BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at getting a Besta cabinet to display my PF statues in. Is there any reason to go with the wide cabinet over the tall? Are these stack-able?

These are the ones that I'm looking at:
BESTÅ Shelf unit - white - IKEA
BESTÅ Shelf unit/height extension unit - white - IKEA

With either of these doors:
BESTÅ GLASSVIK Glass door - black/clear glass - IKEA
BESTÅ VASSBO Glass door - white, 23 5/8x25 1/4 " - IKEA

Though the first link (for doors), with the glass edge, seems to always be out of stock at my local Ikea.

According to what others have said the Glassvik doors have been discontinued. They are not available to order any longer from the website, and almost all stores are out of them and are supposedly not getting anymore in stock. There is supposed to be yet another new door that comes out in April sometime.

The Vassbo doors are still available and will work quite well with Bestas but they have pretty thick borders around them which will limit how much of the statue you will be able to see through the glass.

I'd just wait till April on doors to see what they come out with.

If you go many pages back, you can see my WIP w/ the extensions and 1x3s...

DSC03874.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I saw a few references to this, but understand what you were putting together now. It looks good.

According to what others have said the Glassvik doors have been discontinued. They are not available to order any longer from the website, and almost all stores are out of them and are supposedly not getting anymore in stock. There is supposed to be yet another new door that comes out in April sometime.

The Vassbo doors are still available and will work quite well with Bestas but they have pretty thick borders around them which will limit how much of the statue you will be able to see through the glass.

I'd just wait till April on doors to see what they come out with.

Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll wait a bit to see what they come out with. I'm not interested in the Vassbo doors if they're going to obscure my collectibles.

Had pen & paper out and found a plan to fit another three cube high cabinet in. I need more display space.
No way I'm going to replace all the doors again though, unless they come up with a one piece three cube door.

Last edited:
I was thinking longer Glassvik.
Wasn't there a diagram of a double door last year that never materialised?

I was told the Glassvik would be back, hopefully with more options.

Think I will take the gamble and get the Besta units and wait for the new doors to arrive. Hopefully they will fit just fine and ikea don't kick us in the nuts by changing the units too :/

Thinking of a black and a white and swapping over the back and shelves on each so everything alternates black and white. I'll post pictures although it might look like a disaster :p

possibly but really need the shelves. rock and a hard place really :/

I don't think you will have anything to worry about buying the shelves now. Besta's compatibility will surely stay the same and it's super doubtful they would get rid of their anchor colors, white and black-brown. Those options are staples of IKEA's entire product catalog.

I don't think you will have anything to worry about buying the shelves now. Besta's compatibility will surely stay the same and it's super doubtful they would get rid of their anchor colors, white and black-brown. Those options are staples of IKEA's entire product catalog.

Yes, you are likely right. Think I might go with the white to start with really in the hopes they do a pure black in the new relaunch.

Be careful, it's IKEA we're talking about! :wink1:
They did the same with Billy cabinets... changed the design and new Billy doors will not fit old Billy cabinets!

Be safe and wait a month...

The hole positioning and sizes on old versus new Billy shelving units is nothing 2 minutes and a drill won't take care of. AFAIK, the holes on Besta are already the new style(smaller diameter) and go all the way from top to bottom, so this should not be a concern.

Back