Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #1 William Hartnell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On FB thy said they're working on ultra limited versions of 2 & 3 and that nu-who sells better than classic.
So...

11 (A) - 2000
10 (A) - 1000
4 - 1000
1 - 500
2 - 500
3 - 500
11 (B) - 1000?
10 (B) - 1000?
9 - 1000?

Wha.....? Where did they say that? I desperately want a Troughton figure!

Not surprised NuWho sells better for them. It's all the fangirls who desperately have to have a doll of Tennant and Smith on their nightstand. Only those of us "old folk" who grew up with the classic series will be buying the "Grandfather" Hartnell figure.

Their community manager wrote on their facebook page that they hope to do all the docs eventually. I can't wait to see a 3rd doc

"Whilst we are committed to offering each and every regeneration of the Time Lord, the cold hard truth is that New Who outsells Classic Who. These figures are costly items to develop and manufacture, with tooling alone costing tens of thousands of pounds. As such we cannot afford to have large quantities of stock sitting in our warehouse. We are planing Commemorative Editions for the 2nd and 3rd Doctors as well. The ultra-limited edition size results in a higher price, which is unavoidable. So if you want to ensure you will snag one, sign-up today!" - BCS

"Whilst we are committed to offering each and every regeneration of the Time Lord, the cold hard truth is that New Who outsells Classic Who. These figures are costly items to develop and manufacture, with tooling alone costing tens of thousands of pounds. As such we cannot afford to have large quantities of stock sitting in our warehouse. We are planing Commemorative Editions for the 2nd and 3rd Doctors as well. The ultra-limited edition size results in a higher price, which is unavoidable. So if you want to ensure you will snag one, sign-up today!" - BCS

Thanks for quoting this. YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

As I posted elsewhere, I'd rather pay a little bit more and have the chance to get all the Doctors on my shelf one day, than pay less and be practically guaranteed to have significant gaps in the collection.

I really do hope they manage to shift all these Hartnells. After all, 500 is still a lot for a niche line of classic series Doctors, within the niche that already is Who high end collectibles (Who has never done very well on the high end collectibles market). I can see Pertwee shifting 500, the rest of the classic series Doctors, they seem less likely to do so. Still, hope I'm wrong, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see future lowering adjustments made to the total runs of other classic Doctors.

Hopefully, they'll find the happy medium of sales and edition size, and every Doctor will still be profitable enough to be worth doing, whatever their total edition size may be.

As I posted elsewhere, I'd rather pay a little bit more and have the chance to get all the Doctors on my shelf one day, than pay less and be practically guaranteed to have significant gaps in the collection.

I really do hope they manage to shift all these Hartnells. After all, 500 is still a lot for a niche line of classic series Doctors, within the niche that already is Who high end collectibles (Who has never done very well on the high end collectibles market). I can see Pertwee shifting 500, the rest of the classic series Doctors, they seem less likely to do so. Still, hope I'm wrong, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see future lowering adjustments made to the total runs of other classic Doctors.

Hopefully, they'll find the happy medium of sales and edition size, and every Doctor will still be profitable enough to be worth doing, whatever their total edition size may be.

I know its generally wrong - and daft - to buy figures as an investment, but for those who do such things, I reckon a complete set of Doctors will one day be a superb investment. Many figures in the CO Doctor Who Classics line are now going for silly money.

Well, we're talking about one of those rare properties with almost infinite legs, so even if the show goes away again one day, which I'm sure will happen eventually, I think it's one of those properties now that will always come back. So there will always be new fans coming in, and some of those fans will not just look to the present and the future, but also to the show's rich history as well.

I don't ever recommend buying any collectible with an eye towards investment, but once these are all gone Who fans tend to be such that I believe we won't see too many on the aftermarket too often, so it really is best to jump on board now. Particularly for the actual Doctors themselves.

Well, we're talking about one of those rare properties with almost infinite legs, so even if the show goes away again one day, which I'm sure will happen eventually, I think it's one of those properties now that will always come back. So there will always be new fans coming in, and some of those fans will not just look to the present and the future, but also to the show's rich history as well.

I don't ever recommend buying any collectible with an eye towards investment, but once these are all gone Who fans tend to be such that I believe we won't see too many on the aftermarket too often, so it really is best to jump on board now. Particularly for the actual Doctors themselves.

Wise words, this really is one property that's a law unto itself.

Preorder is set for July 7 @ 6 PM (UK time). That means July 7 @ 10 AM PST.

:yess:

Last edited:
Interesting about the discounts and not an additional accessory. I wish they'd show the specs already.

im sooo tempted to go with my 4, 10 and 11.

have lil to no exposure to 1st doc, tho have a dvd waiting for me at library now, so that will change soon.:clap

I don't believe there is any pay once it ships option.

Personally, I'd pay in full if the dollar exchange rate wasn't so crappy right now.

Excited it's going up! Not sure whether to pay in full now or not.

Back