BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got any tips on how to get the doorhandles for the Tombo doors on? I got two right now that won't budge at all and i've left them on for over 12 hours hoping they would loosen up a little but nothing. I didn't have any issues with the other doors.

A couple of mine were tough to get on as well. You have to push until you think it's going to break something--then push a little harder. The loud click that sounds like it broke means it's on all the way.

I have a few questions as I'm considering getting a Besta to display my 1/6 scale figures. I'm never owned one of these before so mind my stupid questions. I just want to make sure I'm buying the right stuff.

First off I was considering getting this here (https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69012576/). However it doesn't seem to have a glass door so I was also considering getting this (https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70278037/) to go along with it.

But judging from the IKEA picture I can't really tell what kind of door already comes with it. But I don't think it's glass, like I want. So am I able to remove the one that comes with it and attach the glass one I picked out?

Again, I know I probably sound stupid right now because you guys seem to have a lot of knowledge about this stuff but I have none. I also don't feel like driving an hour out to the actual store as well.

Like Coll said, you're looking at combination prices, they're a visual way to shop for a frame and door at one time. They're a quick way of ordering multiple pieces in one set online. At the store you'll see these combinations on display with a tag that lists the individual products you'll need to buy to complete the set.

since they dont make that style anymore i bought the besta and the black glassvik doors. can anyone let me know if i bout the right kind or if ikea has something else thats better.

the vassbo doors have to big of a trim on them and the glassvik had the smallest so i went with them.

oh and i know about detolfs im just refering about bestas

I had a couple like that. You gotta PUSH HARD.

A couple of mine were tough to get on as well. You have to push until you think it's going to break something--then push a little harder. The loud click that sounds like it broke means it's on all the way.

I managed to snap one of them in place since it was like a 1mm away but the other one is just stupid. I can get it about halfway and then it won't budge at all :gah:

That's what s...

Never mind!

:lol

Nothing from Ikea comes as a finished unit.
Pick your carcass, pick your door and pick the legs, if you want them.

Like Coll said, you're looking at combination prices, they're a visual way to shop for a frame and door at one time. They're a quick way of ordering multiple pieces in one set online. At the store you'll see these combinations on display with a tag that lists the individual products you'll need to buy to complete the set.

Thanks for the information guys.

Pretty sure the price I paid here in Canada was higher than $42 per Tombo some years back, so that seems pretty fine actually. Even if you still have to buy your own hinges, it's not crazy custom-money.

Does anybody know what these are? The come with the Glassvik doors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 779
Cool thanks. Here's a pic of the directions hieroglyphics. Does it also have something to do with the shelf being flush with the top of the door?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 744
Last edited:
Not sure I haven't installed any because I need the shelves lower than that to fit my stuff. I just wasn't sure if they were needed for support when using the doors to make the frame sturdier.

It's an offset insert as has been mentioned. It allows you to place the door offset from the pre-drilled holes in the frame, the main purpose of which is to create alignment with a door. This creates multiple cubes which mimic multiple cabinets when using a single taller frame.

The instructions are pretty clear. You can see that the screw goes into the pre-drilled holes, which makes the supporting bit end up between two holes (offset). On the last "step" they're showing you that the final position of the shelf is such that its top will be flush with the top of the door.

It's an offset insert as has been mentioned. It allows you to place the door offset from the pre-drilled holes in the frame, the main purpose of which is to create alignment with a door. This creates multiple cubes which mimic multiple cabinets when using a single taller frame.

The instructions are pretty clear. You can see that the screw goes into the pre-drilled holes, which makes the supporting bit end up between two holes (offset). On the last "step" they're showing you that the final position of the shelf is such that its top will be flush with the top of the door.

Okay, i understand now. Thanks for the great explanation, man!

Back