BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the info everyone
Ikea is having free shipping in Canada today ($250):clap
https://www.ikea.com/ms/en_CA/great_offers/civic_holiday_qc.html

BESTÅ
Shelf unit, black-brown
$110.00 2 $220.00

BESTÅ GLASSVIK
$30.00 6 $180.00

BESTÅ
Leg, round, black
$5.00 4 $20.00

DIODER
LED multi-use light, white
$24.99 2 $49.98

Subtotal $469.98
Delivery $0.00
Total before tax $469.98
GST (5%) $23.50
PST (7%) $32.90

Order total $526.38

Did I forget anything other then The Court of the Dead? :lol

I was able to get a great deal on some besta off of Kijiji (Craigslist equivalent). The guy was moving, so I got them for $40 each. There are two 1x2 units stacked on each other

I added the Glassvik doors to just the top one for now. Probably will rearrange the lower shelf (maybe add legs) and add lights to the shelves.

The only Besta Im finding of adequate size is either 75x24 (tall) or 5 x24 (medium). Am I missing one? Are there no double wides?
Double are discontinued since 6-8 months... :(
Now it's more expensive to buy 2 single than one double... :dunno

Ok Besta freaks, there's a new glass door in town… Marviken

besta-marviken-glass-door__0243888_PE383176_S4.JPG

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90278017/

I was at IKEA this afternoon and the doors seem to be foil-wrapped particle board and the glass is indeed an inlay. Nicer in person than that photograph, but the frames are somewhat chunky.

IMG_1561.jpg

For Tombo lovers, there are some new doors available for Billy using the Tombo aluminum extrusions. They're absolutely identical in construction, just proportioned for Billy. Available in full or half height - check out the display cabinet thread for info I just posted. Also included some other interesting display cabinet options that I'd not previously seen in person, such as Galant horizontal wall cabinet and new glass doors to fit the Akurum kitchen cabinet frames.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...y-cases-info&p=7100670&viewfull=1#post7100670

Get the bottom of the Besta up where the top of that thing on the left is so that you can see both shelves equally well when standing in front of it. This is another reason the 3-high Besta works so well, as you can put a solid door on the bottom for storage.

Cool thanks. Here's a pic of the directions hieroglyphics. Does it also have something to do with the shelf being flush with the top of the door?

So I think I finally figured out what these do. They don't so much have anything to do with the door hinge, as they just move the shelf forward. So the shelf gap is at the back and the front of the shelf is against the door.

Big concern for WW PF. She's 25.5" tall. This puts the top hinge of the bottom door right in the way of the shelf support...
I suppose I may be able to put her on the bottom shelf, but that may be disgraceful!

Big concern for WW PF. She's 25.5" tall. This puts the top hinge of the bottom door right in the way of the shelf support...
I suppose I may be able to put her on the bottom shelf, but that may be disgraceful!

The DC PFs are giving all of us who use bestas the exact same problem. For my Batman besta I had to go doorless because of how tall the pieces are.

Back