheduled for a pre-order date.

But that said, I’m hopeful. I love what we’ve glimpsed so far. I just hope we can get a red jacket and purple/blue lined cloak!

I still think, although the Sixth Doctor is one of the more unloved Doctors, he's going to make for a REALLY striking figure on the shelf if done right. I can see that helping him.

BCS have details about Launch Pad, their new "Kickstarter"-like approach to making figures. Full details are on their site, but they do have payment plan options, and incentives to order earlier: https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/launch-pad

Seems reasonable enough on first look, it will be interesting to see how it actually works out, and if customers take to it or not.

They are playing a dangerous game making hard promises as far as release window estimates go, though.

Back