BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great but you need to place a sideshow apple on one of the shelves to show scale.
(⌒-⌒; )

Until today, the planner was still blank for me. Finally got something new started.

besta-stuva.jpg

1. Alien Warrior LSB.
2. 1:5 Elder Pred statue and [if one of these eBay options pans out] 1:5 Wolf Pred statue.
3. King Hulk.
4. P1 LSB + Masked Hunter LSB or P2 LSB.
5. Godzilla Maquette. The rest are Besta frames, but this one is a Stuva. That's why I went all white. I figure the legs and doors from the Besta line should still work?

Until today, the planner was still blank for me. Finally got something new started.

View attachment 177423

1. Alien Warrior LSB.
2. 1:5 Elder Pred statue and [if one of these eBay options pans out] 1:5 Wolf Pred statue.
3. King Hulk.
4. P1 LSB + Masked Hunter LSB or P2 LSB.
5. Godzilla Maquette. The rest are Besta frames, but this one is a Stuva. That's why I went all white. I figure the legs and doors from the Besta line should still work?

Did you use the same sketch program Kaiju?

I've been looking into getting a BESTÅ Storage combination w/glass doors and seeing in the instructions that it is saying it needs to be wall mounted, and was curious to see if it really needs to be wall mounted. I've been looking around online and it seems like the BESTA's are fairly sturdy but thought I'd check in here for some feedback. :)

I've been looking into getting a BESTÅ Storage combination w/glass doors and seeing in the instructions that it is saying it needs to be wall mounted, and was curious to see if it really needs to be wall mounted. I've been looking around online and it seems like the BESTA's are fairly sturdy but thought I'd check in here for some feedback. :)

Doesn't have to be. Mine aren't. The doors are separate and aren't as heavy as some of IKEA's bathroom setups where you need a wall mount or it'll tip over trying to open the door.

It's more of a safety precaution -> if someone bangs into the cabinet, earthquake, or a kid hangs off one of the doors, etc. But I wouldn't say "mounted" to the wall, it's just securing the top, because the weight of the whole thing is still supported by the floor.

Did you use the same sketch program Kaiju?

That looks like it might be IKEA's own Besta Planner.

It's their planner. It went blank for a few days while they loaded the new products. I'm using it to plan the room as much as I can, though, so I start in the planner and continue in Photoshop. Minus the wall art, though, that's all their planner.

Thanks dw316 and Pixelpiper, I had similar thoughts but just wanted to be sure before I picked up some of these. Looking forward to finally displaying some of my stuff!

What I do is extend the front legs a little bit and that leans the Besta back into the wall. Once thats done its pretty hard to tip it forward.

The IKEA web sites are probably all undergoing updates, as you'll notice the color selection for the different pieces is inconsistent on the Australian site. In Canada the entire Besta System top-level is missing - it comes up blank when selected from the search suggestions.

You also have some curious options in Australia that are missing elsewhere: The double-height frame and the shallow frames - all missing in the US (and UK I believe).

Custom Besta with a few more dollars thrown in to elevate it with an additional short frame at the bottom - full-size door. Optional trim added to face of frame in this example - moving the glass doors down a bit can eliminate the need for the trim.

IKEA-PAX+Besta---Sliding-Glass-Doors.jpg

The IKEA web sites are probably all undergoing updates, as you'll notice the color selection for the different pieces is inconsistent on the Australian site. In Canada the entire Besta System top-level is missing - it comes up blank when selected from the search suggestions.

You also have some curious options in Australia that are missing elsewhere: The double-height frame and the shallow frames - all missing in the US (and UK I believe).

On the German Ikea Page there is a notice that the Besta System will be online available mid of April

seoteaser_besta_201504_520x300.jpg

Back