BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking to get a couple of these when I make a trip to NJ this weekend. My questions are... Do these come unassembled in a box and do they make things that help raise them up off the floor bigger then wheels)? I see some of you seem to have the shelves placed up on another small base of some sort.. Is that something you can find in the ikea store??

Thanks in advance.

Ikea is the home of flat pack so yes unassembled. They make the best flat pack I have ever come across and I've had lots, including kitchens. And yes they sell legs for the cabinets, check out the site.
As for the raised area over the tv I assume it's screwed together or a specific tv display cabinet?

Ikea is the home of flat pack so yes unassembled. They make the best flat pack I have ever come across and I've had lots, including kitchens. And yes they sell legs for the cabinets, check out the site.
As for the raised area over the tv I assume it's screwed together or a specific tv display cabinet?

Excellent!! Thank you very much for your help. Now I can prepare to get a couple of these. :)

I am looking to get a couple of these when I make a trip to NJ this weekend. My questions are... Do these come unassembled in a box and do they make things that help raise them up off the floor bigger then wheels)? I see some of you seem to have the shelves placed up on another small base of some sort.. Is that something you can find in the ikea store??

Thanks in advance.

I have the same TV unit in white and it comes in 2 parts. The top 2 cabinets and the bottom TV cabinet. The top is slightly smaller than a normal Besta shelf as the top and bottom part are thicker so less display space inside and on the bottom TV part below where the TV goes is made either for drawers or cupboard doors or you can leave it open.

I dont know if you can make it out here as its a bit dark.

here is the link to the whole unit but you can do different combinations

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S89896670/

I have the same TV unit in white and it comes in 2 parts. The top 2 cabinets and the bottom TV cabinet. The top is slightly smaller than a normal Besta shelf as the top and bottom part are thicker so less display space inside and on the bottom TV part below where the TV goes is made either for drawers or cupboard doors or you can leave it open.

I dont know if you can make it out here as its a bit dark.

here is the link to the whole unit but you can do different combinations

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S89896670/
Lovely display Chris, thanks for sharing.
Are you a U.K collector?

Thinking of Pax over Besta... Will have to wait until I get there. Very hard to visualize. Made all the measurements in my room. Now I just have to decide how I want to display everything.

Thinking of Pax over Besta...

That will require a lot more DIY/hacking, IMO. Besta is pretty much ready to go with by-the-number assembly because it was designed with displays in mind. Ikea stuff is generally pretty flexible and if you have a creative imagination you can really go wild with any of their products. If you do end up making something unique with Pax, please, please, please start your own thread with "PAX" in the title so we're sure not to miss it. I'd love to see it.

That will require a lot more DIY/hacking, IMO. Besta is pretty much ready to go with by-the-number assembly because it was designed with displays in mind. Ikea stuff is generally pretty flexible and if you have a creative imagination you can really go wild with any of their products. If you do end up making something unique with Pax, please, please, please start your own thread with "PAX" in the title so we're sure not to miss it. I'd love to see it.

I considered the Pax JAWS but effort and expense ruled it out.
The doors need moding with glass or perspex.

Interesting.... Sounds like a pain... Besta might win :)

Does anyone know about how the Pax shelves are for handling the weight of the statues? Do the end up warping or bending?

Lovely display Chris, thanks for sharing.
Are you a U.K collector?

Thanks Collectorcol. I am originally from Scotland but living in Holland at the moment due to my work. I will be going to LFCC this week for the first time to help out a mate who is exhibiting there.

Ok so i picked up my besta unit today. Currently unpacking it and i notice when i tip the base panel and top panel i hear what can only be explaned as water trickling inside the wood. Anyone else have this?. Im guessing as the top and bottom panel are hollow it is just wood shavings rattling around.

Ok so i picked up my besta unit today. Currently unpacking it and i notice when i tip the base panel and top panel i hear what can only be explaned as water trickling inside the wood. Anyone else have this?. Im guessing as the top and bottom panel are hollow it is just wood shavings rattling around.

You are correct, mine were the same. Must be a hollow construction.

I painted my tombo doors frames black. It was a pain but happy with the result. It's amazing how big these shelves look after switching from vassbo doors.

I painted my tombo doors frames black. It was a pain but happy with the result. It's amazing how big these shelves look after switching from vassbo doors.

Nice job, I had those doors before. Now I have the Veras.

Hi guys, I'm excited about DIYing my own display with BESTA after looking at all your posts. I have a design in mind but worried that the structure might not hold itself given its weight plus the figures so I'd to see if you guys have any advice for me.

View attachment 63634
This design is tailored towards being able to display the 1989 Batmobile (assuming that its width will fit).

To keep the post simple, I will refer to the displays as (1) and (2).
(1) https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/80179348/
(2) https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/00179352/

My ideal design is to have (1) placed horizontally as the base, have two (2) lined up on each side and the finally topping off with another (1) on top, similar to what you see in the picture above.
However, my greatest worry with this design is that the bottom support will not be able to hold the weight of two (2)s and a (1) on top.

Alternatively, I would think that a safer option would be to use three (2) placed horizontally instead of a (1) for the base.

Would appreciate any advice and comments. Thanks!

Nice idea. You do realise that you wont be able to use doors on the top and bottom unit unless they lifted up? Plus the dividing shelves would need fixing in place or they would topple. Fixing the shelves in the bottom unit would also add extra supoort so I don't think you would have any issues as long as you don't load the top with heavy items.
Look forward to your results.

Back