Beware of the following AUCTION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katsal

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi people.

I have just come cross the following auction, and need to make people aware. This guy is selling every single high end LOTR statue, ranging from Balrog to Cave Troll.
With 0 feedback he is most likely looking to scam someone. Pictures on his auction are those from sideshow which also adds to the argument that this is a scam.

https://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZomar6331QQhtZ-1

It could be real, but I wouldn't be the one to risk it though.

I consider it a possibility a seller wants to get rid of his/her entire collection and therefore enters Ebay, having heard it is the fastes way to sell your stuff. And it is possible a seller doesn't have any camera. I've sold some stuff on the bay before and also had to refer to SS pictures for that reason. And we all have to start with 0 votes at some point, so it could be for real.

But for a newbie, this person knows too much about these auctions; a 'newbie' is not likely to place 'conditions of bidding' in the auction, referring for example to 'cancelling bids upon request'. Those are things you just don't think of for your first auction, you learn them along the way as you get more experience as a buyer/ seller. This makes me believe this person is not new to Ebay at all.

And he's not even being nice too: "I do not want to waste time with these auctions and hope you will not waste my time too" :confused:
OK, I don't waste your time, I just won't bid!

I agree with Battletroll. Too many comments that don't fit what you would expect from a first time seller. This person has some experience. Have fun sending them a personal check!

Well the guy is also selling some toybiz items and they aren't stock photo's so he either has a digital camera or he stole someone's pictures.

Battletroll said:
But for a newbie, this person knows too much about these auctions; a 'newbie' is not likely to place 'conditions of bidding' in the auction, referring for example to 'cancelling bids upon request'. Those are things you just don't think of for your first auction, you learn them along the way as you get more experience as a buyer/ seller. This makes me believe this person is not new to Ebay at all.

There's that, and the fact that he lists Saruman as Edition Number 187. The only 187 that's going on here is this guy's murdering of proper spelling and grammar.

I bet he stole the Toybiz pics from previous auctions to add some credibility to his Weta sales.

Fritz said:
Well the guy is also selling some toybiz items and they aren't stock photo's so he either has a digital camera or he stole someone's pictures.

If he stole the pictures, that adds to the evidence against him being an honest seller. If he does have a camera, then he intentionally failed to photograph the most valuable items up for sale. Either way, I think he is highly suspect. No Paypal could mean they want to avoid the fees, but they might also be trying to avoid the buyer protection it offers.

I would enjoy bidding on the big rog since we are practically neighbors..and it would be cheap for shipping..but I may just end up with a lot of heartache and stress..dont need either of those..:rolleyes:

"It has the best details and color i was fascinated."

LOL!!!!!

What a funny auction description!

It somehow reminds me of the old Saturday Night Live skit about the hypnotist who had the most popular show on Broadway. All the critics were saying, "I loved it. It was much better than Cats. I'm going to see it again and again." The people walking out of the theater had a glazed look on their faces and were saying, "I loved it. It was much better than Cats. I'm going to see it again and again." Etc.

bid if you got the money

All payment Must be Recived Within 5 Days of Auction Ends Via Bank Deposit or Money Order or Well Concealed Cash

LOL!!!

gtb said:
I don't think he knows much by putting a Cave Troll pic and says that it is the witch-king of Angmar statue...
https://cgi.ebay.com.au/Lord-of-the...038994628QQcategoryZ52337QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
:D That's what you get for posting this much auctions. You hit the button to create a similar auction and forget to change the title. Could just have been a result of posting many auctions at the same time.
He could use a spellchecker too. But it wouldn't be the first to act semi-dumb in an auction. It makes unknowing people less suspicious. Or he really didn't take the time for these auctions. He did say he didn't want to waste his time on them.

About the Cave Troll: "It has the best details and color i was fascinated. It has only beeen opened for inspection."
You like it so much yet keep it in the box all the time? Just like those other statues like Balrog, Sam & Bill, Witchking etc.?
Admitted, I keep many of my statues boxed too for lack of display space, but I sometimes change the best and I can't believe anyone would keep all the grail pieces just boxed up when you had them 'since the beginning'.
But still it could be possible, if you really have no display space, or kept them as an investment.

About Bilbo & Saruman (10-day listing): "this is a one day auction only and i am starting them off at reasonable price" :confused:
If it said '1' it could have been a typo. Maybe he changed his mind and forgot to change the text.

I dont remember if he had the same name but the same items appeared not too long ago and the seller ended up canceling all the items.

I remember emailing him too. I asked him about how come he had pics of the action figures and not the statues. Of course, I never got a response.

The bidders right now could be himself or his own friends on the scam.

:stick stay away

tremulant said:
I dont remember if he had the same name but the same items appeared not too long ago and the seller ended up canceling all the items.

I remember emailing him too. I asked him about how come he had pics of the action figures and not the statues. Of course, I never got a response.

The bidders right now could be himself or his own friends on the scam.

:stick stay away

Pretty sure it was the same person (allyson8133)

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6775

He/she was reported and delisted as he was claimimg to have the Lego/Gimli statue already in his/her posession.

The Balrog he was selling last time had a different number but both auctions are in Australia, bot zero feedback and both use the same phrase(s).

i am serious about this i want you to be serious about this and no mucking around please.

Not looked at all the auctions so no idea if there is any obvious breaking of Ebays rules like he did last time with Leg/Gimli (a mistake he/she's not repeated)

Sounds pretty shady to me too... I don't get that feeling of trust that you so need in transactions on ebay. It just sounds like he's holding a gun screaming...

"BUY THE FRAKKING FIGURE OR THE KITTEN GETS IT!!!! :horror

yeah, not someone I'd want to do business with at all. I know on my auctions, I try to sound like a real person.. Make it a little more personal so that they understand that I am not a scam artist... Some people are just stupid..:confused:

Looks like he's just cancelled all the SSW items!?

They were all there a minute ago and now they're gone - "item invalid..." :rolleyes:

Best Advice I could give anyone looking to buy a Sideshow Statue is this... if you feel uncomfortable in any way, don't bid or buy. An established seller with tons of feedback makes me more at ease. Zero feedback or hardly none, no way do I take the chance.

goliath said:
Looks like he's just cancelled all the SSW items!?

They were all there a minute ago and now they're gone - "item invalid..." :rolleyes:

It might've been me. I did report it but not before I sent him an email asking him
How many balrogs do you have? last time you listed 0906 and now 0519. I have a friend in Australia if you allow pick up.
He did respond-
hi .. i have two :) yeah you can pick up after i recived the money though. thnx for looking goodluck
You have two and no pics??? yea right.
He'll probably list em' again in a few months anyway:rolleyes:

Last edited:
tremulant said:
His response -hi .. i have two yeah you can pick up after i recived the money though. thnx for looking goodluck
Pick up after he receives the money!? He just as well could say "Give me your money, s*cker, and you never see it back". What happened to money on pickup? Especially on such an item that would be the normal thing to offer.

So much for 'the benefit of the doubt' for this seller. Such a response just screams 'scammer'.

omar6331 reply said:
hi sorry for the late reply..well this is what happened i moved to my gfs place, my stuff is stored in storage king, i ahve them all boxed up in boxes but i dunt have the actual pictures.. thing is if the price dunt go upto my expectation within 1 hr of end of auction i will end them early ...that way i dunt have to pay a lot of ebay fees cause i started them off at .99 cents :) if ppl think i am a scammer welll i cant help it :)
regards

I emailed him about these auctions...and the above was his reply....Shady at best! Bid at your own peril...

Back