Beyond shark-jumping....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the term "jumping the shark" implies a property deemed to have passed its peak... there is something within the Star Wars Universe for everyone, and it has been this way since day one... perhaps this multi-generational approach is why the franchise grows stronger each year.

if it makes some kid smile what's the harm? it doesn't have to take away from the other aspects that draws one in.

I don't know why some people are so shocked by this. Star Wars has had this sort of silly thing since the very beginning. In my opinion, that's part of the charm. The Holiday Special is often singled out (and rightly so) but there were all kinds of stuff in a similar vein. This is actually way better than most of that stuff, because it doesn't feature the original actors and is obviously just a goofy stage show for kids.

Have to agree... and its not like this is now added as canon to the series or anything. Its just a dumb entertainment.

Heck if this was an internet cartoon fans probably would have thought it was funny. Even so, still a bit painful to watch, but at least the costumes were well done. I'd kill for a kickass Chewbacca costume like that :rock

Why do people always use the term 'jumping the shark' incorrectly?
JTS doesnt mean something you dont like or something you thought was stupid...

aww c'mon, u guys! that video was fun! i found it pretty funny, especially when vader and the stormtroopers started doing the mc hammer "u can't touch this" dance. :lol

and the chick in the aurra sing costume was kinda sexy. she had a great ass. :naughty

the term "jumping the shark" implies a property deemed to have passed its peak...

Correct...when I was 6 or 7 years old i remember going to Toys R Us and just melting looking at all the Star Wars toys that were there...I went to Toys R Us last week with my one year old son and all the Star Wars stuf was STILL there, albeit abit different, but there nonetheless, Luca$ is doing somethig right....I think Star Wars hasn't peaked yet.

Jumping the shark is a term for when something that used to be good has gotten bad. The origin stems from the TV show Happy Days. Towards the end of the shows run there was an episode where the cool tough guy Fonzie ski jumped over a shark. At that point there was no denying the show sucked I guess. :lol

Thank you. :)

Just saw the clip. Wow. :monkey1

It's hard to see amongst all the clones, Vaders, and Jedi, but Lucas has a penchant for really cheesy crap like this. He thinks it's cute, and a stage show at Disney doesn't rock his Canon boat like the Holiday special might. I got really bad yikes watching this, and I need another shower.

Back