BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah 1/6 on top of 1/6th doesn't work you get about 10'' of headroom left on top once the shelf is installed. so you have to buy the half 16cm deep shelves as mentioned above so it works out you have a row at the front and a row at the back. It will look like this.
collection3_zps933ee46c.jpg

Very F'in cool still

With proper fastening hardware you should be able to mount any of them I believe. IKEA's Besta planner will let you figure out most combinations.

Last edited:
Hey guys looking through the thread I definitely want the BESTA but can't decide on what doors to have I think I like the thin metal frames but are the hinges really obvious? Also I think I prefer the dark wood does anyone here with the white wood know if over time it fades or gets dirty easily? I'd imagine they would be higher maintenance ?
Here's what the white look like. Hope this helps you make your decision.
IMG_0242_zps7508f409.jpg

Oh, I'm honored. :)

Yes, I agree with you. Also, they give a better view of the statue.

So it depends how it would fit best into your room. If you want to go with a more traditional look, or a modern look.

Thanks, yeah I think I prefer modern look!

Metal frame if you have big pieces or the wood for small, if you have no preference.
I had the same dilemma, decided I prefered the wooden frame but quickly realised that it obstructed the pieces on my bottom shelves so decided to do a mix.
Worked out quite well imo. See post #673 :wink1:

Cool yeah I only plan on collecting 1/4 scale premium formats, that's my concern with the thicker wood is it does cover up a tiny bit where as the metal u can see everything.

IMG_0242_zps7508f409.jpg

Wow amazing collection! With regards to the white does it pick up dust really easily? I'd imagine they would show dust and marks quicker than the black? You can definitely make out the statue better in the white but I don't know if I can deal with the maintenance.

IMG_0242_zps7508f409.jpg

I just have to say I spent so much on Detolfs, so far I own 10 of them at this point. I wanted to go the Besta route when I started for better stability, and size, but was concerned about the cost of the Glass doors. I went to Ikea this past weekend and priced out the Glass Doors you have. They are 50.00 each. Is that what you are paying for them? So the Besta Cube is 20.00 and the Glass door is 50.00 so 70.00 for each Cube. That is very expensive, but looks clean and amazing. So you have already spent 1260 plus tax on this configuration. Am I correct in these prices?

Has anyone found a clean cheaper way to use the 20.00 Besta Cube with a nice Glass door, maybe not Ikea brand?

Thanks

Actually, I should think that the black ones show dust more than white ones.

Oh god really? But I guess over time the white ones will stain more no? I can't decide between white or black. I like the look of the black ones but with the white it really makes the statues stand out, meh I guess one thing to consider black will go with more things in my room generally than white?

Oh god really? But I guess over time the white ones will stain more no? I can't decide between white or black. I like the look of the black ones but with the white it really makes the statues stand out, meh I guess one thing to consider black will go with more things in my room generally than white?

If you add some decent lighting your items will still 'stand out' in a black/brown Besta.
If the darker option goes better with your decor/furniture that should be decision made?

I have the black brown ones and I love em. With the proper lighting white or black will do fine.

I just have to say I spent so much on Detolfs, so far I own 10 of them at this point. I wanted to go the Besta route when I started for better stability, and size, but was concerned about the cost of the Glass doors. I went to Ikea this past weekend and priced out the Glass Doors you have. They are 50.00 each. Is that what you are paying for them? So the Besta Cube is 20.00 and the Glass door is 50.00 so 70.00 for each Cube. That is very expensive, but looks clean and amazing. So you have already spent 1260 plus tax on this configuration. Am I correct in these prices?

Has anyone found a clean cheaper way to use the 20.00 Besta Cube with a nice Glass door, maybe not Ikea brand?

Thanks
I wish! $50 for each door, $25 for each light and what ever the price for 2 2X3 & 2 1X3 Besta frames are. I don't remember. and that's just one of the walls. It really adds up. Its the doors and lights that will get ya.As for the cleaning and maintenance, Ive had these for a while and you can't really see the dust and have no problems with any marks and if so they clean up easy.

Thanks

Here in UK the door is £25.00 and the cube is £25.00
still undecided as i don't know if all my stuff will fit in these.

Hey man! That's a lot of questions...
Internal measurements H 24" W22" D15" shelves are adjustable.

Two smaller PF's will fit, don't collect 1:6 but you'll get plenty in.

Suppose you could put a bit of tape on the inside of the doors but hardly any dust gets in with doors on.

All the option are on their site. The hardest thing is deciding on what door you want.

Go to Warrington, you won't regret it.

Cheers buddy i have already decided on the metal and glass
the only thing is were i have my cabinets either side of my TV 2 eaither side and they fit perfectly meaning i can only get 3 Besta unit's each side.
So i'm hoping i can get all my stuff in them as cleaning the cabinets is too much for me especially when the sun shines in as i actually loose sleep over it.:slap

Back