BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about getting the legs for my bestas, mainly because I like the way they look, but I feel like they'll be more stable without them.

This is probably a pretty dumb tip, but I got Sindvik doors and didn't like how the bottom of the door frame hid a couple inches of view-able space. I simply took a best shelf and put on bottom of the frame. It slid in right below the door hinge and raised everything to almost the top of the door frame.

I was thinking about getting the legs for my bestas, mainly because I like the way they look, but I feel like they'll be more stable without them.

Get legs!
I have a 3x3 besta cabinets on legs with zero stability issues.

IMG_4551.jpg

Wondering if anyone here used glass shelves instead. I'm kind of worried cause ikea sold me on the idea of needing just one light cause with glass shelves it would illuminate thru... but weight limit is 22 lbs supposedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably a pretty dumb tip, but I got Sindvik doors and didn't like how the bottom of the door frame hid a couple inches of view-able space. I simply took a best shelf and put on bottom of the frame. It slid in right below the door hinge and raised everything to almost the top of the door frame.

Not dumb at all, I do the same thing. :wink1: :hi5:

So I just picked up a Besta and now looking into installing lights . I purchased the darker case ( 75inches ) so I definitely need some leds .

I know it was discussed sporadic about what Leds you guys use but I'm really dumb when it comes to this stuff .

Anyone have any advice on what you guys consider to be the best and what exactly you would recommend i purchase ( power pack etc )

Thanks in advance fellow freaks

I anchored with 3" wood screws and large washer...straight thru back of cabinet into wall studs. also, I have used typical cable with eye bolts scewed into studs. Can get little kits on amazon.com

Does anyone else use the 4 screw in shelf Pegs per shelf for the XM pieces or it it just me ? Which do you prefer ?

I use these

But also have these

Anybody had any luck finding mirrors to install in the back of their bestas? Saw some posts from back in 2012 but looks like Ikea didn't have that option anymore.

Anybody had any luck finding mirrors to install in the back of their bestas? Saw some posts from back in 2012 but looks like Ikea didn't have that option anymore.

i would contact a local glass/mirror shop, likely your best bet.

For people with the Glassvik doors, what hinges are you using/recommend getting? Noticed that the page for the doors indicates that hinges aren't included so I figured I'd ask. Looking to move some of my stuff from my Billy shelf to a new Besta.

For people with the Glassvik doors, what hinges are you using/recommend getting? Noticed that the page for the doors indicates that hinges aren't included so I figured I'd ask. Looking to move some of my stuff from my Billy shelf to a new Besta.

Soft closing. The only one they do afaik.

That's what I thought but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask! Hopefully they're easier to attach to the shelf than the hinges that went with my Billy case.

I have LED strips running along the top, sides and bottom at the front lip of each Besta cabinet. Trim of the Sandvik doors hides them well when looking at the display except when at a pretty good angle (like sitting on my couch). Then I can see the individual LED strips. Thinking of adhering something to the door along the left and top of each cabinet to 'mask' the strip but don't want to block them reducing the lighting in the cabinet itself. Any ideas? Something like a clear cable management sleeve would work but they only come in solid white. And from what I have seen LED strip diffusers are crazy expensive for what they are...looking for a cheap hack. Thanks!

Does anyone know which Besta I can use to put my Sideshow/HCG 1:2 endoskeleton on top of? A little overwhelmed with the options right now.

Back