BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish the tombos would have stuck around for longer around here but they disappeared quickly when they got discontinued. I have a feeling they shipped them to other stores they thought could sell the stock they had.

I bought a bunch of extra tombos that I still haven't used. Now I need to buy more bestas for future planning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, haha, I never got them when they were $50, then someone had posted they were being discontinued and store's had a sale on them and when I checked, I think the first price I saw them at was $20, bought me 3. Then they kept dropping, and I kept getting more to plan on the future. I think I used most of them now and I have 3 left, which will be used when I get the last few pieces for my last shelf-setup before they put in the new colors. I'm gonna check tomorrow to see the stock and whether or not I should wait for a discount.

Anyone know the best shelves to display the prime 1 statues of Megatron and Optimus Prime? with the depth of BESTA shelves being 40CM, the Megatron base is 63 CM, what would be the best shelves to get?

Nothing at IKEA is deep enough (almost 25" in your examples). The ones that come close are Pax and Sektion, both require creativity and customization.

Ok, so my IKEA already has the new walnut grey frames in stock. Also, the pieces I needed are still plenty and they have a 15% discount on them, but a 30% discount on some other BESTA doors and cabinets. Do you think I have time to wait it out a bit to see if the frames I need are discounted more? The sales rep said they have to get rid of all of them for the new line.

For anyone waiting to get the bestas, I just went to my ikea and their stock is much lower than indicated on their website. I went a little overboard with my purchases
396e97218acf12a1b372c2f1437fab56.jpg

My sister is at Ikea today so I told her to check the prices for me. I anticipate the new shelve-less Bestas to be $50 like the Stuvas so it's only worth getting them now if they are 30% off or so. The new colors won't mess up my display. Then just have to get the doors later.

Not my photo. Just saw this on FB. I think I'm going to go with the white Bestas after all. They look awesome with the black Glassvik.

As nice as that looks, I guess a Stuva setup with those doors would look just as slick. And it would be deeper!

I wish the Stuva had a 15" extension like the Besta. I want to set each of my 50" units on those so I have storage underneath and enough room on top for my tallest PFs.

You're stuck with the 3 basic sizes when choosing Stuva, but you can always toss a white Besta under there. If you don't see it from the side you won't notice it doesn't go all the way back.

That looks nice and makes me wish they did a white interior and black/brown exterior color

Back