BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all

Right i'm considering going down the besta route for the simple fact i hate glass.
I spent 4 hours cleaning 4 Deltof's today in the swealtering heat and after all that the sun shines in and what do i see?
Streaks on the glass.
Yes hammer almost came out and we nearly said by by to the cabinet's.

Basically i need some questions answering , and please don't say go to ikea as one i can't be bothered especially in this heat and 2 i want answers from fellow collectors and not some retarded Ikea staff whom know nothing.

Judging by the pics i can't get the answers i'm looking for.
I have measured up and they are higher and deeper than the Deltofs but not as long as 2 deltofs put together.
I have 4 deltof's full of stuff.
Basically i was wondering what you can get in a single unit.
Could you get 2 premium format statues in there along with a few hot toys?
Also can these be completley sealed to avoid dust with the likes of draft excluder tape?

Also do you buy the full storage combination unit or in single.
Is the combination unit basically 3 besta's stacked or is it smaller?

Also has anybody got internal dimensions as i'm sure the measurments on the Ikea site don't take the thickness of the wood into account.

Hello all

Right i'm considering going down the besta route for the simple fact i hate glass.
I spent 4 hours cleaning 4 Deltof's today in the swealtering heat and after all that the sun shines in and what do i see?
Streaks on the glass.
Yes hammer almost came out and we nearly said by by to the cabinet's.

Basically i need some questions answering , and please don't say go to ikea as one i can't be bothered especially in this heat and 2 i want answers from fellow collectors and not some retarded Ikea staff whom know nothing.

Judging by the pics i can't get the answers i'm looking for.
I have measured up and they are higher and deeper than the Deltofs but not as long as 2 deltofs put together.
I have 4 deltof's full of stuff.
Basically i was wondering what you can get in a single unit.
Could you get 2 premium format statues in there along with a few hot toys?
Also can these be completley sealed to avoid dust with the likes of draft excluder tape?

Also do you buy the full storage combination unit or in single.
Is the combination unit basically 3 besta's stacked or is it smaller?

Also has anybody got internal dimensions as i'm sure the measurments on the Ikea site don't take the thickness of the wood into account.
Hey man! That's a lot of questions...
Internal measurements H 24" W22" D15" shelves are adjustable.

Two smaller PF's will fit, don't collect 1:6 but you'll get plenty in.

Suppose you could put a bit of tape on the inside of the doors but hardly any dust gets in with doors on.

All the option are on their site. The hardest thing is deciding on what door you want.

Go to Warrington, you won't regret it.

turns out to get two tiers of 1/6th inside i need to purchase the 16cm deep half shelf :slap. I really wish i'd of known that when i went down to warrington ikea the other week when i got my units. I ain't driving back down there anytime soon so im just gonna order them online only £13 with delivery.

Hey man! That's a lot of questions...
Internal measurements H 24" W22" D15" shelves are adjustable.

Two smaller PF's will fit, don't collect 1:6 but you'll get plenty in.

Suppose you could put a bit of tape on the inside of the doors but hardly any dust gets in with doors on.

All the option are on their site. The hardest thing is deciding on what door you want.

Go to Warrington, you won't regret it.

Yeah sorry about all the question LOL!

Do you buy them in single units?
Or do you buy the version that looks like 3 stacked for £135.00?

Dunno what to go for as i will have them stacked in 3's anyway as i can only fit 2 set's of 3 in my living room.

turns out to get two tiers of 1/6th inside i need to purchase the 16cm deep half shelf :slap. I really wish i'd of known that when i went down to warrington ikea the other week when i got my units. I ain't driving back down there anytime soon so im just gonna order them online only £13 with delivery.

How much are the shelves buddy and how many do you need?
As i will be driving up there at the end of this month to get some unit's.

I went for a 2x2 with a 3x1 next to it...
P1010052_zps1bac5bc0.jpg

How much are the shelves buddy and how many do you need?
As i will be driving up there at the end of this month to get some unit's.

They are £4 a pop bud only getting two, i've ordered them now anyway they are coming around the 29th. I wasn't in a real rush for them yet got maul mythos and 1/5 wolf pred in them at the mo but when more of my 1/6 come in they'll be getting moved out. Thanks though.

I can only find a single three level Besta listed on Ikea, did they stop making the double?

Will a Rhino fit in one of these with a door?

Hey guys looking through the thread I definitely want the BESTA but can't decide on what doors to have I think I like the thin metal frames but are the hinges really obvious? Also I think I prefer the dark wood does anyone here with the white wood know if over time it fades or gets dirty easily? I'd imagine they would be higher maintenance ?

I'll allow myself to re-post my latest pictures for the sake of my argument (below).

The hinges are quite obvious. The thing is that you hardly notice them. I completely forget they are there. So even though they are pretty evident on my pictures, in real-life, they are forgotten because of the beauty that the cabinet contains.

IMG_9175.jpg

IMG_9176.jpg

IMG_9178.jpg

IMG_9179.jpg

IMG_9180.jpg

IMG_9183.jpg

Not going to lie Darthchris it was your pictures that made me choose besta in the first place!! I just feel the metal frame makes it look more modern and the thicker wooden frames look a bit older?

Not going to lie Darthchris it was your pictures that made me choose besta in the first place!! I just feel the metal frame makes it look more modern and the thicker wooden frames look a bit older?

Oh, I'm honored. :)

Yes, I agree with you. Also, they give a better view of the statue.

So it depends how it would fit best into your room. If you want to go with a more traditional look, or a modern look.

Hey guys looking through the thread I definitely want the BESTA but can't decide on what doors to have I think I like the thin metal frames but are the hinges really obvious? Also I think I prefer the dark wood does anyone here with the white wood know if over time it fades or gets dirty easily? I'd imagine they would be higher maintenance ?

Metal frame if you have big pieces or the wood for small, if you have no preference.
I had the same dilemma, decided I prefered the wooden frame but quickly realised that it obstructed the pieces on my bottom shelves so decided to do a mix.
Worked out quite well imo. See post #673 :wink1:

You can use the smaller (less depth) shelves from the Besta height extension units. There are both finished particle board (to match) or glass available. The glass is a nice option as they're only about 6mm thick.

I want glass doors, can they be added to this?

This is what I found...
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S49887677/

What about Rhino, will he fit?

Yeah, in my local IKEA, I have to locate each part separately. So I have to locate the shelf itself, then the doors and finally the feet. So when you browse IKEA's site, when it comes to these modular systems, what you are looking at are suggestions as to what can be accomplished with the system in question. So you won't find a big box with the shelf, 3x doors and feet, and that's it.

Just thought I wanted to add this bit of info, since I have gotten many confused people asking me about this. ;)

So yeah, the glass doors fit perfect. I have that one as well. It's the tall one on the left (see my pics) it's just attached directly to a tall double.

I don't know if Rhino will fit, unfortunately, since I haven't had the pleasure of owning that piece. Try and ask in the Rhino thread!

So I'm thinking of picking up:

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20102154/#/20102154

Firstly, how many 1/6 figures could I fit? I only have around 5 at the minute and only really plan to have around 10, probably less.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40103553/#/20103554

I would need two of those as well ^ ? Also I see the shelves come all the way to the front, do they do any shelves that stop half way? As I guess 1/6 won't fit if I wanted two rows.

I don't know if this helps. It was just a quick shot. I think it would be a bit difficult to fit in 1/6 on top of 1/6. It would require glass shelves, and it might be a little tight, still. Maybe someone, who collects 1/6, can answer? I just had these two boys lying around, but my focus is on statues.

IMG_9358.jpg

Back