BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have near as much PF's or 1/6th scale stuff yet, which I am working on, but I thought I'd share how I use my Besta's. When we bought are house this last March I knew I was using this roomfor our Home Theater and when I saw the closets I thought to myself "that's stupid to have them in here." Then I had an epiphany. This is how it turned out.

In-Room-1_zps549684bd.jpg

Inside-memorabilia-2_zps41225d04.jpg
Man im jealous. This screams awesome. Even the lighting in the room is perfect. Here I sit in my room disappointed with my hand me down entertainment shelves and desk.

great use of the closest space snsguy!

Thanks CTO15 :wave

Man im jealous. This screams awesome. Even the lighting in the room is perfect. Here I sit in my room disappointed with my hand me down entertainment shelves and desk.

Thanks themlgcjay! Trust me, it took a long time to get to where I am now. I started with hand me downs as well. You should have seen my first setup. Over time you'll get there but in the meantime it's what you do with what you have that makes the difference. There are plenty of setups here that put mine to shame. That's what's so cool here. You get inspired by what other people have done. Taking ideas from here and there and making them into your own. :)

Last edited:
A single central light only works with one, maybe two, piece(s) slightly behind it. Multiple pieces will be more suited to strip lights.
Anything infront of the single light won't be illuminated.

Yep, totally agree!

1 - 2 pieces works excellent, 3 can also work, as long as they aren't to big ;) (with LED-pucks)
I don't like it to be overly crowded!

A single LED-strip will illuminate the piece(es) more evenly and will probably look better if you put two bigger pieces on the same shelf (1/4th scale).

I don't have near as much PF's or 1/6th scale stuff yet, which I am working on, but I thought I'd share how I use my Besta's. When we bought are house this last March I knew I was using this roomfor our Home Theater and when I saw the closets I thought to myself "that's stupid to have them in here." Then I had an epiphany. This is how it turned out.

In-Room-1_zps549684bd.jpg

Inside-memorabilia-2_zps41225d04.jpg

Wow...that looks amazing.

:bow

Got a white Besta myself with 4 cubes. For Star Wars it is the best color IMO. Nice collection man!

Can you still get just these doors in the US? The only ones you can seem to get come with the furniture and not separately. I want the all glass doors not the ones with the wooden borders.

You can still get the glass ones to my knowledge here in the ohio store near me.

Can you still get just these doors in the US? The only ones you can seem to get come with the furniture and not separately. I want the all glass doors not the ones with the wooden borders.

Nothing comes as a 'package'
Every Besta set up you see on their site is made up from different carcass, door & leg options. They even tell you where it's located in the warehouse.
Ikea rule!

Nothing comes as a 'package'
Every Besta set up you see on their site is made up from different carcass, door & leg options. They even tell you where it's located in the warehouse.
Ikea rule!

Maybe in the store. But on the website i cant find just that door like the one shown above. I have a besta. Just want some doors lol

Are the vassbo doors being discontinued?

Are you referring to this?

IKEA FAMILY member price
$12.75
Nov 27, 2013 - Jan 28, 2014 Valid while supplies last in participating US stores only. IKEA FAMILY offer not available online.

My guess is just the price promotion lasts during this time period. They better not discontinue these.

You know another thing is holy crap are these doors expensive. Theyll cost me like 400 bucks. Just for doors lol thats insane.

Back