Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember when Forbidden Planet sent out e-mails about the cancellation of the Dynamix 10th Doctor figure? Well I just got a similar e-mail for the 1/6 scale Amy figure. I wonder if BCS and FP are at odds for some reason.

According to Big Chief Studios' Facebook page, Amy will be arriving at their warehouse this week, which is when payment requests will also commence. It'll be interesting to see how this figure turns out. At least they'll finally be able to move on.

Moving on is probably as important as actually making any profit on this thing. I really doubt they are making anything on Amy at this point, considering all the r&d, the qc, the cs, and the bs they had to perform with this one.

Moving on is probably as important as actually making any profit on this thing. I really doubt they are making anything on Amy at this point, considering all the r&d, the qc, the cs, and the bs they had to perform with this one.
They will probably take a loss on her.

How can they start to charge when they haven't shown the final product?
They haven't shown a hint of the back up head either.

How can they start to charge when they haven't shown the final product?
They haven't shown a hint of the back up head either.

BCS showed the final product weeks ago. That's what everybody was up in arms about.

We haven't actually seen this sculpted hair sculpt they threw in just to appease everyone who wasn't pleased with the final product yet, have they? And BCS would have helped their cause if they had posted professionally lighted photos instead of the crappy looking iphone pics from the factory. I think they realized they shot themselves in the foot over those. In any case, not seeing any decent photos of the final product before shipping smacks of Sideshow's normal BS.

I got this.

Order #: 2224

Product Quantity Price
Subtotal: £141.66 (ex. VAT)
Shipping: £12.50 via
Discount: £25
Tax: £28.33i
Total: £157.49 - via Paypal_pro
Amy Pond Signature Edition
1 £141.66 (ex. VAT)

But, I get this

Checkout → Pay
Your order has already been paid for. Please contact us if you need assistance.

I have only paid the deposit!

Anyone else get anything?

I got the same message.

I got this.

Order #: 2224

Product Quantity Price
Subtotal: £141.66 (ex. VAT)
Shipping: £12.50 via
Discount: £25
Tax: £28.33i
Total: £157.49 - via Paypal_pro
Amy Pond Signature Edition
1 £141.66 (ex. VAT)

But, I get this

Checkout → Pay
Your order has already been paid for. Please contact us if you need assistance.

I have only paid the deposit!

Anyone else get anything?

I think the link they have given is to the deposit.

The email does suggest the figure is good to go. However, it is still preordere on their website.

The site's been broken for a while though. I mean, apparently, I have no orders with them at the minute.
Can't pay for Amy. -_-

Same boat here, payment can't be sent. Not that it matters, I'm still going to wait for an updated shot before bc gets a final payment. Considering all we've waited for, and the amount of time they've had my deposit, it's the least they can do.

Jesus, you'd think they would fix their website issues first before billing for Amy. There will probably be a lot of cancellations just because people couldn't submit payment. Way to go BCS! :slap

If they think I'll buy the thing without the updated photos, they're crazy. The only chance I might still buy Amy is if they put up the new photos and they are significantly better than the previous batch,

I can't believe they still haven't fixed their website. I mean I want to cut them every bit of slack I can, but at this stage it just seems unprofessional, and is a very bad look for the company.

And I haven't gotten an email at all. Not that I mind all that much, right at this particular moment.

I got an invoice. They want me to pay for the figure, but there are still no photos up. This isn't how it works.

I contacted them and asked how I could pay, if the option do so says I've already paid.
I was to get a PayPal remittance by return, but so far... Nothing.

After all this time, ah, over a year, BCS need to be getting some cash in the bank.

Back