BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh, just the same as 3 cubes in one solid unit.
I don't do 1:6 but I believe they do a half depth shelf for your needs.

Liverpool? I was born there now living on the Wirral :hi5:

Hahaaaaa! Were in the Wirral buddy:hi5:

Good to know as i will only ever have them in 3 stacks like that and it saves about £15.00 that i can use to get some shelves too.
BUT! I hate walking around Ikea as they make you walk through the whole shop to get out of the place.
Wonder how much i could get for my 4 Detolf's?

Hahaaaaa! Were in the Wirral buddy:hi5:

Good to know as i will only ever have them in 3 stacks like that and it saves about £15.00 that i can use to get some shelves too.
BUT! I hate walking around Ikea as they make you walk through the whole shop to get out of the place.
Wonder how much i could get for my 4 Detolf's?

Good to hear. You me and GG all Wirral lads :hi5:
Walk round the whole place? You think you've got problems?
My wife want to buy the whole place whenever we go :slap :lol

Yes but it is amazing stuff , just google it and people cover their cars in it.
I like the matte version best but they now do colours too.
Make sure you buy the legit 3M DI-NOC and not the cheapo version.
You just heat it with a hairdryer would look stunning but the stuff is expensive in big sheets.

Thank you for the info

hey guys had a question im trying to mount the besta expension on the wall are those little white plastic brackets strong enough to hold that much weight it just scares me, im thinking about putting L brackets under for extra support!

hey guys had a question im trying to mount the besta expension on the wall are those little white plastic brackets strong enough to hold that much weight it just scares me, im thinking about putting L brackets under for extra support!

The plastic corner pieces included in the suspension rail kit will hold the Besta fine as long as everything is installed properly & you can use up to 4 of them per unit (2 in the far corners, 2 in the opposing middle corners) if you're worried about supporting the weight.

How many studs did you mount the suspension rail unit onto? And how much weight in collectibles do you plan on each Besta holding?

You can always drive extra long screws through the rear of the Besta into the suspension rails holes, and then into the wall once you get the unit up.

The plastic corner pieces included in the suspension rail kit will hold the Besta fine as long as everything is installed properly & you can use up to 4 of them per unit (2 in the far corners, 2 in the opposing middle corners) if you're worried about supporting the weight.

How many studs did you mount the suspension rail unit onto? And how much weight in collectibles do you plan on each Besta holding?

You can always drive extra long screws through the rear of the Besta into the suspension rails holes, and then into the wall once you get the unit up.

hey bro thanks for response i mounted on 3 studs two bestas, and used 2 plastic corners on each besta, im putting 2 pfs in each, screws i used were prob 4 inches , just scared if touched will fall! think thay will be fine or L brackets r needed, just that L brackets kinds ruin look!

I use L-brackets, and I have from the start. They are not visible on the tall BESTAs.

I got mine from the BILLY shelves, and when I run out, I just go to the IKEA store, and ask for some more. They are often kind enough to give them to me for free.

I'm not sure how you guys are talking about using L brackets, but the strongest method of attaching a Besta to the wall is the way IKEA's own suspension rail works - support the cabinet by the underside of its top, with a backer or rail affixed to a solid wall section (concrete wall or wooden stud).

Instructions here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/assembly_instructions/besta-suspension-rail__AA-299388-5_pub.pdf

You can possibly use L brackets underneath the entire cabinet, but it shouldn't be necessary. You can possibly also use L brackets inside the cabinet under the top shelf, but if you're not using really beefy brackets (and also including a shim behind the cabinet) then you're probably not going to make the mount any stronger than simply using IKEA's system to begin with.

I'm not sure how you guys are talking about using L brackets, but the strongest method of attaching a Besta to the wall is the way IKEA's own suspension rail works - support the cabinet by the underside of its top, with a backer or rail affixed to a solid wall section (concrete wall or wooden stud).

Instructions here: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/assembly_instructions/besta-suspension-rail__AA-299388-5_pub.pdf

You can possibly use L brackets underneath the entire cabinet, but it shouldn't be necessary. You can possibly also use L brackets inside the cabinet under the top shelf, but if you're not using really beefy brackets (and also including a shim behind the cabinet) then you're probably not going to make the mount any stronger than simply using IKEA's system to begin with.

hey thats what i used, just scared the plastic corner holds r strong enough or not im plannung on putting 2 pfs in each besta, Im just wondering if ppl used anything for extra support!

The plastic isn't what's providing the strength at all. It's only there to serve as a guide and shim, as well as to help prevent the Besta from tipping forward off the wall. The strength is all in the Besta frame itself, the metal rail and the fasteners you chose for your wall.

You could do something similar by hanging a plank on the wall and then hanging the Besta off that - it's what I've done. However, the plastic shims in the clips provide the nice benefit of securing to the sides of the cabinet to prevent pull-out. With my DIY method, only the more fragile back panel is used to secure the Besta in place against pull-out.

When a Besta is properly fastened using the IKEA kit to multiple studs, I'm pretty confident you'd be able to stand on it. So if you've followed their instructions precisely, time to move on. You're good to go.

Last edited:
The plastic isn't what's providing the strength at all. It's only there to serve as a guide and shim, as well as to help prevent the Besta from tipping forward off the wall. The strength is all in the Besta frame itself, the metal rail and the fasteners you chose for your wall.

You could do something similar by hanging a plank on the wall and then hanging the Besta off that - it's what I've done. However, the plastic shims in the clips provide the nice benefit of securing to the sides of the cabinet to prevent pull-out. With my DIY method, only the more fragile back panel is used to secure the Besta in place against pull-out.

When a Besta is properly fastened using the IKEA kit to multiple studs, I'm pretty confident you'd be able to stand on it. So if you've followed their instructions precisely, time to move on. You're good to go.

thank you very much very usefull information!!!!

Anyone know what's included in this

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S49887677/

That's not included if you price up 3 doors and the unit separately? It's like £15 cheaper when pricing up the bits individually :/

They don't sell anything as a package. You need to get all the bits you need individually so what you see is the price for the unit and three doors. You might then want to add legs.
You sure you priced up the right items?
Go on 'product information' then click 'show dimentions, weight and article number (s)' that will show you what you need to find when you get there.

hey guys is bestas made out of wood?

Their site is full of information...

'Product description Shelf unit:Back: Fibreboard, FoilBasematerial: Particleboard, Fibreboard, Foil, Honeycomb structure recycled paper fillingTop panel/ Bottom panel: Particleboard, Fibreboard, Foil, Honeycomb structure recycled paper filling, Polypropylene plastic'

Their site is full of information...

'Product description Shelf unit:Back: Fibreboard, FoilBasematerial: Particleboard, Fibreboard, Foil, Honeycomb structure recycled paper fillingTop panel/ Bottom panel: Particleboard, Fibreboard, Foil, Honeycomb structure recycled paper filling, Polypropylene plastic'

Dang coll. You always gotta out do me man.:thwak:lol

Back