BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some of you guys are in the know at ikea; any idea when they'll discount the old besta stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's already been confirmed, a few times, that they will be available come April.

:slap Would help if I did more than skim. I thought they were being updated/changed, hoping the current stock would be marked down, but then I jumped the gun and thought they were axed. My Ikea has a ton of black-brown Besta frames in stock. Gonna go see if they're on sale.

Checked out the new range today.

Don't know about the Black/Brown being much darker, looked very similar to me.
Maybe sloghtly darker :huh

The soft close hinges are very nice.

New door, only available in white is the LJUSVIK. 2.5" border with rounded inner corners.
Border is too thick and I don't like the finish, plus i'm using the darker option.

I loved my VASSBO but gave them to the wife, as viewing was too restricted, and bought the GLASSVIK.
Another new door is the SINDVIK. Same as the VASSBO but with a thinner 2" frame.
Really like them and actually prefer them over the GLASSVIK but I'm not changing all my doors again.

Last edited:
Checked out the new range today.

Don't know about the Black/Brown being much darker, looked very similar to me.
Maybe sloghtly darker :huh

The soft close hinges are very nice.

New door, only available in white is the LJUSVIK. 2.5" border with rounded inner corners.
Border is too thick and I don't like the finish, plus i'm using the darker option.

I loved my VASSBO but gave them to the wife, as viewing was too restricted, and bought the GLASSVIK.
Another new door is the SINDVIK. Same as the VASSBO but with a thinner 2" frame.
Really like them and actually prefer them over the GLASSVIK but I'm not changing all my doors again.

Really no pics of these new doors, for shame! Internet search came back nada.

Really no pics of these new doors, for shame! Internet search came back nada.
They'll be up next week.
Was wrestling with my son so didn't take pics, turn your back for a second and he's gone. Sorry :(

Pretty simple really... 2" Vassbo frame on the SINDVIK and plastic looking 2.5" white frame with rounded inner corners on the LJUSVIK.
GLASSVIK exactly the same :D

So guys, I have zero knowledge of besta's but I'm looking at them for displaying my 1/6th collection.

What I can gather are the cube ones are sold as just cubes? What are they called because I can't find them on IKEAS website...

So guys, I have zero knowledge of besta's but I'm looking at them for displaying my 1/6th collection.

What I can gather are the cube ones are sold as just cubes? What are they called because I can't find them on IKEAS website...

I found my old pic for you, it was several pages back. The individual ones are cubes, yes. Here's a link, they come in different frames. My setup is two 3x1 units in the back, a 1x2 in front of that, and both on top of shelf extensions (1x2). I am in the process of assembling my 3rd one next to that.

Frames - BESTÅ/INREDA system - IKEA

DSC03874.jpg

This one was someone else's setup a few pages back:

11067645_10153639245912004_1520414784463838646_n_zps2an4eudp.jpg

The series is just called Besta. There are a few different base cabinets available. It's one of IKEA's 4 or 5 main product series and even has its own product planner. If you type "besta" into the search field it will immediately pop up options, including the "series" option.

I found my old pic for you, it was several pages back. The individual ones are cubes, yes. Here's a link, they come in different frames. My setup is two 3x1 units in the back, a 1x2 in front of that, and both on top of shelf extensions (1x2). I am in the process of assembling my 3rd one next to that.

Frames - BESTÅ/INREDA system - IKEA

DSC03874.jpg

Ah thanks man, and you've been busy snagging all of those figs :lol sweet set up too

I wish there was an IKEA in Hawaii. Literally no shelf/cabinet options here and I can't ship here since IKEA doesn't have a store...

The series is just called Besta. There are a few different base cabinets available. It's one of IKEA's 4 or 5 main product series and even has its own product planner. If you type "besta" into the search field it will immediately pop up options, including the "series" option.

Thanks PP, I'll give it a whirl, like I said, not able to ship to hawaii due to no store which is ridiculous

Back