Beware of this seller

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy's got some great stuff! Thanks for bringing him to our attention.

:lol

and so cheap too

:exactly::lecture

off to ebay to buy some good looking low priced recasts

skipping.gif

Yes, keep in mind, that iyiyyy is the guy or part of the guys or group that recasted the Kaustic Plastik KP01 body and now sells it as the Muscular Club body.

So, attention all forum members, don't patronize iyiyyy's eBay store as he is a known recaster.

:lecture

Is muscular club same as kp01? You sure?

I think if you recast a company's product, it's okay.

But if you recast a customizer's product, it's bad.

Kind of like how if you recast Trevor Grove's Indy PF head, it's okay, because there was work put into smoothing out the sculpt and shrinking it down.

But if you recast Trevor Grove's Kurt Russell head, that's bad.

But, iyiyyy, smoothed out the Kaustic body, and turned it into the Muscular Club body. . . so. . . I dunno, it's up to the Darklord.

I wish I could recast the heads and maybe the bodies, you don't know how much to invest producing or recasting anything, for a body maybe it cost like 30k usd? How many piece we sell can get the cost back? I don't know and I am not that big for such business, maybe you think we get or make those custom head for 1 and selling for 30? I hope so

Kind of like how if you recast Trevor Grove's Indy PF head, it's okay, because there was work put into smoothing out the sculpt and shrinking it down.

But if you recast Trevor Grove's Kurt Russell head, that's bad.

But, iyiyyy, smoothed out the Kaustic body, and turned it into the Muscular Club body. . . so. . . I dunno, it's up to the Darklord.

And...as I said, I can't recast any head, for the customize head, maybe yr talking able the rick? I buy them and good they are selling well

I source and buy anything we think it can sell

Last edited:
$30 recast aint cheap, it's the standard price for a parted out HT figure, standard not ebay!

so when you buy a $30 recast you will expect quality stuffs, which is what most of us are getting.

i'm still amazed the quality of Michael Jordan Sculpt.

But bear in mind most are not 100% recast and they do differ abit.

Same like Company A released product A & Company B decides to use A's sculpt and modify it and sell as B.

A can't sue B unless they have Steel Concrete evidence which is impossible.

:exactly::lecture

off to ebay to buy some good looking low priced recasts

skipping.gif

it's much cheaper for the factory themselves to "Recast" using the exact same mold and maybe slightly inferior materials.

or use it as reference and release their own product line.

HT, 3A, Medicom, Sideshow, you really think they never took another companies product & modify them?

And...as I said, I can't recast any head, for the customize head, maybe yr talking able the rick? I buy them and good they are selling well

I source and buy anything we think it can sell

it's much cheaper for the factory themselves to "Recast" using the exact same mold and maybe slightly inferior materials.

or use it as reference and release their own product line.

HT, 3A, Medicom, Sideshow, you really think they never took another companies product & modify them?

I agree it's cheaper to just recast

What I heard from factory is that they pay even more than the molding cost for the original sculpture, and yet they usually make a small run on those "custom" so the cost is high, whatever their reason, we bought that for a overprice anyway

The market is being open and transparent, retailer cannot make huge profit over the competition, the truth is $30 on eBay is most likely the bottom, don't forget the charge from shipping and eBay

Last edited:
$30 recast aint cheap, it's the standard price for a parted out HT figure, standard not ebay!

Where are you buying your parted out original HT sculpts for $30?? Here in the states the places that part out figures (Toy Anxiety, Monkey Depot, Black Ops Toys) usually charge no less than $60 per sculpt. So for someone like me who lives in the states, $30 for a recast that looks pretty similar to the original is a good price :dunno

Not sure I understand that logic.

What about a licensed product, should that be recast? If a company holds a license, is it still OK to recast? Are you OK with a company taking the hit because its a "group" rather than an individual? Is their time or artists' time less valuable than a single artist here on the boards? What about an artist who uses another sculptor's work/sculpt as a base and re-sculpts it or alters it in some way, like with the million Joker heads, should that be recast?

Can you recast an artist's recast of another artist's work who works for a company?

Slippery slope.

Factory don't pay Sculpture, Companies pay Sculptures to produce prototype, all Factory does is make a mold out of it and reproduce, so many factories in China are shipping out products from their backdoor, many are usually sneaked out, or QC'ed out, but some of them also produce extras to be sold outside, usually it's done by folks inside.

Even Branded earphones do that, just you don't get the nice box & packaging.

I agree it's cheaper to just recast

What I heard from factory is that they pay even more than the molding cost for the original sculpture, and yet they usually make a small run on those "custom" so the cost is high, whatever their reason, we bought that for a overprice anyway

The market is being open and transparent, retailer cannot make huge profit over the competition, the truth is $30 on eBay is most likely the bottom, don't forget the charge from shipping and eBay

No, I'm saying a Full figure cost $150, so if you take the head into account it should only cost $30.

Of course if you talk about ebay price it's definately not $30 since people want profit, and the fact that original sculpts are hard to find (unless someone parts them out) & highly sought after, it average $60 onwards.

If we talk about ebay price, a HT Michael Jackson head can go up to $1000 and people would still buy them, let alone Ironman & Tony Sculpts.

The point is $30 for a custom head ain't cheap, so we'd expect top quality stuff, which so far i'm quite satisfied with.

Where are you buying your parted out original HT sculpts for $30?? Here in the states the places that part out figures (Toy Anxiety, Monkey Depot, Black Ops Toys) usually charge no less than $60 per sculpt. So for someone like me who lives in the states, $30 for a recast that looks pretty similar to the original is a good price :dunno

In the world of law, unless you can prove that a company stole your copyright items by making duplicate/copies of it and making profit out of it, yes it's illegal and you can get fined & jailed, like ripping Music off mp3's & selling them, or downloading them without approval, or buying pirated dvd's, or downloading cracked games.

But for a headsculpt that is 95% similar, it's hard to prove that a crime has taken place. If not Obama would have sued companies reproducing sculpts looking like him but not him.

What about a licensed product, should that be recast? If a company holds a license, is it still OK to recast? Are you OK with a company taking the hit because its a "group" rather than an individual? Is their time or artists' time less valuable than a single artist here on the boards? What about an artist who uses another sculptor's work/sculpt as a base and re-sculpts it or alters it in some way, like with the million Joker heads, should that be recast?

Can you recast an artist's recast of another artist's work who works for a company?

Slippery slope.

Slippery slope.

No one understands that logic... he's not saying he supports. but Dave and other mods do...

Recasting without the approval of the original sculptor/owner of the rights is BAD. Simple as that. :lecture

For example Master Replicas is no more, so a company like eFX Collectibles got the rights of making licensed props. Thus eFX is using the Master Replicas Collector's Edition (CE) Stormtrooper helmet molds in their Precision Cast Replica (PCR) helmets, which this way are 99% identical with MR CE, so I don't think is fair game to recast it. But you can see people recasting these helmets, that are product from an existing company, which besides the fact that is illegal, it is also immoral.

You can have the original sculptor/owner of the sculpt give you the rights to make some changes to that, or even recast it with some conditions, it happens a lot of times in the art world. And you can even collaborate with the original artist/original company and so on.

But you need official approval. There are huge threads about recasting on forums like 501st FISD, RPF, Prop Den, Rebelscum or TheDentedHelmet. And none are encouraging recasting, no matter what some try to "explain" recasting is still a violation of copyright (as a company) or at least of someone's sculpting talents (as an individual).

You'll never know eFX had agreements with MR to use their molds & also make slight changes.

Anyway like I said it's very difficult to prove you "copied" other's work. As even with 1% difference the court might just not let it tru, since it's difficult to judge art.

Happens in all industries, car companies copying another's design, students copying other people's work but changes the wordings etc, Japan had been notorious for digging other companies trashcan to copy their technology stuff, and come up with their own, never got sued.
Stealing is an art.

I have no problem people making cast off the stuff they bought for use in customs, but selling them for profit is abit immoral, but then you should complain about those small time companies coming up with stuffs like "Blade Hunter", since they are actually making Blade Runner figure without any rights, just playing with the name.

Recasting without the approval of the original sculptor/owner of the rights is BAD. Simple as that. :lecture

For example Master Replicas is no more, so a company like eFX Collectibles got the rights of making licensed props. Thus eFX is using the Master Replicas Collector's Edition (CE) Stormtrooper helmet molds in their Precision Cast Replica (PCR) helmets, which this way are 99% identical with MR CE, so I don't think is fair game to recast it. But you can see people recasting these helmets, that are product from an existing company, which besides the fact that is illegal, it is also immoral.

You can have the original sculptor/owner of the sculpt give you the rights to make some changes to that, or even recast it with some conditions, it happens a lot of times in the art world. And you can even collaborate with the original artist/original company and so on.

But you need official approval. There are huge threads about recasting on forums like 501st FISD, RPF, Prop Den, Rebelscum or TheDentedHelmet. And none are encouraging recasting, no matter what some try to "explain" recasting is still a violation of copyright (as a company) or at least of someone's sculpting talents (as an individual).

Slippery slope.

It's very simple and straight forward - for a licensed product - is the recast/bootleg taking a potential sale away from the licensor (directly or after market)? Then it isn't allowed.

For a custom - is a recast compensating the original artist? If not, it's not allowed.

You'll never know eFX had agreements with MR to use their molds & also make slight changes.

Anyway like I said it's very difficult to prove you "copied" other's work. As even with 1% difference the court might just not let it tru, since it's difficult to judge art.

Happens in all industries, car companies copying another's design, students copying other people's work but changes the wordings etc, Japan had been notorious for digging other companies trashcan to copy their technology stuff, and come up with their own, never got sued.
Stealing is an art.

I have no problem people making cast off the stuff they bought for use in customs, but selling them for profit is abit immoral, but then you should complain about those small time companies coming up with stuffs like "Blade Hunter", since they are actually making Blade Runner figure without any rights, just playing with the name.

eFX got the molds for the MR CE Stormtrooper helmet from MR. That is no discussion about it. Check out Rebelscum forums and you'll find that yourself. And even if someone wouldn't have the time to read threads on another forum, one can simply look at the prop's details and make a comparison.

Here is the ebay seller trying to offer a recast of MR CE/eFX PCR:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-War...lm_TV_Film_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item19e5ac1443

1554awm.jpg

eFX Collectibles:

https://www.efxcollectibles.com/c-11-istar-warsi.aspx

They are still for sale from eFX etailers:

[ame=https://www.amazon.com/EFX-Star-Stormtrooper-Helmet-Replica/dp/B005J35PG2]EFX-Star-Stormtrooper-Helmet-Replica - Amazon[/ame]

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=EFX10021&mode=retail

https://www.plasmainfusion.com/efx_anh_stormtrooper_helmet.htm

https://www.space-figuren.de/All-Ma...et-Life-Size-Replica-Star-Wars-ANH::6590.html

https://www.toy-palace.com/product_...New-Hope-Stormtrooper-Helmet-1-1-Replica.html

Now tell me if recasting like this is right to do... Maybe in some twisted minds like this seller it is...

Back