BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any know any good cool white puck lights. I looked at ikea but theirs is that warm white. Ones that plugs in is ideal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rofl "and the UK sucks also"

I just did a google image search on "snarky ******".
This is what came up,, pfffft I'm not lying..

snark.jpg

p.s. : I am kinda new here "incrysis" and so don't know the proper protocol, but please come back... seriously your comment was wicked funny and made me laugh so much that I shot mashed potato out my nose..

much love to all freaks :)

ok, so question on light pucks. Just got my first Besta Shelves. WOO. And i've got glass shelves throughout in my besta. Is it better to put one light per shelf, or put all three in the top, and let the light shine down from the top to the bottom?

or, as an alternative, would it be better to put them in the door, or inside the unit using something like these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722TYQCZ?psc=1

Last edited:
Whats the best way to set up the bestas? All single boxes connected or as many larger units as you can? I have a couple of spots I want to set them up in but not sure if I should get 4 boxes or two doubles... does it even matter? I guess if you do singles you can keep adding them as you get statues lol.

If you get single boxes the edges must end up being quite thick. The interior shelves are thinner than the top and bottom surfaces. So you'll get some quite significant borders betweeen each box. Also, it won't be as secure if you don't fix them to each other and to the wall.

Basically, I wouldn't recommend it. I'd only get the small ones to place them separately.

Draw up what you want, and try to get the proper cabinets to achieve that.

BTW. Here's a video of my display and the evolution of it.

If you get single boxes the edges must end up being quite thick. The interior shelves are thinner than the top and bottom surfaces. So you'll get some quite significant borders betweeen each box. Also, it won't be as secure if you don't fix them to each other and to the wall.

Basically, I wouldn't recommend it. I'd only get the small ones to place them separately.

Draw up what you want, and try to get the proper cabinets to achieve that.

BTW. Here's a video of my display and the evolution of it.

Sweet evolution dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info Chris, nice display as well:clap. Do the frame units come with those feet or are they sold thru ikea separately? Ive got a besta in my closet but dont remember an option for the feet.

Thanks for the info Chris, nice display as well:clap. Do the frame units come with those feet or are they sold thru ikea separately? Ive got a besta in my closet but dont remember an option for the feet.

They have quite a few options for feet actually. I used ones called Nannarp.

I am in the process of setting my new bestas up. This thread has been very useful!

IMG_2077.JPG

Nice video! Thanks for sharing!
Earlier in the year I bought a Pax unit and realized about a week ago that I didn't think things through and that it was purchased in haste. Bought a 2x1 Besta over the weekend and will buying another 3x1 in the next month or so. I'll post pictures once I have the entire setup finished.

Dude sweet! Do these consist of single double and triple? And what size is the smaller one?

On the left is the 3 cube tall version. Then on the right its the floor standing two cube one (wish I did a 3 cube one since I had the room haha).

The little one is the Besta wall cabinet. It is 23 5/8x7 7/8 x 15 ". It is meant to be put horizontally but I chose to use it vertically to fit in that little wall space between the cabinet in the wall. I also figured it added some visual interest. I have no idea what what I am going to put in it but its definitely perfect for a 1/4 scale figure.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29046639/

On the left is the 3 cube tall version. Then on the right its the floor standing two cube one (wish I did a 3 cube one since I had the room haha).

The little one is the Besta wall cabinet. It is 23 5/8x7 7/8 x 15 ". It is meant to be put horizontally but I chose to use it vertically to fit in that little wall space between the cabinet in the wall. I also figured it added some visual interest. I have no idea what what I am going to put in it but its definitely perfect for a 1/4 scale figure.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29046639/

Thank you!

Back