Beware! paying seller LoontenToys outside eBay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Podnutz

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I want to tell my story so someone else wont fall in the same trap as I did.

We all know loontentoys on ebay selling usually the cheapest prices, I first bought a terminators DX13 from him in October and it arrived in 10 days no problems, the next thing I wanted is Robocop 2.0 but I didn't have the cash for it so I asked loontentoys if I can pay a deposit now and on payday I pay the rest, he sent me quickly a deposit paypal request of $40, two months actually pass because I was expecting him to tell me when robocop is in stock so I could pay the rest, anyway I found out and emailed him about it, he sent me the bill for the rest but it was of a higher price so I asked him to bill me as of the price when I paid my deposit and he did quickly and I paid $300 left and had nothing to do but wait for my item to arrive I am in UK. he updated the paypal with a tracking number that said dispatched on 4th December.

2 weeks pass I check the tracking and all it says is "6 December forwarded for export" I said maybe its the Xmas season things might be slower, 3 weeks pass I email him that I still haven't received the Robocop but get no reply.

On the 24th I check and find out that it's being returned because it was rejected by customs, I email him about it and get no reply, then I email him from eBay and he replies to me saying me emails didn't work but still gives me the same information I already have all he says is here is your tracking number and the website where to track it from, this means he himself hasn't checked the status. then he stopped messaging me all together. it is just an unprofessional response.

I contacted Royal Mail in UK to find out why it was rejected and they said that they can't tell me anything, the seller has to contact china post and find out.
I was expecting from a reputable seller to at least call the post office on my behalf and update me with accurate information and solutions but he simply isn't interested and yet refuses to refund my money. as of today 2 days no replies, but when it was about paying him he was replying almost instantly.

I had no choice now but to open a dispute against Loontentoys hoping to get my money back, he maybe good while you purchase inside eBay but outside is another story.

here is my tracking situation: 17track - Track Global Postal

Update 27-12-2014: Right after I filed dispute, he emails me back saying he now notices it's being returned and that he will contact the post office on Monday.

Glad it was resolved.

BTW - I think it's generally a good idea to "BEWARE paying (anyone) outside eBay" (assuming it's an eBay purchase).

okay not sure if because of the forum thread or what but it seems that he has woken up, he resent the pack by an express delivery this time and it looks like it's already arrived to the UK depot hopefully when I get to the office on Monday my Robocop will be waiting.

I've had stuff go missing or rejected by customs in the UK before, i've always had good dealings with him, guess its just been a very busy period around and good to know hopefully sorted,

To be honest I purchased the Robocop battle damaged item off him and he pulled the same story, that its been returned to him and now everything is ok. Unfortunately like you I had to open up a case against him in paypal because its been over a few weeks now and no sign of the item. I'm not saying he's a dishonest seller because I ordered off him before and gotten items no problem. Maybe its a genuine hiccup or something.

Last edited:
Back