Better Trilogy: Raimi's Spider-Man or Nolan's Dark Knight?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you think is better: Raimi's Spider-Man or Nolan's Dark Knight?

• Raimi's Spider-Man

Votes: 23 13.8%
  • Nolan's Dark Knight

Votes: 144 86.2%

• Total voters
Really? :lol

On a serious note ALL news broadcast stations are biased one way or another.

Stfu you terrorist.

:yess:

Yupp the key is which one is least biased

ie; if Nolan retired from movies after TDKR and became president then void publishing an Op Ed on Nolan's policies. :lol

Who wants an excerpt. :lol

Same way your opinion that him dying would have been consistent with the rest of the story is just that - an opinion :lol

One of the overarching themes of the movie is pain. Probably the biggest theme in fact. Bruce had a painful episode in his childhood and ever since then he's been frozen in that moment. He's let the pain of that, compounded with the pain of Rachel's death take over his life, he's frozen in time - something that is mentioned in nearly every interview with Nolan or Bale about Bruce's state of mind.

TDKR is about moving on from that pain. Finding a way to get past it. What would all that talk about being frozen in time amount to if he just died at the end?

Alfred's entire purpose in TDKR is to make Bruce realize that there is another way to live.

:lecture

Anyone who says the retirement wasn't in the script wasn't paying attention. Auto-pilot, Batman grooming Robin, Alfred's speech, etc.

I'm a ****ing obsessed Batman nerd but even I don't think teh "EPIC NOLAN BATMAN TRILOGY" is anywhere near the quality of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films.

The characters are better (nearly every character, even secondary, has a brilliant arc). Arguably more work went into making them. Howard Shore's soundtrack and themes are better. The emotion is more powerful. The messages are more profound and relatable and it doesn't hit you in the head with them obnoxiously. The action is better as well as the effects shots. The actors are of a higher caliber (atleast their performances are in the films). There's literally no comparison, period. Well, other than a very strong opinion or if little people walking great distances for hours on end ain't your thing. If there's one problem I have it's that Return of the King is too grandiose. It's too excessive and too much. That's just a personal issue though that I've never seen anyone comment on.

I've been a Batman fan for almost my entire life, I wasn't interested in LOTR until the films came out but the Lord of the Rings trilogy is much more captivating.

Comparing LOTR to the modern Batman movies is like . . . comparing the same Batman films to the older Spider-Man films. It's silly.

Agreed. Except for the bit about ROTK, which is my favorite.

Here's a thought...what if they made a Batman film about one of the Batman Comic book stories...Like Long Halloween just for ex etc...would then Nam and Difabio be happy?

Prolly.

Raimi's Batman would be somewhere between Joel Schumacher and Tim Burton. Alfred would be a kick-ass ex-military guy with a mustache played by Bruce Campbell. Nolan's Spider-Man would be about a guy scaling the skyscrapers of New York like those real life Spider-Men. And he wouldn't be a genius and make his own web slinger. Morgan Freeman would give them to him and have some witty banter to make audiences laugh. Michael Caine would be Uncle Ben and would be featured prominently through flashbacks or a ghost to be Peter's moral compass :yess:

So yah, I agree with DiFab. Raimi's Batman > Nolan's Spider-Man

:lol I love this. worst thing is that I can picture both movies in my mind.

If I waz a trillionaire, I would finance a DiFabio/Void Batman movie. :horror

But Nam would be executive producer assigned to keep both from killing each other. :lol

Batman grooming Robin . . .

:monkey4

For a movie about BW being frozen, they made really crappy looking snow. :lol

I remember seeing this in July and August thinking, "in post production this will have a cold, wintery feel", I expected nice, cool blue cinematography.

The film comes out and looks faker than it did in person and they don't even show the Christmas or festive holiday decorations they set up nor does any of the snow look convincing.

Batman Returns winter feel (filmed inside studios, probably tons of fake ass snow) > The Dark Knight Rises winter feel (filmed across the world)

Not sure if srs

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

If I waz a trillionaire, I would finance a DiFabio/Void Batman movie. :horror

But Nam would be executive producer assigned to keep both from killing each other. :lol

NAM would retire with millions having canceled the doomed production and sold the DiFab/Void fight rights to Dana White and the UFC despite knowing the fight will play out like Dustin Diamond vs. Ron Palillo. :lecture:lecture:lecture

[ame]https://youtu.be/j1ZkdGJj2s8[/ame]

:monkey4

I remember seeing this in July and August thinking, "in post production this will have a cold, wintery feel", I expected nice, cool blue cinematography.

The film comes out and looks faker than it did in person and they don't even show the Christmas or festive holiday decorations they set up nor does any of the snow look convincing.

Batman Returns winter feel (filmed inside studios, probably tons of fake ass snow) > The Dark Knight Rises winter feel (filmed across the world)

:exactly:

:(

NAM would retire with millions having canceled the doomed production and sold the DiFab/Void fight rights to Dana White and the UFC despite knowing the fight will play out like Dustin Diamond vs. Ron Palillo. :lecture:lecture:lecture

https://youtu.be/j1ZkdGJj2s8

:yess:
:rotfl

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I thought the snow was fine.

However, I agree that Returns feels more like a winter/Christmas movie.

Back