Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reply I got was that Amy alternate portrait will be available in the new year.

That's complete crap if you ask me. Yeah, let's tell them the head will be available in August and make them wait for 6 months. :gah: Way to avoid mass cancellations BCS. :nana:

Steady boys and girls.

That's complete crap if you ask me...

...is somewhat of an overreaction wouldn't you say? It seems to be when this was on their FB page just a couple of days ago..

Big Chief Studios Limited: Just be patient a little while longer. We are prioritising shipments of both the 10th and 4th Doctors. We are aware that customers are awaiting these replacement heads, but sadly timing has meant that these will have to wait for now at least. We have added all customers who have sent us proof of purchase for an Amy Pond figure to a list and we will be in touch soon. Thanks BCS

Which prompts the question once again...What exactly do folks want around here? There are people that have completed on their #10 and #4 orders and expect them before the holidays. BCS have said that this is what they will do. But if it is not 'all hands to the pumps' to get them there....how exactly was that supposed to happen?

And so they have set on a course whereby that is exactly what is happening, and I personally am glad about it. It means that my #10 SE is now here in my hands before the madness ensues, and my #4 SE will arrive after the madness has passed. And also my Amy alternative head in the new year...and let's face it, that's only 17 days away.

Does the Amy head situation need addressing? Of course it does. They know this and they are on it. But what BCS are doing at this precise moment is satisfying as many customers as they can, as quickly as possible, by sending out MAJOR PRODUCT items, which in some cases may even be Christmas presents.

Steady boys and girls.

...is somewhat of an overreaction wouldn't you say? It seems to be when this was on their FB page just a couple of days ago..

Which prompts the question once again...What exactly do folks want around here? There are people that have completed on their #10 and #4 orders and expect them before the holidays. BCS have said that this is what they will do. But if it is not 'all hands to the pumps' to get them there....how exactly was that supposed to happen?

And so they have set on a course whereby that is exactly what is happening, and I personally am glad about it. It means that my #10 SE is now here in my hands before the madness ensues, and my #4 SE will arrive after the madness has passed. And also my Amy alternative head in the new year...and let's face it, that's only 17 days away.

Does the Amy head situation need addressing? Of course it does. They know this and they are on it. But what BCS are doing at this precise moment is satisfying as many customers as they can, as quickly as possible, by sending out MAJOR PRODUCT items, which in some cases may even be Christmas presents.

Right because they already got our money for Amy, why rush getting us our replacement heads, right??? To some this is as important to us as 10 and 4 is to others. Maybe Amy was a gift also for some people during the year and they've been wanting the new head oh so bad. Just get us our heads so we can be as happy as others during Christmas.

The new Pond head was a goodwill gesture on Big Chief's part. They can't stop running their business to post out all of these heads that they aren't making money on.

Give them a break, have a little patience and you'll get it when it comes.
If you really want a new head that desperately for it, the customs forums will sort you out. If not...chill.

Steady boys and girls.

Yeah, they've already been paid for those Amy's and they promised to deliver the heads in August when they were paid. It's one thing to delay a product we haven't paid for, but one that HAS been paid for? That should never be acceptable.

I do appreciate their trying to finally get 10 and 4 out after all of this time, but make no mistake, getting them here before the end of the year is more important to them financially than it is to the eager collectors. With the replacement Amy head, 10, & 4 they've taken care of their own needs with the timing.

The new Pond head was a goodwill gesture on Big Chief's part. They can't stop running their business to post out all of these heads that they aren't making money on.

If you really want a new head that desperately for it, the customs forums will sort you out. If not...chill.

It was promised in order to limit cancellations on Amy. It was promised BEFORE they were paid. It's not a goodwill gesture. It was a plea to not ruin them by abandoning their second figure. Breaking the promises on delivering the head is pretty bad IMO.

Glad I didn't bite.

I'd probably get the custom head quicker. I keep hearing this goodwill comment, if they didn't do something most people would have cancelled. Just look back at the comments on Facebook. They did it mainly to avoid cancellations and returns.

Yeah, they've already been paid for those Amy's and they promised to deliver the heads in August when they were paid. It's one thing to delay a product we haven't paid for, but one that HAS been paid for? That should never be acceptable.

I do appreciate their trying to finally get 10 and 4 out after all of this time, but make no mistake, getting them here before the end of the year is more important to them financially than it is to the eager collectors. With the replacement Amy head, 10, & 4 they've taken care of their own needs with the timing.

:lecture :exactly:

Have 'a little patience'?

Come on now, this was promised to be delivered months ago. And no one forced that date out of them, they volunteered it, so for them to miss it by so much, and for these still not to have been sent, well, that reflects very poorly on Big Chief in my opinion. And I think those people who have already waited so long, and who have been patient for months now, after buying a figure on faith that frankly turned out to be nowhere near worth the amount of money that it cost to purchase, are more than entitled to be a little irritated at this point.

I'm also glad that I passed on Amy, but those who did buy her and kept their orders due to the promise of the second head sculpt are fully entitled to their complaints. And the 'too busy with current figures' excuse doesn't really wash in my opinion, as for as long as the company runs there are always going to be various figures in various stages of production. I mean what's next? Expected to wait until the regular orders of Ten and Four are all done? And then have to wait until after the Sherlock figures perhaps? Where does it all end?

These should have been sent already, that they haven't been, and that some folks are starting to get rather annoyed by the whole thing, all that lands on Big Chief's doorstep in my opinion.

Teething problems are one thing, but such excuses can only take you so far. Big Chief started up way back in the middle of 2011, they can't keep pulling out the 'give us a break, we're only just starting out' sympathy card any longer. Not after two and a half years at this. They really need to get their ducks in a row, or else I don't see a very bright future for them. And as someone who would like to see them be successful, and continue to make products, believe me, that isn't said out of any sense of malice on my part. But instead legitimate worry that they always seem to be teetering on the edge of customer alienation with various decisions and issues, and that is never a good place to be.

I don't have a problem with getting it in 2014. I have a problem with being told we'd have them in August and then recieving them in 2014. Had they said 2014 from the start I wouldn't have a problem. They have these in hand. They could've checked who wanted one during the accepting final payments for Baker and Tennant and just charged the shipping for the head then and send it with the figures. They had time to sort the Dynamix on top of the figures, so why not the head?

They posted a news item on their site titled "Amy Pond Alternate Portrait COMING SOON" on June 13th and said "Anticipated availability will be late August 2013." We're almost 2014 now.

Ok we need to get something much straighter here than it is at the moment.

Nobody has paid for this alternative head. Nobody. Not one single person. So you all need to get that self-entitled idea out of your heads right away. It's very easy.

As far as BCS goes, the Amy figure is done, dusted, finished and a completed item. You got a figure with two legs, two arms, a body and a head with rooted hair, clothes and accessories in a presentation box. If you wanted the Sig Ed you even got the lady's autograph included. You made your choice and you bought it, you paid for it and you either liked it or you did not. You're free to have your opinions on that.

See? Finished. Simple. As.

So therefore, anything, ANYTHING else is a bonus, something that BCS absolutely did not need to actually do, a gesture of goodwill, something done above and beyond the call, a bonus item, an additional extra...you get the idea? It matters not a fig when it was offered and it matter not a jot what dates have been mention have arrive or have gone by. On an already completed figure, this is something that BCS could have just ignored and allowed to fizzle out. Which believe-you-me would have happened very quickly...there is always a new sensation just down the line to grab the attention.

But they did not. They took it upon themselves to produce an alternative HS with sculpted hair. Once again...they could have just as easily and justifiably done absolutely nothing.

And yet, somehow this bizarre idea is being put forward, that how the heads are not being sent out just yet is now some sort of major problem? That sending out their prima facie product...Dr Who figures...first is somehow the wrong thing to do...Wait, what? How? Why? I can guarantee if BCS has suddenly decided to put shipping their main line products out (ie #10 Reg and Sig and #4 Reg and Sig) on the back burner, in favour of fulfilling the 'alternate head' orders, there would be an uproar. Mainly from the people who - quite rightly - would like their Doctor figures before Christmas, and thanks to BCS's sterling efforts this is actually happening. They have bent over backwards to make this work. They should be thanked and applauded for their correctly prioritised efforts, and not derided.

But there would also be an uproar of protest and a good helping of self serving, grandiose showboating from probably the exact same voices, complaining about not having the Amy heads in hand. Probably.

oh wait...yep, that's exactly what has happened. Some people just do not seem to recognise when they are having it good.

Edit - What's the point? Some people will defend anything, while stating that everything is the people who supported the company with their hard earned money's fault. I mean how dare they not be happy about broken promises or mediocre product? Everyone should clearly just continue to pay above Hot Toys level prices and then just shut up and accept whatever happens afterwards... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, in all fairness, if at work I was promised a bonus and ended up not getting it, I'd be pretty upset. I see this as the same thing. We invested money in this, despite it being quite a bad product and being promised they'd improve it with an alternate head. That's the reason I kept my PO. If they said they'd fix it, I'd like them to actually do it. Had they not promised an extra sculpt, then fine, if we got one that'd be amazing. But now they're promising but not actually providing it when they said they would.

Edit - What's the point? Some people will defend anything, while stating that everything is the people who supported the company with their hard earned money's fault. How dare they not be happy about broken promises, everyone should clearly just pay above high toys level prices and then just shut up and accept whatever happens afterwards... :rolleyes:

Did you mean...

What a load of pompous horse****.

...?

'Defending anything' does not come into it at all. I'm calling it as I see it. I certainly did not defend the Amy figure in any amazing way. Don't take my word for it, look for the review. Hardly a shining report. Nor did I say it was the people that had 'supported the company with their hard earned money' being at fault. Hardly, as I would have to include myself in that number. But still...Don't feel you need to change you initial response on my account. It's an honest reply. I don't agree with it, in fact I think it's flat out wrong.

Clearly so, because there's that air of entitlement creeping in yet again. No one has been promised anything. We were told a date, it didn't work out. Then it happened again and that did not pan out either.

Things happened that got in the way.

Do I want my Amy alternat sculpted hair head? Of course I do, but I darned well wanted my Sig Ed #10 first, purely and simply becasue I can recognise that this is the more important piece of merchandise to ship out, than a freeby extra that really is a nice gift to buyers.

Are you seriously saying then that you'd have preferred to get your 'Amy replacement head' before your #4 or #10 figures...? Because I'd find that very hard to believe.

Still, If you think that this desire to get my main figures ahead of the freeby extras makes me pompous, then I guess that you'll just have to paint me pompous! :dunno

The only problem there is is that they've stuck a date to it. No need to look into it further and make pointless arguments (goes for all of you). It's not entitlement or pompousness. It's them giving us a date and not keeping true with it. They should've just said "we're working on it" and only announce it when it's ready to ship. They even made a promotion saying "buy it now and get the head for free". They used the August date to advertise, and that's where my problem is.

1014288_10152410108301002_1539180710_n.jpg

Yes, I did. And I stand by my first instinct and reaction, but I deleted it immediately so as not to start a fight, and because, frankly, it was a comment that was beneath me, and I should never have posted. Given that I deleted it within seconds of actually posting it, nice job at hovering and catching it as soon as it was posted though. Gave you a perfect opportunity to spin your post and play the 'level headed victim' card though, didn't it? You can thank me later. :)

You also seem to be conveniently ignoring the fact that it never should have been a one or the other proposition, which is what you are turning this into, as the replacement heads were announced as going to be sent out in August, a date THEY CHOSE AND ANNOUNCED. So that is four months during which time they could have been sent out, or made ready to be sent out with people's other orders, but weren't. But how dare people now start to show, all these months later, even a modicum of impatience? What absolute bastards! Everyone should just shut up and wait for their Terry Walsh as The Fourth Doctor's stunt double figure to arrive instead... :p

EDIT - I've said more than enough on the whole subject, so I'm bowing out of the discussion and the thread. It takes two to argue, and I'm certainly pulling my weight in that regard at this point, and so the easiest thing for everyone is that I just go away as I really don't like being that guy. Feel free to have your digs if you feel the need to, no harm, no foul, and no recourse, I don't care who gets the 'final word', and there's no 'winning' when it comes to opinions, despite what some seem to think. But it's really not worth all this bother, too much of which I have now contributed to myself, so I'm done. Later folks.

Last edited:
Having it good? What is good about having to wait months extra for every product this company has made so far??? Oh and yes! BCS had to make an alternative head available or they would have been boned by the loss of revenue on Amy. They already said they lost their shirts on Amy, what if they also had to take on all those returns and offer refunds? People need to stop saying they did it for us because they were able to mitigate losses because of the alternate head. This is the most stressful company I've ever had to deal with, they can't make one single deadline...not one!!!

Having it good? What is good about having to wait months extra for every product this company has made so far??? Oh and yes! BCS had to make an alternative head available or they would have been boned by the loss of revenue on Amy. They already said they lost their shirts on Amy, what if they also had to take on all those returns and offer refunds? People need to stop saying they did it for us because they were able to mitigate losses because of the alternate head. This is the most stressful company I've ever had to deal with, they can't make one single deadline...not one!!!

It's good because more people would have been pissed off had shipping 4 and 10 taken a back seat to making sure Amy's head posted out.

Thank god some of you guys don't run any toy company. It would fail spectacularly and piss far more people off than BCS on their worst day. :lol

It's good because more people would have been pissed off had shipping 4 and 10 taken a back seat to making sure Amy's head posted out.

Thank god some of you guys don't run any toy company. It would fail spectacularly and piss far more people off than BCS on their worst day. :lol
We couldn't do much worse, BCS has a 100% success rate on delayed products. That's pretty hard to do.

Also, the customers who purchased Amy no longer have any recourse. The return period is over and people are past their 45 days for a PayPal claim. I'm sure BCS knew all of this would unfold when they gave the bogus August arrival date for the new Amy head. Well done BCS, you fooled us and now have us by the *****. :clap

Last edited:
Back