BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like theTombo & Vassbo mix. Works for me.

I ended up using 2 Tombos on the upper 2 units and solid Vassbo combo on the bottom unit--which isn't a big deal since I try to use the bottom unit on each Besta for storage anyway. I didn't want to try a Tombo and Glassvik combo since I haven't seen the 2 displayed together yet.

I'm thinking of going that route as well. Put my less popular figures on the bottom row of my 3x BESTA 3x1 shelves and use the 3x Vassbo doors I already bought before the Tombos went on sale.

I did basically the same thing except instead of trying to paint something to match I bought an extra Vassbo door and ripped the long side rail off and used that to hid my dioder strips. The detail doesn't show up great at night but here's some pics.
apuru8a2.jpg
amedu6ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that just simple white contact paper on the back?

I was looking at the instructions for the new Glassvik doors on the website and it looks like there is going to be a 50" version eventually. This would be great for the larger PFs that have their viewing cutoff by the borders of the smaller doors.

13944835780_23e37e695d.jpg

Still nada, that sucks. Would definitely solve the 26" statue shelving issue.

Stick with the TOMBOs. No borders will be covering your name plates or anything in the shelf for that matter with those. It's a double-edge sword though because the only thing that's slightly bugging me is the light strips showing, and without the borders to reflect some of that light back to light up your figures/statues a touch more than normal.

Yeah I love the tombos. I really wish they hadn't discontinued them. I had 2 extra that I found in the clearance section and did some rearranging with a couple vassbos to fill in my new bestas. I'm at the point now where if I add any more bestas I'll have to use different doors.

My IKEA seems to still have a lot. They've been selling them for like $5 to $10 last I saw. I ended up buying 9, even though I only have 2 3x1 shelves. I plan on getting a third, so I was planning ahead. If there are more available, I might just pick up an extra 3 since my collection might still be growing, even though I'm trying to limit myself to 3 shelves, heh. I might have to switch out lights, or just add another strip to the back to get more lighting.

My IKEA seems to still have a lot. They've been selling them for like $5 to $10 last I saw. I ended up buying 9, even though I only have 2 3x1 shelves. I plan on getting a third, so I was planning ahead. If there are more available, I might just pick up an extra 3 since my collection might still be growing, even though I'm trying to limit myself to 3 shelves, heh. I might have to switch out lights, or just add another strip to the back to get more lighting.

Wow, which ikea are you going to? I had to dig through a pile of crap to get the 2 I found in Dallas.

This was back in May I think at the IKEA in Brooklyn I went to. They had piles of them, like maybe 100, and when some sold, they would bring out more to replenish. I guess not many BESTA owners in that city, haha.

I'm from the UK, but can't find the BESTA on the UK website. Do you know what the equivalent name is?

Also do you guys not include shelves for some PFs to fit?

I'm from the UK, but can't find the BESTA on the UK website. Do you know what the equivalent name is?

It's called Besta around the world. I'm not sure I remember any IKEA products with different names in different regions.

I'm 100% certain it's available at IKEA in the UK. Definitely listed on the website if you search for "besta"

Back