BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick fix help:

One of my doors is sticking out on one corner. I've tried tampering with all the different screws and I haven't been able to fix this. I also tried pulling the door away from the hinge at the bottom left but it still sticks out. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this or if maybe the door is defective and I should exchange for a new one? It looks tight in the photo but there is space between this door and the one above so that they don't hit or rub against each other, so it's not that. It just won't close all the way at this corner whereas the bottom closes just fine so that that plastic tab touches the shelf.

The hinge instructions I posted cover this adjustment. Those hinges are adjustable in 3 dimensions and can compensate for every adjustment necessary to make all doors perfectly level with the same reveal and the same protrusion - so long as your cabinet frame is square.

Can anyone tell me if the single Besta cubes can be wall mounted and if it's safe to do so? I want to get some to display my 1/4 scale pieces, but I don't like the floor standing ones since the figures on the bottom cannot be seen well, so I wanted to mount a few of them at around eye level on the wall.

I was going to ask the same thing! Curious if anyone has done this, because I'd love to know how difficult it is/how much I'd have to frack up my walls to get the cubes safely mounted.

I've done it with the shallower extension units. Pretty simple really.
They supply a plastic corner bracket which you just screw on the back, each corner, then drill through the hole and screw to the wall.

Finally got my lights set up! Is that top unit still looking too crowded with the Batpod and the DX11 interrogation room under it? Really wanted them together to use up as much space as possible, but if it still seems very crowded, I'll get the Batpod in a unit alone w/ a half shelf and put 3-4 figures on it, and maybe DX11 next to the vehicle as if it just avoided him a la The Dark Knight.

Not going to have them all together like this since this is way too crowded... haha, but here's all my Jokers in the diorama background setup.

So what is better lighting is better for Bestas? Led strips from Barlighting.com or led pucks? How long do the batteries last on those LED pucks?

Finally got the units in my office, 2 Besta's and a Stuva for the Hulk. Added the Hot Toys to fill it out but with plenty coming it will look much different by the end of the year. There's room in the corner for a 4th Besta which I'll get eventually.

Still undecided about the doors, looks good as is but worried about the dust. For now I have boxes in the bottom and some spare shelves covering most of them up.

12412347844_82daee455a_o.jpg

12412350324_5fa462750c_o.jpg

alright so i got 9 bestas ..... what to use for lighting? the lighting thread i saw offered good ideas but bad in the end .... many reviews talk about crazy excessive battery usage on the puck lights shown in that thread.

please help!

alright so i got 9 bestas ..... what to use for lighting? the lighting thread i saw offered good ideas but bad in the end .... many reviews talk about crazy excessive battery usage on the puck lights shown in that thread.

please help!

Check out the INREDA LED strips at ikea.

Nice set up. What lighting do you use?

These https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50165404/ you can connect them all together so only one is running off the mains. You just need to add the mains plug adaptor and the connectors separately. So not cheap, but looks great. Also, unlike all the other strip lights, you don't get them shining in your eyes when you look at them as the front is covered.

Would more of you guys who are using Bestas without any doors be able to throw up some pictures? I'm getting new Bestas and as I look at the rising heights for some of the PFs, I'm wondering if I should abandon the door concept completely. I just see more pictures with the doors than without so trying to visualize if I'll be satisfied with it when it is complete. Thanks!

Would more of you guys who are using Bestas without any doors be able to throw up some pictures? I'm getting new Bestas and as I look at the rising heights for some of the PFs, I'm wondering if I should abandon the door concept completely. I just see more pictures with the doors than without so trying to visualize if I'll be satisfied with it when it is complete. Thanks!

Check out Mamba's collection thread.

I'm in your boat where I have different displays that don't line up with where the three pieces have their borders. My plan is to use one of these doors and put some plexiglass-like acrylic in place of the wood backing and take out the middle strips.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60210830/?query=602.108.30

I drove 45 minutes to find out they were sold out, (despite what their online stock said), and won't be restocking until April so my project has to wait.

Here's my besta display. I think in going to completely abandon the idea of using doors. I was planning on using Tombo glass doors, but my local Ikea doesn't carry them anymore. Plus I don't really like the borders for the other ones.

As for lighting, I'm using the Inreda spotlights that come in 4's for around $50. I like the Inreda light strips, but they were too costly for me. Plus I'm doing one figure per unit instead of multiple figures, which the strips are better suited for I think.

DSC_0488_zpsaff11d84.jpg

DSC_0489_zps4265148b.jpg

Here's my display… No doors for me! ;)
There´s also videos of my collection. Click the youtube symbol below my name or follow the link to my collection thread.

IMG_0705.jpg

I'm in your boat where I have different displays that don't line up with where the three pieces have their borders. My plan is to use one of these doors and put some plexiglass-like acrylic in place of the wood backing and take out the middle strips.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60210830/?query=602.108.30

I drove 45 minutes to find out they were sold out, (despite what their online stock said), and won't be restocking until April so my project has to wait.

It is funny that you mention that specific door. My wife came home from IKEA with one of those by mistake and it is a long way out of the way to drive back up to return it so I really thought about trying to do exactly what you describe. I'm generally not that handy but after looking at it, I really think I could do it. We'll see.

Back