bhutto assassinated

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, all extremist religious fundamentalists suck. However, it's still relative as not all of them strap bombs to their kids and have them walk into crowded areas or hijack planes and turn them into missles.

I remember remarking to my wife when Bhutto returned to Pakistan that I wondered how long she would last before she was shot or blown up. Its sad that these fundamentalists feel the need to kill all the smart people.

That she was a powerful woman also clearly didn't do her any favors in that part of the world.

I see theyre now saying she died from hitting her head on the sunroof and not from any bullet or shrapnel :confused:

The whole world is gone to sh$t!! I say,the more chaos and destruction the better.People are fu%#ed up,and this whole circus or what ever you want to call it needs to go.So just sit back and enjoy the ride,it will be over sooner than you think.And no I'm talking about religion,I don't beleive that man has discovered why he's here or were he came from,that's what religion claims.I'm talking when I die.:lol

Mom please flush it all away........

Yes, all extremist religious fundamentalists suck. However, it's still relative as not all of them strap bombs to their kids and have them walk into crowded areas or hijack planes and turn them into missles.

That is very true. I think the lesson to be learned is that allowing evangelical extremists is playing with fire. I do believe it's a slippery slope between lying down in front of a construction crew outside a Planned Parenthood and blowing one up.

Personally I think freedom of religion and respect for others is paramount in a society. I also believe that religion is a personal thing -- that connection with a higher power that people talk about having seems to be just as valid no matter what diety they are connecting with. But I have no respect for any religion that is intollerant of non-believers or that feels threated by people who don't believe the same as them.

You cannot use blanket statements that say all religious fanatics. When was the last time Christians, Buddhists, Hasidim or Hindus blew anything up? This is an issue unique to one major religion that needs to be addressed and condemned by them.
Need an example? How about a cartoon of Mohamed causing riots, fire bombings and death threats, while a crucifix in urine is 'artistic expression' and there were some peaceful demonstrations of objection.

You cannot use blanket statements that say all religious fanatics. When was the last time Christians, Buddhists, Hasidim or Hindus blew anything up? This is an issue unique to one major religion that needs to be addressed and condemned by them.
Need an example? How about a cartoon of Mohamed causing riots, fire bombings and death threats, while a crucifix in urine is 'artistic expression' and there were some peaceful demonstrations of objection.

This is a can of worms to open, but what the hey.

What about abortion clinic bombings and Doctor killings? Or the KKK? I think if you look to Bosnia and Africa you'll be able to find a plethora of recent examples of Christian attrocities.

Extremism in any group is bad. I mean, look at Mediworld. :monkey3

But I have no respect for any religion that is intollerant of non-believers or that feels threated by people who don't believe the same as them.

I hate people who are intolerant! ;)

the sad part is WWIII will be started due to religion.

Pretty much all religions are based on a God and a love of your fellow people. And its sad how many of those people are killed in the name of a supposed loving God.

the sad part is WWIII will be started due to religion.

Pretty much all religions are based on a God and a love of your fellow people. And its sad how many of those people are killed in the name of a supposed loving God.

Word.... I think pretty much every war can be traced in part to a religious squabble.

There are certainly violent acts associated with every religion, but in each case the acts are condemned publicly and boisterously by the mainstream of that religion. There are millions of Islamic extremists advocating slaughter of innocents.
I'm not anti Islamic or anything else, and clearly the number of peaceful Muslims outnumber the extremists 10 times over, it is an issue they need to address amongst themselves. I fear greatly for the people of Iran, who will suffer greatly if their president ever achieves his stated goals. Does anyone think Israel WON"T counterstrike?
And while we calculate death tolls lets not forget that and anti religious form of communism was responsible for the murder of over 110,000,000 people, dwarfing any number of people killed due to religion.
The message is clear, extremism must be condemned, and thats my point, certain forms of extremism are not being condemned. Only by people standing up and acknowledging that murder is wrong and that all people have rights and freedom, will the world achieve any semblance of peace.

There are millions of Islamic extremists advocating slaughter of innocents.
Where did you get that info from? That's the first I've seen such a high number?:monkey1

I fear greatly for the people of Iran, who will suffer greatly if their president ever achieves his stated goals. Does anyone think Israel WON"T counterstrike?
The common notion that Iran is threatening Israel... What about Israel's threats towards Iran which were there before President Ahmedinejad took over. Iran has no nuclear weapons whereas Israel already has quite a few. By the time Iran is going to have Nukes, I think most the conflict will be solved by then. If the west didn't have all the double-standards, the ME wouldn't be half as much of a as it is now.

I see a lot of strong statements toward Miss Bhutto's assassination and a lot of speculations. But how many of you actually know about the history of Ms. Bhutto and her family and the real reason she was assassinated? And it sure as hell was NOT Al-Qaida! People are quick to assume that it was Islamist Extremist that undertook the assassination. But truthfully, there are over 300 different parties in Pakistan at the moment that want share power in the government. And very few of them are religious extremists. Whereas in the US, we are blessed or cursed (whichever you prefer) with a bipartisan system, Pakistan has 100 times more parties. With the elections coming up in a few months, and a key player out of the picture, likely done by the government as the evidence suggests, more and more riots will break out. The little stability that Pakistan had the last few months is gone. Now it's a pretty much a free-for-all. Let's just hope it'll be someone as courageous as Miss Bhutto.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are certainly violent acts associated with every religion, but in each case the acts are condemned publicly and boisterously by the mainstream of that religion. There are millions of Islamic extremists advocating slaughter of innocents.
I'm not anti Islamic or anything else, and clearly the number of peaceful Muslims outnumber the extremists 10 times over, it is an issue they need to address amongst themselves. I fear greatly for the people of Iran, who will suffer greatly if their president ever achieves his stated goals. Does anyone think Israel WON"T counterstrike?
And while we calculate death tolls lets not forget that and anti religious form of communism was responsible for the murder of over 110,000,000 people, dwarfing any number of people killed due to religion.
The message is clear, extremism must be condemned, and thats my point, certain forms of extremism are not being condemned. Only by people standing up and acknowledging that murder is wrong and that all people have rights and freedom, will the world achieve any semblance of peace.

Extremists are by definition not rational. If the "mainstream" were to condemn it (as some do) they would be labeled as apostate Muslim. Which basically means they are in the same boat as the rest of the non-Muslim world.

I don't see how that would change anything.

Where did you get that info from? That's the first I've seen such a high number?:monkey1

The common notion that Iran is threatening Israel... What about Israel's threats towards Iran which were there before President Ahmedinejad took over. Iran has no nuclear weapons whereas Israel already has quite a few. By the time Iran is going to have Nukes, I think most the conflict will be solved by then. If the west didn't have all the double-standards, the ME wouldn't be half as much of a sh#thole as it is now.

I see a lot of strong statements toward Miss Bhutto's assassination and a lot of speculations. But how many of you actually know about the history of Ms. Bhutto and her family and the real reason she was assassinated? And it sure as hell was NOT Al-Qaida! People are quick to assume that it was Islamist Extremist that undertook the assassination. But truthfully, there are over 300 different parties in Pakistan at the moment that want share power in the government. And very few of them are religious extremists. Whereas in the US, we are blessed or cursed (whichever you prefer) with a bipartisan system, Pakistan has 100 times more parties. With the elections coming up in a few months, and a key player out of the picture, likely done by the government as the evidence suggests, more and more riots will break out. The little stability that Pakistan had the last few months is gone. Now it's a pretty much a free-for-all. Let's just hope it'll be someone as courageous as Miss Bhutto.

Yup. What is an extremist but a brain washed follower of someone with a grander agenda (and not always a relgious agenda).

I believe its no accident that she was assassinated on the eve of what would have been elections which would have, undoubtedly, removed Musharif [sic]from power.

Most estimates of the worldwide population of Muslims put the number at about 1.84 billion and there is an estimate of possibly 10% of that number fall into the category of Islamic extremists that give you 18,000,000.

The point is that the region needs no more instability.

This is a can of worms to open, but what the hey.

What about abortion clinic bombings and Doctor killings? Or the KKK? I think if you look to Bosnia and Africa you'll be able to find a plethora of recent examples of Christian attrocities.

Extremism in any group is bad. I mean, look at Mediworld. :monkey3

The major difference is that the bombing of abortion clinics is condemned by all major christian groups and isn't supported by theology - whereas suicide bombings are supported by most muslims groups (even so called "moderates") and is supported by the Koran. Even when muslim groups condemn suicide bombings read their condemnation closely - it will say "innocents". According to the Koran no one who rejects islam is innocent - ergo they are only condemning the killing of muslims.

check out this site - they track islamic terror attacks.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

The counter stands at 10268 attacks since 9-11, most against other muslims. You have to be in a moral vacuum to compare this to violence committed by any other religeous group in modern times.

Iran has no nuclear weapons whereas Israel already has quite a few. By the time Iran is going to have Nukes, I think most the conflict will be solved by then. If the west didn't have all the double-standards, the ME wouldn't be half as much of a as it is now.

This is where a little knowledge of the leadership of Iran would come in handy. Armadinnerjacket believes in the coming of the 12th Iman - a messianic apocalyptic figure. According to the Koran before he comes they have to go to war with Israel. So as much as some of you guys like to bash Bush's religious beliefs at least he doesn't believe that he'll get some heavenly reward by nuking his neighbour. Its one thing for a country to have nukes, its another when the holder of those nukes actually wants to bring on a war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back