BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those Bestas look great!!! they are 1/6 hot toys are they? So the Bestas would be ok size for my predominantly 1/6 statue collection - did you buy extra shelves with this unit? And were the feet extra or included? - apologies for the questions, just about to get my room set-up :yess:

Hey Wolvie.
Jyst responded to your 1:6 question in the other thread.
The legs are an optional extra. Check out the site, round legs black or sliver and chrome square legs.

Ey? You would have one Besta cube with a half depth shelf across the middle. Doors wouldn't be a problem.
Pulled this from a Google search...

2wnmgif.jpg

Looks like the shelf could go slightly higher.

Those Bestas look great!!! they are 1/6 hot toys are they? So the Bestas would be ok size for my predominantly 1/6 statue collection - did you buy extra shelves with this unit? And were the feet extra or included? - apologies for the questions, just about to get my room set-up :yess:

The display Optimus has done has a different shelf placement than standard so doors wouldn't work with his display.
Maybe that's where you're getting confused?

Yep, Hot Toys 1/6th scale.
I bought extra glass shelves, roughly half the depth of the unit itself (also Ikea).
Feet were extra.

No problem at all! Ask away, we're all here to help :)

Yep, Hot Toys 1/6th scale.
I bought extra glass shelves, roughly half the depth of the unit itself (also Ikea).
Feet were extra.

No problem at all! Ask away, we're all here to help :)

Thanks Optimus, your collection is awesome btw, just been looking through your shelves :wave.

I think I may be swayed by the black/brown shelves as my wife doesn't like the look of the white in our room, worried about 'washing out' or hiding the statues in the dark surround, is this a problem or in the flesh rather than photot's can you see them ok?

I don't have near as much PF's or 1/6th scale stuff yet, which I am working on, but I thought I'd share how I use my Besta's. When we bought are house this last March I knew I was using this roomfor our Home Theater and when I saw the closets I thought to myself "that's stupid to have them in here." Then I had an epiphany. This is how it turned out.

In-Room-1_zps549684bd.jpg

Inside-memorabilia-2_zps41225d04.jpg

Thanks Optimus, your collection is awesome btw, just been looking through your shelves :wave.

I think I may be swayed by the black/brown shelves as my wife doesn't like the look of the white in our room, worried about 'washing out' or hiding the statues in the dark surround, is this a problem or in the flesh rather than photot's can you see them ok?

I assume you are going to add some lights to your shelves.
If thats the case, you'll be fine.
Without lights I would say it's too dark…

I've had both colors and I really like the white ones better.
Looks more clean and "fresh", more of a museum-like feel :)

The darker color makes for a more dramatic scenery if you will.

I assume you are going to add some lights to your shelves.
If thats the case, you'll be fine.
Without lights I would say it's too dark…

I've had both colors and I really like the white ones better.
Looks more clean and "fresh", more of a museum-like feel :)

The darker color makes for a more dramatic scenery if you will.

Thanks Optimus, would you say spot lighting or LED strip lights? Not sure which option is the best for overall lighting as I will have several statues per cube with half shelves to maximise the space.

Great set-up by the way Snsguy :clap

Thanks Optimus, would you say spot lighting or LED strip lights? Not sure which option is the best for overall lighting as I will have several statues per cube with half shelves to maximise the space.

Great set-up by the way Snsguy :clap

A single central light only works with one, maybe two, piece(s) slightly behind it. Multiple pieces will be more suited to strip lights.
Anything infront of the single light won't be illuminated.

Back