BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they're like flat discs so you can level the cabinet on uneven floors.
Don't add anything to the aesthetics.

That can actually be more helpful to me since I do have uneven floors in the area where I want to create my display. Thanks.

Are the hinges from the old besta line compatible with the new sindvik doors? Also are the older besta shelves compatible with the new units?

I have tile floors in the room. The Besta modules seem very stable being flat on the floor. I dont think of Ikea furniture as being "traditional" like a Standard Curio cabinet , having 4 raised legs. Leaving the Besta sit on the floor seems very modern to me, and gives my wall a "built in" cabinet look vs a cabinet that has been placed against my wall.

I actually peruse Ikea a lot, but truthfully until you bring home a piece and place it in your home, you wont truly know if you like the look.

As for the bottom doors I do agree they add a visual lift to the whole display, I just need to decide on Doors, or Drawers, or a mix of both.

A little bit about myself, I have always created and built things myself. One example is buying a couple of ikea frosted glass /metal outdoor picnic tables that were on clearance and built this display out of them along with some Acrylic.

14549174723_eb91b55faa_c.jpg

Then taking some Detolfs and placing them horizontal on top of the upper "picnic" table.

11015889263_0041c9d66e_c.jpg

Which Resulted in creating this effect from the front.

11015762506_670c63c250_c.jpg

PS I have never told anyone how I created my Batman display until now :) I dont think you would ever know they are outdoor Picnic tables.

Anyway this Besta venture is not about the money although nice for the discount, but more so about creativity. These Besta cubes dont tell a story to show my friends on "how I did that" Or " who made that" kind of a feel. When friends and family come over they will just say " oh you got some Bestas from Ikea" :)

I do appreciate everyone's opinion, It gives me a different perspective, and this is what a community forum is for. :hi5:

hello do you happen to have the measurements of the 7 hall of armors. the length of the HoA when it is joined together , as well as the width of the arc (from the back of the middle HoA to the front tip of the side HoA) . Im trying to get a custom Besta that can fit the 7 HoA but i dont happen to have the dimensions.

hello do you happen to have the measurements of the 7 hall of armors. the length of the HoA when it is joined together , as well as the width of the arc (from the back of the middle HoA to the front tip of the side HoA) . Im trying to get a custom Besta that can fit the 7 HoA but i dont happen to have the dimensions.

They won't come close to fitting, you won't fit three in there. Those measurements are somewhere in the HOA thread in the Marvel section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my legs put on the other day. Man what a difference in the look. What the hell have I been waiting on? :slap :lol

First time Besta builder. Ordering just one so far. Is there anything I am forgetting? Is there anything you guys would change?

1 Besta Frame
3 Glassvik Glass Doors
2 Besta Shelves
3 Besta Soft Closing/Push Open Hinges
Stubbarp Legs for Besta (Do I even really need these...???)
Cool White Dimmable LED lights from Barlighting.com

Thank you all!!!

I have the same items as yours and ask some questions in this forum recently. I have now installed one six cabinets row and one four cabinets row and below are what I learned:

Having the legs make it easier to run wires if you have more than one cabinets and also the cabinets are more stable. I have the three shelves Frame and I found that the length of the wire (DIODER light) from the top shelf to bottom is a bit short...meaning you need to have the transformer close to the shelf.

If you open all the three doors it can fall on you. The spacing of the cabinet to secure it to the wall does not match the 2x4 stud spacing inside the drywall. (assuming your wall is drywall)
I bought the cheapest 1x4 (8 feet) from HD for less than $2 and attached it to the wall. The wood is very rough but will do the job.
I used one #10 3in screw to secured the first hole behind the first cabinet direct to the wall stud. For the second hole of the first cabinet and the others I secured the cabinets to the 1x4 stud with #10 2.5 in screw. As a result the back of the cabinets range from 1.5 to 2 inches away from the wall.

When drilling hole at the back of the cabinet for the lighting wire use normal drill bit. (I used metal drill bit to get pretty clean round hole)
Do not use spade bit. Unless you are sure that you will not change the shelf location do not drill the wire hole too close to the bottom of the shelf in order to allow future adjustment of the shelf location.

When installing the LED strip light at the top of the statue find the best location. Putting the light too close to the door will result in the light less evenly distributed where the back of the cabinet much darker than the front.

Originally I wanted to Glassvik door to sit flush to the top of the cabinet but I found that this is not easy to do for all the cabinets. So I installed the top door slightly lower than the top of the cabinet. This will allow more space of adjusting the door and always use a level tool to make sure the cabinet and door are level. This will result in the lowest door sit flush or close to the bottom of the shelf and hence there will be a problem opening the door if the cabinet do not have legs.

Hi guys, just set up my new besta cabinet from ikea, I think it would look better with a glass door and maybe some lighting, can anyone link me the items needed from ikea or at least just tell me what to search for. :)

The measuremeants for my cabinet are, 60cm x 128cm, I only have the one shelf as I have PF's in the cabinet. Do I need the Glassvik glass doors 60cm x 64cm?

Any help is appreciated :)

I went to IKEA this weekend to pick up two medium sized Bestas with Glassvik doors. Unfortunately the doors were out of stock so I'll be making another trip mid week. I picked up some DIODER strip lighting but wanted to ask how many strips are typically used in each compartment? I ask because they look rather short, so I wasn't sure if two are typically liked together or just the one for each door.

15dc686d-3d69-40f8-abda-4f2c5f00ca20_zps49cac3d9.jpg

In my pic I used 2 detolfs laying Horizontally starting with the front of display to the rear where HOA is. I used the rear glass from the inside of the second detolf to place on top of the HOA.

I think if you used two Large Bestas horizontally and removed the Back card board from the second Besta, then install metal straps on outside to bolt them together, you would have plenty of interior space. Keep in mind in some places Besta's are made of foil wrapped hollow core. This is not even traditional solid Particle board.

For your application I would recommend just building a nice large box out of wood to form around your HOA instead of using Besta's.

Back