Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #1 William Hartnell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely review, indeed! Also, in a tweet, BCS said there was limited stock of the 1st Doctor remaining, which makes me hopeful he sold well enough that we'll see more Classic Doctors!

They're getting better with each release, it seems. Makes me really hopeful with how well the remaining docs will turn out if they do them

Just opened mine...a little bit worried as the figure & a few accessories had slipped loose & a foot had come off (thought it had snapped at first). But I was fretting over nothing. This is a superb figure & my first Doctor, this is a quality piece on level level from sculpt to the box graphic design. I'm looking forward to the Tardis, 11th & 12th figures & 4th's head. Amy Pond was a bit of a disappointment but BCS have really upped their game with this release

Mine will be here tomorrow. :yess:

Now, when is the next classic era Doctor going to show his head? :p

:exactly: This!!

They're getting better with each release, it seems. Makes me really hopeful with how well the remaining docs will turn out if they do them

They definitely are, this line is in good hands with BCS - they have done an exceptionally fantastic job with this figure. :clap :clap

Really hope we can get some more classic Doctor figures in the future though :pray:

looks great, well done BCS! :clap

those with this inhand hows the bod quality? floppy at all? wondering if they fixed that prob.

looks great, well done BCS! :clap

those with this inhand hows the bod quality? floppy at all? wondering if they fixed that prob.

No floppy body on mine, it seems to be pretty good quality. :) I am able to pose this one the way I want!

My 4th Doctor figure has the floppy body problem, which is annoying as it limits the poses I can put him in :(

No floppy body on mine, it seems to be pretty good quality. :) I am able to pose this one the way I want!

My 4th Doctor figure has the floppy body problem, which is annoying as it limits the poses I can put him in :(

thks!

yeah all mine have floppy bods(10,11 and 4) so good to hear the prob could be solved.:hi5:

Received mine this morning. Love it. The production figure appears to improve upon the prototype (as was the case with Tennant, IMO). I love the hat he comes with. It's my favorite accessory, which is weird. The "hands clutching lapels" pose is a bit difficult to achieve. Anyone have some pointers?

Received mine this morning. Love it. The production figure appears to improve upon the prototype (as was the case with Tennant, IMO). I love the hat he comes with. It's my favorite accessory, which is weird. The "hands clutching lapels" pose is a bit difficult to achieve. Anyone have some pointers?

You might have already seen it, but on the BCS Fan page on Facebook, Greggo suggested putting the grasping hands on his lapels first and then moving the arms to meet them and connect them, then pull the undershirt's sleeves out with tweezers to cover the ball joint some.

Such a great figure! I really can't get over how great it turned out. I had to spend a great deal of time retying the tie after it accidentally came out (which is my fault), but other than that he's been a total pleasure to pose and mess with. His body is very solid and tight. My glasses were broken in package, but I now BCS will take care of me. I really just don't know what look I want to go for with him. I like his more stripped down look, but with some fussing the scarf/hat look great too. Decisions, decisions! Bravo BCS! Here's to many more Doctors to come!

15777575044_01e1a4a0bf_z.jpg

15777574564_f9c910788b_z.jpg

15777574754_e8461ec811_z.jpg

16398290831_5ccdd89f4a_z.jpg

16214130737_64a0e3accb_z.jpg

16399120482_23e9cf9cb8_z.jpg

Just got a chance to open mine. His right leg is a little floppy, doesn't feel broken, just a little loose but I don't really care. I'm glad they're going back to redo Tennant and Smith because in comparison they look really poor against this one. He is fantastic. My favorite so far.

IMG_6687_1.jpg

IMG_6691.jpg

Great picture there of the First Doctor. It looks fantastic in that lighting. Really looking forward to mine arriving - actually I'll be happy just to receive an email from my dad saying he has sent it out. In two weeks we have New Years, so everything grinds to halt........................

Awesome photos everyone!! :rock :yess:

Absolutley love this figure, definitley my favourite Doctor figure so far. :rock

BUuSReD.jpg

"Would you like a jelly baby?"

Seriously impressive figure. A big improvement over Tom in every way. If they maintain this quality over the rest of the range I'll be very happy indeed. Bring on the next Doctor!

Slight delay for me. Turns out my dad didn't follow the instructions in the email.
Figure was fully paid, but he had to pay the postage. This has now been done, and the figure should be with him in a couple of days, then 10 days later, to me.

Keep photos coming guys, as they are great.

Back