BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are they not making tombo doors anymore? i checked their site and there's none in any stores.

My wife just got some at the ikea in Dallas for me. However, I have noticed that the quantities are dropping quickly. Also, a couple Besta pieces are going. A 1x2 Besta that she got said 40 in stock Friday then they projected 20 in stock through today and 0 on Monday. If you can find them, buy them.

I finally got around to working on mine today. My only dilemma is if I should use the matching wood legs I bought for it or just go with the metal pads that come with it Truthfully the pads look like they'd be much easier since you do the leveling adjustments from inside the display.

The tombo doors and the 2x3 unit bestas aren't online or instore in my area as well. Perhaps they realized the could make more money just by selling the 1x3 bestas than the 2x3's which take up more space and thus are harder to move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just been speaking to a very nice lady at my local Ikea.
The Tombo are indeed being discontinued, apparently they don't sell very well. Must be just us buying them.
They are bringing out a new range in April.
She described a new door like the Tofta, which not surprisingly hardly sells at all, but instead of being in sections the dark bit will make a frame around the glass door.
It's not a frame but detail in the glass, if you get what I mean.

tofta.JPG

Depending how deep they go with the edging this could be quite a nice addition to the range.

Hello,

I found this thread on google after I found out IKEA had discontinued some stuff I needed to complete my Besta display.
Very annoying that IKEA discontinues stuff without a warning :mad:.

Anyway I got some good info from this thread and some new ideas so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

I got some info from an IKEA employee, the Besta Vassbo 23 5/8x15'' or 60x38cm doors are being discontinued.
Although not many of you use this size door, I suspect the larger 23 5/8x25 1/4'' doors may be next to go....

The Vassbo doors are being discontinued????!!!!! That is really going to screw up my display case since I only have 1/2 of it..... I need another 1x3 shelf, possibly another one in the future, each with 3 Vassbo doors.... Otherwise my BESTA display won't match side by side.

Hello,

I found this thread on google after I found out IKEA had discontinued some stuff I needed to complete my Besta display.
Very annoying that IKEA discontinues stuff without a warning :mad:.

Anyway I got some good info from this thread and some new ideas so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

I got some info from an IKEA employee, the Besta Vassbo 23 5/8x15'' or 60x38cm doors are being discontinued.
Although not many of you use this size door, I suspect the larger 23 5/8x25 1/4'' doors may be next to go....

Looks like a lot of changes come April.
I'd get everything anyone needed before they are no longer available.

IKEA around here has a 90 day return policy if I recall correctly. Check your store. If you can afford it, as Collectorcol says, buy the doors you need now.

The Vassbo doors are being discontinued????!!!!! That is really going to screw up my display case since I only have 1/2 of it..... I need another 1x3 shelf, possibly another one in the future, each with 3 Vassbo doors.... Otherwise my BESTA display won't match side by side.

I have two black vassbo doors 23x25 if that's what you need. They've been in storage since i bought the tombo doors. I'm just a little worried about shipping them.

23 5/8x15'' will be discontineud in April.... 23 5/8x25 1/4'' will stay...for now.. so i was told.
Stocks have been low around here (Europe) so keep an eye on the stock prognosis is my advice.

Depends on what you like the look of.
one or two pieces Vassbo, three or more Tombo.
Tombo gives a better view with no frame in the way, Vassbo looks better as furniture.

I need the white ones. Are they going to have a BESTA sale again anytime soon? I knew I should've bought more for the future back in January but I didn't have that much money to spend so I only bought one 1x3 shelf w/ doors.

Why did they discontinue the besta vegby doors?
They are amazing.
As soon as a got my besta units up , on eBay 2 brand new vegby doors pop up and for £15.00 plus £5.00 for 6 hinges.
Petrol cost me like £25.00 though as they were collection only from Stafford.
Sold my cabinets to a great guy from southport so happy days.
Also the vegby doors leave no gap what so ever so should be totally dust free,

Now I'm needing lighting , but those ribbon lights confuse me , has anybody got a link to a full cool white set for UK?
Does everything come in the kit that I need?

Depends on what you like the look of.
one or two pieces Vassbo, three or more Tombo.
Tombo gives a better view with no frame in the way, Vassbo looks better as furniture.

Decided on Tombo's and got the last 8 at the Ikea closest to me, which is good because i needed 8 :yess

Now i just need the Besta's :lol

Mine are finally up. The safe is temporary while I remodel my master closet. The plan is to add the 1 high by 2 wide unit between the towers after I move it.

yresary5.jpg

Was hoping to fit Bats and Joker in the same cube till Harley arrives. Not sure he's gonna fit though.
segypady.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back