Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #1 William Hartnell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And while I'm thinking of it, I'd love to see a shot with the monocle held in place over his eye...really looking forward to having this figure in hand!

At first I wasn't really planning to get this one, but after seeing that photo I'm really considering it. He really does look amazing!
I can't wait until Big Chief posts more head to toe photos!

This is looking ready to go, which makes me wonder about BC's release schedule. Sherlock and John for 'mid to late June', Angels for September, with Hartnell and a new 11 in the works, AND a new 10 promised for 'this year'... that's a lot to pack in!

Hartnell, wow. Just incredible.

Yup, this Who is looking very nice. That costume is teasing to be utterly fantastic in detail.

Love what I'm seeing so far. If this comes with his little hat and scarf I'll definitely get him.

I'm getting the feeling he doesn't. He has more accessories than what is shown, but I don't the hat and scarf are among them. But, maybe they are just holding that back? Crossing my fingers.

A hat would be done like the fourth Doctor, as a head piece. I can't see them doing that for this one. I'm happy without it, as the figure itself is looking quite elegant.

nah, there are better ways to do this hat, either soft goods or cast w/ magnets.

nah, there are better ways to do this hat, either soft goods or cast w/ magnets.

I don't know, hats are tricky. I think a hatted head would have to be retooled to look right and included as an extra head, with soft goods you're always running the risk of it looking too large and a bit shapeless. I also have to disagree with DVD1... I think a head with an astrakhan hat is ESSENTIAL for this figure along with a scarf. I would want to recreate the Doctor's first ever appearance, and the hatted head and scarf are as iconic, or more iconic than Hartnell's hatless look.

They could make the hat like the SSC Nosferatu figure's hat is made, if anyone is familiar with that one. It's a very similar kind of hat and it could work without having to go the TB hat/wig combo route.

Looks good, but I would rather see a black and white version over a faked signature edition. He may be tempting either way.

I too think a black and white version would be a better incentive than a fake signature. While figures with signatures would make the set feel complete and would be priced the same as a non-signature figure, a black and white figure would probably yield more revenue for people who are completist and a black and white figure would be worth more in the long run, imo.

Back