BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a lot of people sometimes place statues on top of their Bestas, but does anyone know what the maximum weight is when it comes to doing that? I have a Sideshow snow troll that I don't have room for. Not sure if I'm going to sell him or keep him, but if I do keep him, he'll have to go on top of a Besta.

Thanks. Can't get the IKEA website to load right now for some reason.

I know a lot of people sometimes place statues on top of their Bestas, but does anyone know what the maximum weight is when it comes to doing that? I have a Sideshow snow troll that I don't have room for. Not sure if I'm going to sell him or keep him, but if I do keep him, he'll have to go on top of a Besta.

I don't know how heavy that is but I have Apocalypse, Galactus and XM Thanos on bestas with no issues. They've all been there since the statues were first released too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the Glassvik doors the preferred option for most people right now? I was looking through the earlier posts in this thread and the old (and now discontinued) doors look a lot better.

I just bought a 50 inch high BestA the other day and noticed that part of the hardware to secure the sides, tops and bottoms are made of plastic. I hope this plastic hardware holds up, because all metal parts were a better quality. :dunno

I just bought a 50 inch high BestA the other day and noticed that part of the hardware to secure the sides, tops and bottoms are made of plastic. I hope this plastic hardware holds up, because all metal parts were a better quality. :dunno

Seriously? They're plastic now? :ohbfrank:

Um, I am missing some holes in this piece, correct?

IMG_2422.jpg
IMG_2423.jpg
IMG_2424.jpg

Oh dear! Looks like it.

I've been getting Ikea furniture for years, love it, but have recently noticed the quality going down hill.
Poor laminating, scuffs (recently had to get a piece replaced), metal parts replaced with plastic, metal rails and rollers (on draws) replaced with plastic running on plastic...

Confirmed it was defective and went back to Ikea to get a replacement.

I bought two 75" tall dark brown Besta frames and some shelves to get the display started. Holding off on doors for now, going to see if the Tombo is actually coming back. The only other thing I picked up was a small solid door to go on the bottom of the frames.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have an old white Besta (not the new "redesign" with the brighter white) that they don't want?

I really regret not getting an extra before the change. :ohbfrank:

Where abouts are you though? Doubt you are near me :lol

Alas, probably not.

I need to find someone with one that's still boxed up and could be easily shipped. I check Craigslist every 3-4 weeks, but nothing yet.

Unopened? That's a big ask. I am sure it should be easy enough to get one. Good luck :rock

Well, the odds of finding someone out here within driving distance seem very slim. There are cows across the street from me, man. I'm WAY OUT. :lol

Back