BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went stuva as all in all it wasn't too expensive and I didn't quite have the space for a pax

I MAY go with the Stuva - I liked your pics a lot.

Random question: Does the white scratch/show scratches easily?

I had Bestas in brown/black and they scratched/chipped easily in our first move.

Do the besta doors fit on the stuvas? I know they are the same width but the hinges line up with the holes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Bestas in brown/black and they scratched/chipped easily in our first move.

Not that I have noticed to be honest, so I'd say no. But I haven't really moved mine much and there hasn't really been a cause for them to get scratched if that was a possibility.

Do the besta doors fit on the stuvas? I know they are the same width but the hinges line up with the holes?

Do indeed. Think of it as just a deeper besta.

:exactly: :)

Just bought my first two Bestas and have a few questions for those withdrawal Besta experience.

1) there's a slight sway from side to side when I push onto the side of the Besta. Is that normal?

2) do you guys recommend locking one of the shelfs with the Besta included "hooked hinges" for further stability or do most just use the normal shelf included hinges?

Thanks all.

All Besta/Stuva use a Foil wrap over particle board. Some pieces are internally just wavy cardboard inside. This stuff is made to be placed in a room and left alone. Yes it is easy to scratch the coating whether you buy white, or black/brown, it is a cheap foil wrap coating. It is not like a Melamine particle board you would buy at your local Home Depot. That Melamine board is much more scratch resistant than the stuff Ikea sells.

Just bought my first two Bestas and have a few questions for those withdrawal Besta experience.

1) there's a slight sway from side to side when I push onto the side of the Besta. Is that normal?

2) do you guys recommend locking one of the shelfs with the Besta included "hooked hinges" for further stability or do most just use the normal shelf included hinges?

Thanks all.

The included Shelf mounts with the Tall Besta are supposed to be used to lock in a minimum of two shelves. The Besta will sway left to right either way. You can anchor to a wall, or start placing some statues on them which seems to stop the swaying a little. Either way Ikea recommends you anchor to a wall.

If using more than one unit screwing them together adds stability.

I tried making an extra two grooves in a shelf, for added peace of mind, but they are totally hollow with cardboard material inside them.
As lotus said, they are cheap for a reason.

Wow didn't realize they're hollow inside. Is there a real chance of these shelfs or units collapsing with 2 Premium Formats on each shelf or are they stable enough to at least hold that.

Also, I haven't read this whole thread but are there recommendations on how to stabilize these things further besides what you guys have mentioned?

Wow didn't realize they're hollow inside. Is there a real chance of these shelfs or units collapsing with 2 Premium Formats on each shelf or are they stable enough to at least hold that.

Also, I haven't read this whole thread but are there recommendations on how to stabilize these things further besides what you guys have mentioned?

Let me Google that for you so you can see people with thousands of dollars of Statues using this Besta System. I think you'll be ok. They hold a good amount of weight.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ike...ved=0ahUKEwil3f2nzZXLAhUGKCYKHZ9PAdgQ_AUIBygC

I dont remember where i saw it but did someone post their besta shelf with metal support brackets? Just curious what you used and how you installed it. Im thinking of adding just in case but havent seen any issues yet.

My current setup:

25354759365_0594978283_h.jpg

Hi guys, been thinking about getting a few bestas for statues.

Currently have a horizontal Besta (47 inches long) which i use to raise my detolfs. However, i was thinking of stacking 2 vertical Bestas side by side ON TOP of my horizontal besta. This is because the measurements / width of a vertical besta fits 2 perfectly on top of a horizontal besta. Essentially using a Besta to raise a couple of Bestas.

I havent seen any examples of people doing this, in fact i have seen very few examples of people raising their bestas.

a few questions;
1) is my idea of stacking 2 vertical bestas (76 inches tall) on top of a horizontal besta a good idea? can it hold the weight especially when loaded with statues?
2) is there a reason why most dont bother raising their bestas?

Any ideas and advise would be so appreciated.

Looks great Collectorcol. I envision building something similar as my collection grows.

Back