BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you need depth stuva. I keep banging on about them :lol
If you don't need depth besta

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a collection thread? I'd like to see how your setup is. I'd honestly like both. I've had Bestas and really struggled to fit the Thing PF and OG Hulk PF (and really couldn't fit them, TBH), but what would I be sacrificing with the Stuva. Never even heard of that model.

The other thing I'll need is glass doors, which I know will cost an arm and a leg. My goal is two big units on either side of the TV.

Quick pic of mine so you can see, that Optimus and hulk fit in there. Same as besta just deeper and like col says just in white (but that's the best colour to show of collectibles imo)

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a collection thread? I'd like to see how your setup is. I'd honestly like both. I've had Bestas and really struggled to fit the Thing PF and OG Hulk PF (and really couldn't fit them, TBH), but what would I be sacrificing with the Stuva. Never even heard of that model.

The other thing I'll need is glass doors, which I know will cost an arm and a leg. My goal is two big units on either side of the TV.

If you are looking to have more depth , and width than Stuva You can get into the Wardrobe system called PAX from ikea.

Here is a link to many displays featuring the Ikea PAX Wardobe system. Please note the Door glass is not something Ikea sells. These people have purchased the Pax Wardrobe and the Door Frame from ikea, then went to their local Acrylic supply company and ordered pre fitted sheets.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ike...0ahUKEwiX9LfpmvzKAhUkkYMKHS6eAeAQsAQIPw&dpr=1

Whether you go with Besta/Stuva/PAX you will spend over 1000 at the minimum to build a sizable display.

Also note that rumors have it that the Tombo all glass doors are coming back under different name. Rumors show we will get them in April of this year.

You guys have been a big help. And now I have a boat load of questions....

So let me get this straight....In terms of size PAX>Struva>Besta?

And in terms of Struva, which EXACT model are you guys using? Col, thanks for the link, but I think its the UK website, so it's not a lot of help.

And in terms of PAX, again, which EXACT model are you guys using?

I'm really appreciative of the help. This is pretty excited. I'm definitely prepared to invest in these, but I want to make a sound decision first before going all out.

You guys have been a big help. And now I have a boat load of questions....

So let me get this straight....In terms of size PAX>Struva>Besta?

And in terms of Struva, which EXACT model are you guys using? Col, thanks for the link, but I think its the UK website, so it's not a lot of help.

And in terms of PAX, again, which EXACT model are you guys using?

I'm really appreciative of the help. This is pretty excited. I'm definitely prepared to invest in these, but I want to make a sound decision first before going all out.

Honeslty you need to take a trip to Ikea to see these in person. Its much easier to understand. Pax is the Largest and takes up major space. If you looked at the link I posted showing people who have Pax displays, you can tell they are very large. You are talking 93" tall by 29" wide. They also make a Shorter version, but most people prefer the taller 93" model.

To use sliding door frames, you need to buy 2 frames and bolt together.
Here is the link showing 2 frames ready for sliding doors to be installed:
Article Number:
PAX 2 wardrobe frames - white stained oak effect - IKEA

/
/
As for the sliding doors Ikea sells the frames without insert panels.
Article Number:
PAX Pair of sliding door frames & rail - 78 3/4x92 7/8 " - IKEA
/
/
Finally you remove the four rails on each door and install a full sheet of Acrylic panel that you would have cut at your local Acrylic Plexiglas dealer.
/
/
All in all you will spend over 1000 for any of these systems so dont let the cheap Frame prices fool you. Besta Frames are around 60-80 , Stuva Frames are about 10-15.00 cheaper, and Pax frames around 180.00 for two. Its all the hardware, Doors, shelves that add up :)

I personally went with Besta because you can make them into different configurations like stacking them, hanging them, Corner loading them, whereas the Pax is the closest to having what your local comic store has for their displays. Pax gives you more of a museum style display.

Thank you so much for the info. I have an ikea not too far away. I'm leaning towards PAX or Struva. I've had Bestas and don't really fit my needs at the moment.

Thank you so much for the info. I have an ikea not too far away. I'm leaning towards PAX or Struva. I've had Bestas and don't really fit my needs at the moment.

No problem... Yeah the PAX is in a whole other class. The Stuva would be the same as Besta but instead of 15 3/4 depth you get 19 5/8 depth. The Stuva only comes in white which is great for Marvel collectors. Colors pop.

Stuva was on sale last weekend about 20.00 cheaper per frame than Besta. It was not a yellow tag, just a price reduction on the printed tag itself. Wasnt even an Ikea Family sale, I think they just reduced the price of them.

My first time with a besta what do you guys think?
I know it's crowded, I'll buy another one when they go on sale again.

By the way im selling the Carnage, harley quinn exclusive,and the shaak ti exclusive. I have post over at the for sale thread.

a3599969287714ef0ef31732b4f558ce.jpg
525237b1d80f8b1a18dd5ff6f81e9e99.jpg
4e58f5e8494ec50f59459775d40ecbcb.jpg
732dd2c9b561a8e4ee766711e67723de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumb question guys: Are there such thing as a 'single' PAX???

I'm seeing these doubles (58 inches wide???) but I wouldn't have enough space on the wall that I'm looking to decorate. I can't find a 'single' version.

My goal is TV in center. Then a "single" PAX to its left and right.

And that's another thing, does it come with shelves like a Besta would???

Why is this so hard for me??? :lol

And that's another thing, does it come with shelves like a Besta would???

Why is this so hard for me??? :lol

Let me google that for you :)

Link to all Besta frames. They come with nothing at all. You buy the Frame, you buy shelves, you buy hinges, you buy doors.
Frames - BESTÅ system - IKEA

Link to all Pax frames. You buy them as singles 29" wide and Bolt together. I broke this all out in my previous post too
Search result - IKEA
Same as besta they don't come with anything you buy it all separate.

My first time with a besta what do you guys think?
I know it's crowded, I'll buy another one when they go on sale again.

By the way im selling the Carnage, harley quinn exclusive,and the shaak ti exclusive. I have post over at the for sale thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting with one is better than none. Since you went with white, you can also buy Stuva which are a little cheaper than Besta frames and are 19.5 inch deep for the larger statues that need more depth than 16" .

Welcome to the club. :hi5:

Let me google that for you :)

Link to all Besta frames. They come with nothing at all. You buy the Frame, you buy shelves, you buy hinges, you buy doors.
Frames - BESTÅ system - IKEA

Link to all Pax frames. You buy them as singles 29" wide and Bolt together. I broke this all out in my previous post too
Search result - IKEA
Same as besta they don't come with anything you buy it all separate.

Lotus, you rock buddy. I swear I am capable of googling things, but I literally cannot find it. :lol

Repped! :rock

(But I will likely have more questions....:lol)

Back