Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We couldn't do much worse, BCS has a 100% success rate on delayed products. That's pretty hard to do.

You don't remember the early days of Sideshow? Some of there stuff was a looooonnnnng time after the announced release date. Their Ash figure was at least six months to a year after the date they quoted. This was the average for them. Understand, it's the nature of the beast, and it took Sideshow and Hot Toys a long time to deliver things when they say they will.

It happens with new companies, they will get better at estimates. Remember, they are at the mercy of the manufacturer, whom doesn't care what the release date is supposed to be.

You don't remember the early days of Sideshow? Some of there stuff was a looooonnnnng time after the announced release date. Their Ash figure was at least six months to a year after the date they quoted. This was the average for them. Understand, it's the nature of the beast, and it took Sideshow and Hot Toys a long time to deliver things when they say they will.

It happens with new companies, they will get better at estimates. Remember, they are at the mercy of the manufacturer, whom doesn't care what the release date is supposed to be.

As someone said earlier, they are no longer new...can't lean on that crutch forever.

Ok we need to get something much straighter here than it is at the moment.

Nobody has paid for this alternative head. Nobody. Not one single person. So you all need to get that self-entitled idea out of your heads right away. It's very easy.

Nobody paid for the Amy figure until the Amy head was promised. It was a part of the deal, offered to limit cancellations. It is not a bonus. It's a sweetener added to try and make up for a far below par headsculpt. Everyone who paid for an Amy paid for the heads.

Ok we need to get something much straighter here than it is at the moment.

Nobody has paid for this alternative head. Nobody. Not one single person. So you all need to get that self-entitled idea out of your heads right away. It's very easy.

As far as BCS goes, the Amy figure is done, dusted, finished and a completed item. You got a figure with two legs, two arms, a body and a head with rooted hair, clothes and accessories in a presentation box. If you wanted the Sig Ed you even got the lady's autograph included. You made your choice and you bought it, you paid for it and you either liked it or you did not. You're free to have your opinions on that.

See? Finished. Simple. As.

So therefore, anything, ANYTHING else is a bonus, something that BCS absolutely did not need to actually do, a gesture of goodwill, something done above and beyond the call, a bonus item, an additional extra...you get the idea? It matters not a fig when it was offered and it matter not a jot what dates have been mention have arrive or have gone by. On an already completed figure, this is something that BCS could have just ignored and allowed to fizzle out. Which believe-you-me would have happened very quickly...there is always a new sensation just down the line to grab the attention.

But they did not. They took it upon themselves to produce an alternative HS with sculpted hair. Once again...they could have just as easily and justifiably done absolutely nothing.

And yet, somehow this bizarre idea is being put forward, that how the heads are not being sent out just yet is now some sort of major problem? That sending out their prima facie product...Dr Who figures...first is somehow the wrong thing to do...Wait, what? How? Why? I can guarantee if BCS has suddenly decided to put shipping their main line products out (ie #10 Reg and Sig and #4 Reg and Sig) on the back burner, in favour of fulfilling the 'alternate head' orders, there would be an uproar. Mainly from the people who - quite rightly - would like their Doctor figures before Christmas, and thanks to BCS's sterling efforts this is actually happening. They have bent over backwards to make this work. They should be thanked and applauded for their correctly prioritised efforts, and not derided.

But there would also be an uproar of protest and a good helping of self serving, grandiose showboating from probably the exact same voices, complaining about not having the Amy heads in hand. Probably.

oh wait...yep, that's exactly what has happened. Some people just do not seem to recognise when they are having it good.

The only problem there is is that they've stuck a date to it. No need to look into it further and make pointless arguments (goes for all of you). It's not entitlement or pompousness. It's them giving us a date and not keeping true with it. They should've just said "we're working on it" and only announce it when it's ready to ship. They even made a promotion saying "buy it now and get the head for free". They used the August date to advertise, and that's where my problem is.

1014288_10152410108301002_1539180710_n.jpg

This is pretty much the definition of 'a picture is worth a thousand words'

:lol

The only problem there is is that they've stuck a date to it. No need to look into it further and make pointless arguments (goes for all of you). It's not entitlement or pompousness. It's them giving us a date and not keeping true with it. They should've just said "we're working on it" and only announce it when it's ready to ship. They even made a promotion saying "buy it now and get the head for free". They used the August date to advertise, and that's where my problem is.

1014288_10152410108301002_1539180710_n.jpg

Yes, right...and that is exactly what you will get if you bought an Amy figure. So you point is....?

Am I only the only person that sees the words "...estimated to ship.." Do you now think that you are not going to get it? No, didn't think so. So then in truth, no promises have actually been broken. Like I said.

Simple. As.

And for the record, I did not call anyone pompous, rather I was the one that was called pompous, not that it bothered me any.

Yes, I did. And I stand by my first instinct and reaction, but I deleted it immediately so as not to start a fight, and because, frankly, it was a comment that was beneath me, and I should never have posted. Given that I deleted it within seconds of actually posting it, nice job at hovering and catching it as soon as it was posted though. Gave you a perfect opportunity to spin your post and play the 'level headed victim' card though, didn't it? You can thank me later. :)

:rotfl Seriously? Check your own time line my friend. Around 6:30 for the original post and 6:50 for the edit. That post notification was sitting in my email inbox for a whole quarter of an hour before I even noticed it, because I was off posting on other threads! Hovering indeed :rotfl I wouldn't flatter yourself, it did not bother me :lol

You also seem to be conveniently ignoring the fact that it never should have been a one or the other proposition, which is what you are turning this into, as the replacement heads were announced as going to be sent out in August, a date THEY CHOSE AND ANNOUNCED. So that is four months during which time they could have been sent out, or made ready to be sent out with people's other orders, but weren't. But how dare people now start to show, all these months later, even a modicum of impatience? What absolute bastards! Everyone should just shut up and wait for their Terry Walsh as The Fourth Doctor's stunt double figure to arrive instead... :p

Reel it in a little, I am ignoring nothing at all as it is not about being either one or the other, and it never has been. Let me make it clear...You are going to get it. It really is as simple as that. The August that you are latching onto was ESTIMATED. It said it there, right in the middle of the e-flier, shown above. Even though it has not arrived yet, all the people that have ordered becasue of it (and provided the required confirmation of such) will indeed still be getting it. Obviously not in August now, and obviously not as a part of their tremendous WHO FIGURE PUSH they are currently pursuing, due to the negotiated postal/delivery/carrier package they'd worked out. But they are there and set to go. The alternate heads will come.

EDIT - I've said more than enough on the whole subject, so I'm bowing out of the discussion and the thread. It takes two to argue, and I'm certainly pulling my weight in that regard at this point, and so the easiest thing for everyone is that I just go away as I really don't like being that guy. Feel free to have your digs if you feel the need to, no harm, no foul, and no recourse, I don't care who gets the 'final word', and there's no 'winning' when it comes to opinions, despite what some seem to think. But it's really not worth all this bother, too much of which I have now contributed to myself, so I'm done. Later folks.

My word! For not wanting to have the final word, you spent a whole paragraph trying unsuccessfully to do just that! :lol Oh and this conversation was just starting to get interesting too. But as you say, Nope no real or malicious digs either. Like I said before, it's your opinion to which you are perfectly and legally allowed. I don't agree but there we stand.

In truth and jokes aside, it really is actually a shame that you have chosen to bow out because you make your points very clearly and this conversation has been very engaging. I don't see it as an argument that either of us has won or lost, simply an enlivened conversation between people that enjoy thought provoking talk.

People seem to be aproaching the whole discusion from the wrong angle if you ask me, treating it as an either/or situation, that is to say the company can either send 4 & 10 out or the Amy head , my argument would be why could they not simply send everything at the same time?

Whatever systems BCS have in operation to recieve process and dispatch thier product needs to be looked at, I mean my product was bought and paid for (including Shipping) 16 days ago, the product was in stock but I have to wait 16 days for it to be posted to me, what company does busness like that?

Now of course there is the argument that they are short staffed but thats not much of an excuse really, they knew when stock was arriving, knew who had paid etc so surely could have got a couple of odd jobbers to stick lables on boxes....no?

I don't mean to slate BCS, having some experience of running a small business myself I do understand the sort of things that can crop up however a lot of the problems they have are avoidable and they have not done themselves any favors in the pr department in the past

On a side note I also think Pondgate will not go away even after people get the new heads and would never have 'just fizzled out' even if it had been ignored that sort of thing never does.

They used the Pond head as a slick selling device and added a date of availability. People who want to return now can't, and they have no recourse via PayPal either because the 45 day limit to file a claim is long past. They got us.

Last edited:
They used the Pond head as a slick selling device and added a date of availability. People who want to return now can't, and they have no recourse via PayPal either because the 45 day limit to file a claim is long past. They got us.

:slap Oh please!

They got us? Seriously? Who exactly is us may I ask? Did you personally order the figure, or do you know anyone that ordered the figure based solely on the vagueness of ''...estimated to ship Late August''? Because if you did then no problem as you will indeed get the alternate head. How is that even close to being 'got'?

Besides which, ''Estimated to ship late August''...What sort of date is that? I'll tell you...it's not a date at all, nor is it a promise of any kind.

What it really says is..."If you buy this you will receive an alternative head sculpt, which should be available from late August onwards." and that's all it says.

And nothing more.

I am now going to step away from this myself, because this has reached the level of potentially dangerous nonsense. Honestly Underworld54, you do very much need to rethink your paragraph...your tone and the way you are throwing things about (in this context) ''slick selling device'' and ''they got us'' and the like, well....it could easily be seen as tantamount to libel.

I even bother if I were you DGTW. Some people are determined to find and exploit the worst in any situation and no amount of logic nor reason can dissuade them. :lecture

How is it libel if people feel baboozled??? They have had the heads for about a week now, there can't be 1000's of requests for the replacement heads, just ship them out.

I'm getting used to the hat these days.
In reality, and cynical joking aside I'll accept the new head when it comes . I'm in no urgent hurry.

2hxptt5.jpg

:rotfl Seriously? Check your own time line my friend. Around 6:30 for the original post and 6:50 for the edit. That post notification was sitting in my email inbox for a whole quarter of an hour before I even noticed it, because I was off posting on other threads! Hovering indeed :rotfl I wouldn't flatter yourself, it did not bother me :lol

I edited my post more than once, the edit time only reflects the very last edit I made. As I said before, I edited my original post immediately, and I edited it again later when I saw I had made a spelling error in my altered post.

I wasn't going to post in the thread any more, and I still won't, but I had to come in and make that clear seeing as how you were trying to make a liar out of me. And that is all I'll say on the matter, because I find you exceptionally unpleasant to be around, and so it's just not worth the effort.

EDIT - On retrospect I wasn't exactly being pleasant to be around either, and I deeply regret those particular comments immensely. Sometimes when you feel like you are fighting just for the right to state your opinion and not have it demeaned or ridiculed you lose yourself and start becoming the very thing you are complaining about, as I did in this instance. It takes two to argue, but for my part I'm sorry. :(

Last edited:
Back