Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably best not to. Not really the sort if thing one should ask a lady.

But yeah, that costume rides a little high, giving her a serious call girl look.

Oh, I was totally sold. I almost bought it for $150. LOL. But, I actually thought the new head looked pretty good. I'll just probably ditch the jacket. I tried to see if there might be a nice Amy-ish looking alternative jacket out there, but the options seem sort of limited for 1/6 female figures.

I saw this bumped and was hoping the sculpted head started hitting. I really want to want this figure simply because my wife and I were huge Rory and Amy fans but the first figure out the box just isn't doing it. If I found a great deal then maybe...but I want a signature.

I got Amy Pond! I threw caution to the wind, because Things From Another World had her for $119. I figured at that price, with the new head sculpt coming soon, I'd take the plunge. The Time of the Doctor helped convince me. :) Used the code NEWS and got free shipping too.

https://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Doctor-Who-Amy-Pond-1-6-Scale-Figure___407391

Okay. You did it. $119 shipped, you got me to bite. That's about HALF the price Big Chief would have charged me.

I don't think the figure is worth even $119, but they did such a good job on the 3 doctors that I'll be a completest and grab her for that price.

So, places are dropping these to half price to sell em :lol

I wonder how BC will shift em. Maybe the Amy can come as an accessory with the next 11 th Doctor release.

One of the things I never loved about this figure was the outfit. I really loved her look in "Vincent and the Doctor" and was happy to track down what I THINK will be a decent representation of it! The color of the top may be off (and I'm hoping it'll be a simple snip of a thread to get rid of the cinching) and I'm not sure the coat is QUITE long enough. But I think it'll be good for my needs!

11613364104_d8ac512f3d_z.jpg

I'll post pics when I get her all assembled, but I bet it'll be a few weeks.

One of the things I never loved about this figure was the outfit. I really loved her look in "Vincent and the Doctor" and was happy to track down what I THINK will be a decent representation of it! The color of the top may be off (and I'm hoping it'll be a simple snip of a thread to get rid of the cinching) and I'm not sure the coat is QUITE long enough. But I think it'll be good for my needs!

11613364104_d8ac512f3d_z.jpg

I'll post pics when I get her all assembled, but I bet it'll be a few weeks.

I think that will work out very well, please posts pics of her when you complete her costume. What's the best site to look for 1/6th female clothing??? I'd like to find pieces to make Pirate Amy. :)

I definitely will post the complete look! I don't really know any particularly great site. Usually I just end up going through Ebay and Google IMage search, to be honest, and hope to come up with something!

There is a site called StoreRooms that had some decent stuff when I was looking for an outfit for Tony Stark. But, there's less out there then I'd have thought, to be honest:https://www.store-rooms.com/BrowseCategory.aspx?cid=3

Etsy might be a decent source, too.

I definitely will post the complete look! I don't really know any particularly great site. Usually I just end up going through Ebay and Google IMage search, to be honest, and hope to come up with something!

There is a site called StoreRooms that had some decent stuff when I was looking for an outfit for Tony Stark. But, there's less out there then I'd have thought, to be honest:https://www.store-rooms.com/BrowseCategory.aspx?cid=3

Etsy might be a decent source, too.

Great, thanks for tips Jon. :hi5:

Hmmmmm...... Starts looking for "Policewoman kissagram outfit" online........

wife reads over shoulder.

Busted.

Hmmmmm...... Starts looking for "Policewoman kissagram outfit" online........

wife reads over shoulder.

Busted.

There were those figures from The Bill released a few years back (my eldest daughter has one somewhere) you may be able to adapt those old outfits.

Back