Beyond the Event Horizon Customs and Bashes by The_Darkness_Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen his work before but wow I just got lost looking at all his projects. Thanks for sharing, so cool!!

I also have that suit for an Iakaru custom :D As well as the plans for a future Gigoran.
Great notes, Steven!
Thanks for posting :)

Thanks so much everyone. :)

I have tried to learn various techniques from YouTube videos and from other creative crafty customizers. I attempt many things and certainly fail a lot.

When applying fur, it is extremely messy. One of the fur / hair techniques is to use low tack painter's tape to help manage the fur a strip at a time. The matte glue (Liquid Stitch) I use, takes time to dry so the tape holds it in place. There are other glues like Fabri-Tac that dry quick, but is more glossy.

Then I remove the tape and some fur is pulled off. That is ok because it needs to be thinned out anyway.

Another tip I should share is... it might be a good idea to wrap something like saran wrap around the body parts if you are gluing fur to a suit while on the body. Some glue might soak through the fabric.

For those that haven't seen my finished Hassk..

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2892 b.jpg

That's too cool!! For the eyes, did you apply Vaseline to the mold and place the eyes in the mold then pour the resin? Looks so good!

^

Thanks so much.

I am familiar with that technique thanks to Michael Fichtenmayer. However, I did not do that with this one. I think I hollowed out the backside / inside the head.

I just love seeing everyone?s customs! It?s so cool to see what people come up with and different ideas, and fills the void in between HT?s Star Wars releases. I can only imagine the cool stuff we can all make from the Mandalorian that would fit right in with the underbelly of the galaxy.

Greef Carga?s Trandoshan Goon/bodyguard looks like an awesome design too. They show him take off his helmet - Kessel Guard looking helmet - in some of that sneak peek footage. Lots of custom potential with this upcoming show. Can?t wait :D

Back