Beyonce thinks she is Wonder Woman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather see her play Wonder Woman than say Megan Fox. Of course I still think Wesley Snipes would have been a better Batman than Keaton.

Wonder Woman is Greek, so I wouldn't call her "white", but Beyonce is too bouncy and glittery. She would have to be a damn good actress to convince me, and I don't see that happening.

samuel_L_Jackson.gif

Wonder Woman is Greek, so I wouldn't call her "white", but Beyonce is too bouncy and glittery. She would have to be a damn good actress to convince me, and I don't see that happening.

HUH? Then WTH would you call them? Of course they're Caucasians, some have light colored hair and eyes. Just because they tan a bit darker doesn't mean they're not white.

Having said that, Beyonce is a bad choice imho.

HUH? Then WTH would you call them? Of course they're Caucasians, some have light colored hair and eyes. Just because they tan a bit darker doesn't mean they're not white.

I had always thought that eastern Mediterranean was closer to Middle Eastern than it was to western European.

But where do you draw the line? There are no real "races". Just genetic variations that are likely caused by environment and diet. I'm sure that over the recent centuries, much more western blood has entered Greek lines, but during the Classical or Archaic eras, I doubt there was a significant influence and southwestern Asian features were much more prominent.

But my basic point was that Beyonce is not very dark and I saw no issue with her playing the part. That is, until EVILFACE pointed out that her body type is completely wrong. Which it is, so even if she could act, I wouldn't want to see her in the role.

I had always thought that eastern Mediterranean was closer to Middle Eastern than it was to western European.

But where do you draw the line? There are no real "races". Just genetic variations that are likely caused by environment and diet. I'm sure that over the recent centuries, much more western blood has entered Greek lines, but during the Classical or Archaic eras, I doubt there was a significant influence and southwestern Asian features were much more prominent.

But my basic point was that Beyonce is not very dark and I saw no issue with her playing the part. That is, until EVILFACE pointed out that her body type is completely wrong. Which it is, so even if she could act, I wouldn't want to see her in the role.
I can understand the confusion, especially with how diverse the region is today, but Ancient Greece is generally considered to be the foundation of western civilization. They heavily influenced, and in many ways were also genetic relatives to the Romans, who influenced just about everything else in Europe.

I think Jessica Biel has the perfect atheltic type body to play Wonder Woman. In Blade Trinity she has huge arms, and a thick, muscular build, but still manages to look completely feminine. I'm sure they could make her up to look a bit more Mediterranean.

As for Beyonce, I don't object to her ethnicity in the role nearly as much as the fact that she's a terrible, terrible actress.

I think Jessica Biel has the perfect atheltic type body to play Wonder Woman. In Blade Trinity she has huge arms, and a thick, muscular build, but still manages to look completely feminine. I'm sure they could make her up to look a bit more Mediterranean.

As for Beyonce, I don't object to her ethnicity in the role nearly as much as the fact that she's a terrible, terrible actress.

I completely agree, although I don't think she has huge arms but rather strong shoulders. Unfortunately, I think Jessica has stated that she want's to move away from Action/Superhero movies. I bet that could change if Warner offers her enough money (I hope they do).

I think Beyonce is overated as an "Actress" her last movie Obssesed was a predectable story line with a C+ to B- showing by her

Back