Beware the Recaster(s)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes I am aware of that .... however usually the stuff that gets recasted the most is the high end stuff... ( I don't consider mine that, as they are simply sketches, and even my stuff is all over ebay) ...
In order for true masters of this craft like say another Adam Gu, Rainman, or Trevor to come along it will take a lot of time and effort, and years of practice....trust me on that one my friend....:wink1: one does not simply bump into someone with that level of craftsmanship every day..... I work with MANY different artists, and I can tell you there's not that many that can do a portrait justice.... very few in the world... it is truly a gift in a way.

You're selling yourself short Eric your sculpts, Rocco's, Sean Dabbs, etc. Are absolutely as good or better than the three you mentioned. You're all great artists. As a matter of fact keep up the good work!

I can't believe some of these posts of people justifying recasting and the entitlement they feel they have to own a sold out HS.

If you miss out on something, for whatever reason, tough ****. We all miss out on things at one time or another. It's part of the hobby. You either bide your time and hope someone sells theirs, go in with a group of people to commission a new sculpt or ask the sculptor if they would consider re-releasing a head. Recasting is wrong, wrong, wrong and the idea that people would try to justify it because they think they deserve a sculpt or because the original is not licensed is truly baffling and sad.

Good to now where you stand :wink1: I hope thqat doesn't mean you are cool with recasts.. and if you are good for you.

I don't condone Them nor do I codemn them, I think it's stolen work sure but it's like pirate Bay, it's expected to be stolen if it's good and there's a demand for it, I don't do custom sculpts or recast so I don't support either with my money but some people do. I just think it's equal theft to sculpt a person and not pay royalties than it is to steal someone's sculpt and not pay royalties. Actors believe what they do is art and taking from that and not paying them royalties to me is the same thing

I don't condone Them nor do I codemn them, I think it's stolen work sure but it's like pirate Bay, it's expected to be stolen if it's good and there's a demand for it, I don't do custom sculpts or recast so I don't support either with my money but some people do. I just think it's equal theft to sculpt a person and not pay royalties than it is to steal someone's sculpt and not pay royalties. Actors believe what they do is art and taking from that and not paying them royalties to me is the same thing

trust me, I see your point.

That last post by LipSmack has officially killed this discussion. When you resort to quoting someone else's comments and then editing that quote to make your point... done and done.

That last post by LipSmack has officially killed this discussion. When you resort to quoting someone else's comments and then editing that quote to make your point... done and done.

Just demonstrating my point through his nuf said crap. And welcome to sideshow freaks, this happens all the time man

*insert Peter griffin who the hell cares* pic here. :lol
Shut it down already. :slap

Given you own the recasted Indy PF head shrunk to 1:6, we already know you wholly support recasting... unless, of course, you think the artist remade something you commissioned. Then you get downright hypocritical. :lol

Just demonstrating my point through his nuf said crap. And welcome to sideshow freaks, this happens all the time man

I think you need to follow the nuf said yourself and let this die. The talented sculptors who participate on this board are a big part of the Freak's forum. If you can't show a little respect then I think it best you leave this discussion.

Given you own the recasted Indy PF head shrunk to 1:6, we already know you wholly support recasting... unless, of course, you think the artist remade something you commissioned. Then you get downright hypocritical. :lol

Wondered when this twist would rear it's ugly head. There really seems to be a double standard when it comes to this area of recasting. If someone isn't talented enough to sculpt something from scratch they shouldn't be throwing rubber on a head they resculpted, no matter how much work they claim was put into it. If it isn't 100% someone's original work it shouldn't be cast or supported if people are really against recasting. This is a wrinkle that divides and defines those who are totally against recast and those who aren't willing to stand 100% against the practice.

BTW......How did he get all these head sculpts??? Either he bought them here, actually got them from the artist themselves, OR SOMEONE HERE GAVE THEM TO HIM. I'm sure there are Freaks that are still friends OR were friends with him at some point. Wasn't he one of the best sellers here at one time??

BTW......How did he get all these head sculpts??? Either he bought them here, actually got them from the artist themselves, OR SOMEONE HERE GAVE THEM TO HIM. I'm sure there are Freaks that are still friends OR were friends with him at some point. Wasn't he one of the best sellers here at one time??

He also runs a business, so I wouldn't be surprised if he trades figures, or gives fat discounts for loaners to recast.

Ohoh. It's on like Saigon, Red Dawn, Charles Bronson! Key "Eye of the Tiger". Looks like Nam and Short are going at it for the main event. :rotflCome on guys one big happy collecting family. You know the family I'm talking about
The one with drunk uncle who spouts off rhetoric (see pro-recasters) and the grandfather who has to cut them down to size(see anti-recasters). This is a fun discussion but what it comes down to is this. The artists on this board are doing a service. If anyone wants a character that hasn't been made and you want it, here's the place to do it. If you want s different or better figure than what's commercially available, here's the place to do it. This is not the place to have people come to steal custom work that people love. If you want the recast heads by all means ho for it. Nothing said on this forum will stop you. Just think. It's like having a kit car Cobra. It looks like a cobra but is it really?

I think you need to follow the nuf said yourself and let this die. The talented sculptors who participate on this board are a big part of the Freak's forum. If you can't show a little respect then I think it best you leave this discussion.

2602735-injustice2.png

:lol

I think the stand this board takes speaks volumes. Known recasters are banned. Simple as that. Artists who want to participate in the community are welcomed with open arms. They are a huge, huge part of this community and we are thankful they are here and share their talents with us. There really is nothing else to discuss. Recasting = BAD!!

You know for someone who claims they're sarcastic and sees through the bull ****.....you're pretty bad at it. :lol You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

And again, I love the attention you give me....makes me feel special. :monkey3

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back