Statue Big Chap Alien Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caved and ordered this using a small discount. Hopefully it arrives with no issues. I don't have any high-end Alien pieces in my collection, so hopefully this will tide me over until Sideshow makes an Alien LSB. I'm afraid I may not like it because of the smaller scale (I just couldn't swing the Alien maquette), but I'll give it a-go.

I caved and ordered this using a small discount. Hopefully it arrives with no issues. I don't have any high-end Alien pieces in my collection, so hopefully this will tide me over until Sideshow makes an Alien LSB. I'm afraid I may not like it because of the smaller scale (I just couldn't swing the Alien maquette), but I'll give it a-go.

If you can look past the small scale you'll notice it's very well done and nicely detailed for a 1/5 scale piece. I was impressed with it.

My wife got this for me as a Christmas gift. Had to "inspect" it. :D Very nice piece as Master said. Can't open it until X-Mas though. Getting the Aliens one next week as a companion piece.

It arrived today, broken along the dome above the mouth. Is the dome supposed to be fixed to the head? If not then that has come loose and easily comes off. Disappointed. After Sideshow reopens, I'm just going to request a refund and not even mess with an exchange.

It arrived today, broken along the dome above the mouth. Is the dome supposed to be fixed to the head? If not then that has come loose and easily comes off. Disappointed. After Sideshow reopens, I'm just going to request a refund and not even mess with an exchange.

That's too bad. :lecture Way too many pieces arriving to customers lately broken or with QC issues. :dunno

I don't remember this being a common issue. You should definitely ask for a replacement.

Does anyone have this statue and some version of predator that would go well with it. I'm thinking it would need to be maybe 12" and the hot toys preds might be too big?

Might get this and even maybe use it for start of a little display avp.

I have some mcfarlane aliens dog alien ect that i was going to get rid of but maybe i can use em?

can someone measure just the alien for me when you get a chance is it 8" ?

I just watched alien part one from the aliens anthology bluray set couple of days ago and what a great transfer to HD it looks awesome it is making me want this more

thanks

Last edited:
Does anyone have this statue and some version of predator that would go well with it. I'm thinking it would need to be maybe 12" and the hot toys preds might be too big?

Might get this and even maybe use it for start of a little display avp.

I have some mcfarlane aliens dog alien ect that i was going to get rid of but maybe i can use em?

can someone measure just the alien for me when you get a chance is it 8" ?

I just watched alien part one from the aliens anthology bluray set couple of days ago and what a great transfer to HD it looks awesome it is making me want this more

thanks

If I m not mistaken these are 1/5 scale like the elder predator statue from sideshow...those would complement the alien

I finally sent my damaged statue back to Sideshow for a refund. Just going to hold out for the LSB line if Sideshow ever gets around to it.

I got mine last week, and it seems to be fine.

Only one question: has anyone seen this in the statue?:

Some "peaks" of the skull touch from the inside the dome (are not scratches on the outer surface of the dome).

Has someone seen that in your Alien?
It´s part of the sculpt or it´s wrong?

The dome is just a plastic covering glued in place. I know because when I bought mine and took it out of the box the dome fell right off. So looks to me a minor flaw on the inside of the dome with it touching some parts of the sculpt.

The dome is just a plastic covering glued in place. I know because when I bought mine and took it out of the box the dome fell right off. So looks to me a minor flaw on the inside of the dome with it touching some parts of the sculpt.

The dome was broken?
That´s too bad!!!
Hope you can find a solution.

Well, if I could get the dome off, maybe I could solve the problem.

How is it glued?
Do you think that is possible to get it off?

got mine just in time then :)

Untitled-1_zps2865fc4a.jpg

Back