ebay recast head seller - question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, is this recast smaller than the original?

Haven't put it to the calipers yet, but to my eye it seems very, very close in size. Not going to be noticable on the figure if there is a minute difference. I suspect, as mentioned above, that they do make these from the original casts, the actual method of casting/printing may be different though, and not result in as sharp a finished product as HTs, but the size isn't affected.

I get that. I used to torrent a lot of movies (and Napster some music..yeah I'm old). I'm financially beter off now and I just buy/rent movies now (not to mention it's a lot more effort to find a decent copy and forget trying to get into an invitation-only torrent site). However, I did just grab the Harmy ANH but I feel justified in that I've owned 6 different versions/formats of the movie that I paid for.

Same with this. I own the HT ANH Luke, and if HT had offered the head seperately (and remotely reasonably priced), I probably would have bought it from them.

And I mean if you're in this hobby, you can't be TOO concerned about the copyrights of work being that a huge part of it is selling unlicenced character likenesses.
The Harmy is technically not illegal as long as you won the source material yourself. And yes you can easily be concerned about the copyrights. Just because they are illegally made copies or illegally made mass produced figures and something I want doesnt mean I have to buy it knowing its in violation of copyright laws.

I hope you're including anyone who's buying - or discussing - "intellectual property stolen to make a buck" figures such as "Weapons Advisor" and "Wasteland Ranger."

And there are threads on here dedicated to "custom projects" using recasts involving longtime members (and mods) going back many years. I get your point, I agree in principle, but it's a slippery slope every time this comes up.
I know I have been here much longer than you and for a long time people tried to keep it on the DL not threads straight out saying hey what about this recast. They use to be a time when members cared about fakes and recasts but sadly those days are long gone.

Back