BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a tip:

Less is more.

Your collection will present itself better if each piece has some air around it.

Personal opinion, though (but it's actually the truth).

Some of the older PFs display fine together, but a lot of the newer ones are bigger dimensionally. I think you would be hard pressed to put anyone in the same display space as Batman or Superman, and I am not even sure IF Gladiator Hulk would fit in a Besta.

If you want plenty of figures on a shelf you want a Pax.

Here is a quick pic of the PAX I put together over the weekend. I used the AULI door frames (which can be bought by themselves, without the glass/mirrored inserts), and got some full height acrylic panels made. The acrylic panels were pretty cheap, as there is a local plastics manufacturer where I had them made (i.e. no shipping). the total cost of the doors was about the same as if I had bought the complete system from IKEA (i.e. with the frosted glass or mirrored inserts). I am pretty happy with the finished look.

The space beside Wolverine is reserved for Deadpool!

That said...my besta is for sale...anyone in the Edmonton area interested?

photo+1-001.JPG

Last edited:
Oh, jumping back a few posts to the securing straps, I forgot to mention that you can get these for free from IKEA. My local store has them in a small bin near the service counter, otherwise you can just ask someone in the service department.

Anyone tried the STUVA? It seems deeper. Thanks!

That's a new one on me.
50cm compared to the 40cm Besta although I've never had an issue with the depth of the Besta.
Check that the glass doors are compatible before jumping in, can't see there being a problem :dunno

That's a new one on me.
50cm compared to the 40cm Besta although I've never had an issue with the depth of the Besta.
Check that the glass doors are compatible before jumping in, can't see there being a problem :dunno

Thanks! I hope the doors fit. I was thinking of putting the batmobile there.

Anyone tried the STUVA? It seems deeper. Thanks!

Same height and width as a Besta, so I don't see why the Besta doors wouldn't work. The additional depth will probably not allow you to display a 3rd PF on a shelf, but it would give you more flexibility with some of the bigger PF's, like Hawkeye. 4 more inches in depth and I can face him much more forward. Definitely something to think about.

Same height and width as a Besta, so I don't see why the Besta doors wouldn't work.

Stuva has been around for a while here in Canada, it's marketed as Kids' furniture - bedrooms and playrooms, hence the really colorful options and accessories. The savings are pretty remarkable when you compare Canadian Besta versus US Stuva prices. ;) Still pretty good US to US though, $29 for single Stuva unit versus $55 for Besta - as long as you want white.

Thanks guys! I was thinking about the color too. Maybe I'll let "HER" decide. lol

Anyone mount theirs on the wall and know what the weight limit is? Im talking about the cubes...

Back