Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright. I got Amy today. I had low low low expectations after seeing all of the pictures online. I bought her for half-price ($119 shipped from Things From Another World. Matt Smith cost me about $240 after shipping and exchange rate.)

My first impression was actually that she didn't look quite as bad in person.
My second impression was that it was very difficult to pull her skirt down far enough so that it actually covered her crotch!

The jacket isn't quite as bad as I expected. The hair seems better when obscured than out loose. The face is blank, doll-like and clearly inferior to CO's Martha Jones. Her body feels loose. She needs the stand. I do not consider her to be a superior figure to CO's Martha Jones, which I bought for $20 not that many years ago.

I was a little bummed to not have the extra accessories which came with buying her direct from BC, but not bummed enough to want to spend an extra $121! (btw, anyone want to sell the extras for a reasonable price? PM me.)

I like the base. The boots are fine. Her knees look really weird through the stockings. I have trouble getting her Velcro hidden under her shirt. The jacket isn't terrible, but isn't great either.

I'm glad I bought her at $119, which is good. I had convinced myself I would regret the purchase, but I do not. But $240 for this level of quality would be a joke.

I got the Dr. Who Blu-Ray boxset for Christmas and I just finished watching seasons 1-4.5 and I'm a few episodes into re-watching the Amy Pond episodes. I'm glad to have her here in time.

Amy Pond 1.jpg

Amy Pond 2.jpg

Amy Pond 3.jpg

Last edited:
Very good and fair review Niceman. She's not the best figure but since I love her character I just had to own her. She'll look better with the new head I'm sure. Speaking of which, did you apply for the replacement head yet?

Yes, when I wrote to BC to inquire about the bubbles in my Key To Time, I mentioned that I was getting an Amy from a US distributor, and Mark was quick to tell me he had added me to the list.

I was attempting to be both honest and fair in my review. I'm behind Big Chief. I want them to succeed, but I don't believe using kid gloves is the way to help anyone improve.

Last edited:
I think your comments are fair. I'm excited to get the replacement head. I think she'll look much better. I struggled to do something with her hair, and I untied the section that's tied up and held to the side. I think that actually helped a lot.

I also got the last piece of clothing to change her into something approximating her Vincent and the Doctor outfit. I really like it! The coat isn't long enough, but the color is really close. I'm happy with it, although I thought the jacket she came with turned out much better than I thought it'd be.

One sad thing, though. My wrist peg broke ( a first for me!) and was horrified to discover no extra pegs are included! Eeek. I wrote to BCS in the hopes they might be able to throw in some with my Amy head. I'm not totally sure how to get the broken piece of peg out. A dremmel might work. I don't have one, but it might do it.

1502291_10103299552577000_171018448_o.jpg

I think your comments are fair. I'm excited to get the replacement head. I think she'll look much better. I struggled to do something with her hair, and I untied the section that's tied up and held to the side. I think that actually helped a lot.

I also got the last piece of clothing to change her into something approximating her Vincent and the Doctor outfit. I really like it! The coat isn't long enough, but the color is really close. I'm happy with it, although I thought the jacket she came with turned out much better than I thought it'd be.

One sad thing, though. My wrist peg broke ( a first for me!) and was horrified to discover no extra pegs are included! Eeek. I wrote to BCS in the hopes they might be able to throw in some with my Amy head. I'm not totally sure how to get the broken piece of peg out. A dremmel might work. I don't have one, but it might do it.

1502291_10103299552577000_171018448_o.jpg

Love the outfit on her Jon, looks great. :hi5:

I'm getting really impatient and annoyed now. The people who are waiting for their Amy heads were supposed to be priorities when BCS got back from break on the 4th...we've heard nothing!

No Amy heads have gone out yet and BCS said they "hope" to get them out during Chinese New Year. :slap

U54, are getting replacements for all your Amy heads or just one?

I should be getting one for each doll, I put in receipts for three. I would like to dress all three in my favorite Pond outfits. Problem is, I only have two Eleventh Doctor figures. :dunno

Sorry to go off topic but any shipping news on your doctor? Mine still says processing and no word from bcs

Sorry for the lack of reply but I had nothing from BCS until after he arrived, the email apologized and said he was delivered. He came signature required from FedEx.

Very excited the process is starting! Someone posted a pic of one they got at the 50th Con and I thought it looked really fantastic! :D

Back