BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the outlet extender that you can plug stuff in on the sides so the cables don't stick out. They are semi flush because of the inreda power supply I use velcro on.

20130818_190000_zps3e3d612f.jpg

Wow, that's actually alot of room back there for re-wiring (when your lights go out or if you want to make a change.

I just purchased cool whites from barlighting, but I'm not looking forward to unscrewing my cabinets from the wall anchors and rewiring them.

Nice work!

this is actually before i pushed them to the wall, but they are easily slide out once i remove the statues -

the setup is 2x(3x2) and 3(3x1) shelves. Ikea was dead out of stock on the 3x2 so i only managed to get 2 instead of 3 but hey thats the beauty of cubes!

Nice El-Vi.
1:6 look a bit lost in the Besta, reall good with the shallow shelf though. :clap

Yeah I went with the besta with future growth in mind, I have about 3 or 4 other half shelves when more of my pre-orders arrive in the future. Looks a little empty right now but should look good in the future.

certainly beats my solo detolf only just finished my display area, no need to worry about lack of space anymore

I have a question about the besta guys, im looking to buy a couple of besta cabinets and mount them on my wall to form kind of a long horizontal display. At this moment i can only afford 2 units(4 blocks)
and 4 tombo doors.

I will by 2 of these:
https://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/40179350/

And mount them side by side.
But then i saw this one
https://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/90179343/

Obviously its double the height, but its pretty much 2 units of besta stacked together. Im not sure if im able to build them side by side, which means more length than height, and mount them on the wall. It is cheaper than buying 2 of the first one.
The instruction manual is abit confusing as well.

You can do exactly the same thing with the second as you can with the first. Buying 2 of the second is much cheaper than buying 4 of the first.

After looking at the manual closely again, the second one consists of long boards though, so i cannot do anything about the height it seems. I dont want to have 2 levels of besta on top of each other but rather next to each other. Im aiming to have half what El-Vi-Riachi has with his besta. 4 blocks across.

Sorry, I understood that you wanted to start with 4 across and later add more height.

In that case, you definitely must/should go with the first, because there is no way to build the Besta unit in a 4x1 instead of the 2x2 it was designed for unless you add some additional materials (at least an additional top and bottom) and do a bit of hacking - sawing all verticals in half plus creating new fastening holes/pockets..

did you switch them on already built bestas?

I have the 3 box high 2 box wide ones I want to do this with but they are already together with tombo doors and afraid to move them around too much.

That is the same exact besta I own and I did switch them on already built bestas. All I did was remove the 6 tombo doors from the hinges (left the hinges on) and the shelves (the ones not screwed in). I then laid the besta on the floor and removed the stock legs and twisted the new legs on. My only concern was distorting the cardboard backing but that was solid.

Keep in mind with the tombo doors adding more weight towards the front of the besta and now with the added height, mine leaned forward on my carpet floor. I fixed this problem by adjusting the front legs slightly taller than the back so that the besta would lean back against the wall. You may or may not run into this problem.

After looking at the manual closely again, the second one consists of long boards though, so i cannot do anything about the height it seems. I dont want to have 2 levels of besta on top of each other but rather next to each other. Im aiming to have half what El-Vi-Riachi has with his besta. 4 blocks across.

Avoid dealing with this person at all. Shadiest buyer I've dealt with on ssf.

I'm referencing Blue Lion

Last edited:
Kind of unfair to follow someone around to different threads to post off-topic comments about private transactions (or lack of transactions). I think this is the second thread in which I've read these kinds of comments this week - can't remember who the ppl were the last time. One should leave feedback through the trader feature of the board, it would suck if every thread starts turning into a he-said she-said scenario.

Last edited:
I am assuming you mean Blue Lion? Since my name is mentioned in the quote I would hate for others to assume you mean me. Would appreciate a little clarification.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Also I'm not being funny Josh but you told me only the other day 'I would get in trouble' for comments directed at certain members that aren't related to the topic of the thread. You said it may be seen as harassment.
Yet you seem to be doing it yourself? :dunno

:exactly: :goodpost:

Also I'm not being funny Josh but you told me only the other day 'I would get in trouble' for comments directed at certain members that aren't related to the topic of the thread. You said it may be seen as harassment.
Yet you seem to be doing it yourself? :dunno

He ripped me off of $494 and a figure. He only posts in a couple of sections and to keep any other members from being ripped off I made a post here and his WTB thread. I won't be following him around but I did want to make a bit of noise that he is a shady buyer.

Back