Beware the Recaster(s)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Danger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't know if this thread has previously existed, or if it is a good idea to create it, but considering the amount of recast heads lately I figure it's a good idea to keep some kind of database to be aware of before purchasing a head of unknown origin. I was just looking on eBay and noticed Q has got a hold of quite a few new head sculpts.

Here is a link to his eBay store. Everyone steer clear of this *********. Post anything else that may be of any kind of use to nip this bad habit in the bud as soon as possible.

babygq14 aka Q
Banned August of 2012
https://www.ebay.com/sch/babygq14/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/member.php?u=6663

Last edited:
I don't know if this thread has previously existed, or if it is a good idea to create it, but considering the amount of recast heads lately I figure it's a good idea to keep some kind of database to be aware of before purchasing a head of unknown origin. I was just looking on eBay and noticed Q has got a hold of quite a few new head sculpts.

Here is a link to his eBay store. Everyone steer clear of this *********. Post anything else that may be of any kind of use to nip this bad habit in the bud as soon as possible.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/babygq14/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3686

Lately? Ebay is usually littered with recasts. It's always been a part of the customizing hobby, and always will be. As much as people bemoan the practice, I don't think most honestly care. As long as they can get the heads they want, they'll keep buying them.

Yes this is a great idea. Please anyone else who's aware of any other ********* recasters, please provide links so that we can steer clear of these guys. I'm sure if everyone pitches in we can establish an extensive data base.

Lately? Ebay is usually littered with recasts. It's always been a part of the customizing hobby, and always will be. As much as people bemoan the practice, I don't think most honestly care. As long as they can get the heads they want, they'll keep buying them.

I'm aware recasts are always around, I'm just saying that recently 3 people discovered that heads they believed were legitimate (and even their sellers thought were legitimate) were not. That means that here in this community, someone is sharing a whole ****load of information with recasters and even providing them with original heads on a frequent basis. It's obvious there are a few people here "working" with recasters.

I don't agree that people don't care where they get the heads. Why pay the same amount of money to someone who is profiting from another's hard work? They take a mold of an existing cast and create an inferior product. This is enough to want to stop the recasters.

How do you know that one is a recast? It looks like an original.

Looking at his feedback/eBay history, it doesn't look like he's a recaster.

I hope this is the case, but I wasn't sure and Erick let me know it wasn't his. I'm waiting for a response from him just to be sure. I'll edit my post until then. Cheers!

FWIW, we DO have a "BEWARE of these eBay buyers/sellers" thread, but I don't think many folks look at it. If we could just sticky a bold message at the top of the forum that says "Don't buy from babygq14", maybe that would do the trick, but I doubt Darklord Dave is willing to single one person out like that.

you cant be srious with what you just said??? you mean this guy has the in with all of these sculpts, a never ending supply that we on the board cant find, dude, butcher, so on and so on..what scares me is that you did a little homework and checked his ebay sales yet you still have some doubts he is a recaster??? are you babygq14?:slap

you cant be srious with what you just said??? you mean this guy has the in with all of these sculpts, a never ending supply that we on the board cant find, dude, butcher, so on and so on..what scares me is that you did a little homework and checked his ebay sales yet you still have some doubts he is a recaster??? are you babygq14?:slap

Slow down, Turbo. I was referencing The Danger's post that he's since edited. It looked to me that it was just some guy selling his Sosa Marty sculpt.

That's why I never get my hand on any sculpt on evilbay. SF is a good place to buy the originals from their creators.

I posted a link to an auction that I felt might have been a recast, since I got confirmation from Sosa that it was his work but not his auction. I'm not sure whether unpainted sculpts were sold, I'm waiting on that reply.

The demand for a lot of these sculpts makes recasting a very profitable endeavor, but I think unless you are 100% it is original, we need to get rid of them. I think if we track down the sources of these heads, we can find a lot of loose ends around here and get rid of some scum.

Your beating a dead horse here. This has been talked about already and everybody knows who he is.

Damn! That babyq dude is making some SERIOUS cash from this, just look at his sales on ebay, jeez, maybe should go into the recasting business ... jk! :)

First off, how's he getting a cast from the originals to begin with? Since he's been banned on here, he apparently has another user name or knows someone on here and they're getting them for him. Would that be correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back